WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

this very well could be final, just wait and see, i bet it is though :D

aaa beta fish!

anyways installed it, installed the new intel inf drivers ati catalyst and creative beta drivers, seems to work like any other build.

still Dont think this is the final tho, i just dont believe it yet :)

oke. Installed the X64 version. Very fast install, and all my drivers are working great (just needed to download the G19 keyboard driver manually).

It doesn't show a buildtag, it is the build that was announced as RTM, and it is just as fast as the other builds I tried. I can hear a new sound when changing the theme, just the sound scheme which is made for the theme. But I suppose that was already in the other builds (7077 was my latest). Didn't find any new icons as far as I know.

oke. Installed the X64 version. Very fast install, and all my drivers are working great (just needed to download the G19 keyboard driver manually).

It doesn't show a buildtag, it is the build that was announced as RTM, and it is just as fast as the other builds I tried. I can hear a new sound when changing the theme, just the sound scheme which is made for the theme. But I suppose that was already in the other builds (7077 was my latest). Didn't find any new icons as far as I know.

Yeah, the new sounds were in previous builds.

this very well could be final, just wait and see, i bet it is though :D

A real RTM ISO would ask for the edition to install: Ultimate, Professional or Home Premium. The one that leaked doesn't, therefore it is not genuine RTM. It's probably compiled from final code though.

A real RTM ISO would ask for the edition to install: Ultimate, Professional or Home Premium. The one that leaked doesn't, therefore it is not genuine RTM. It's probably compiled from final code though.

Isn't that decided upon the key, and not the user choice?

Exactly! .. looks like the 'leaker' jumped the gun ..

It's going to take a few hours for me to get the torrent at the rate it's coming down at the mo .. and by that time Microsoft may have announced something! .. we'll soon see I suppose!

post-5928-1247487590_thumb.png

It's possible they changed this for Windows 7. Even though the install packages are universal, by default the DVD (and this ISO) installs the version of Windows 7 that the box indicates.

the last build i installed was 7129 and it came with some relatively old nvidia drivers built in. This 7600 build doesnt have any nvidia drivers for my Nvidia 9400M laptop graphics card and they dont appear on windows update either. Did this change only happen with 7600 or has this been the case for a few builds?

i was a bit annoyed that i had to go to nvidia.com to download drivers, there should be latest whql drivers integrating into windows7 by default:(

i suppose it is possible they changed the way it was done, although i would have thought it would be easier for microsoft to just have one dvd to burn millions of copies off as apposed to a dvd for each version.

i hope this is RTM i've been loving using build 7264 but i am reluctant to wipe a working system on an uncornfirmed RTM build, lets wait and see what microsoft have to say.

post-5928-1247487590_thumb.png

It's possible they changed this for Windows 7. Even though the install packages are universal, by default the DVD (and this ISO) installs the version of Windows 7 that the box indicates.

Also having a brother who works at Redmond I can say that at Microsoft they have a server which is widely available to all its employees that work their. Versions of Windows that are on their are all different as one is Home, one is Ultimate, and another can be one which includes all these versions. This meaning that the person who leaked it may have grabbed the Ultimate version.

It's not fault of the OS. It's the powermizer settings in the GPU drivers that underclocks the GPU to save power etc. underclocks it alot...

Check this topic I made:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=787172

also you can disable the animations for maximising and minimising in control panel - performance and effects - visual effects. its about 4 or 5 from the top, i have it disabled as the animating is annoying and distracting.

Unsure whether I am allowed to post this but anyway. Running x64 version of it, same as RC1 in terms on speed and everything else. No new things as expected, screenshots below:

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

installed 64bit and it asked which edition i want ;]

It's not fault of the OS. It's the powermizer settings in the GPU drivers that underclocks the GPU to save power etc. underclocks it alot...

Check this topic I made:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=787172

i have some stutter in aero aswell with 2 ATI cards, its not really stuttering its like it skips a couple of frames upon closing windows, its not as smooth as vista thats for sure.. and ive had this with every win7 build.

There seem to be 2 leaks of build 7600. Perhaps one asks for the edition when you don't enter a key, while the other does not?