WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

Well, this is a desktop pc,not a laptop.

I know I can disable the animations, but since Vista I have getting addicted to the animations.

Most people must be blind when it comes to seeing this aero bug. Turning animations off isn't an option for me either. It looks incredibly rough without animations wen u minimize/maximize windows. Even xp had animations. There is no way I can get used to something that operates similar to win95 (if you turn off animations).

Everything post win7 beta is such a disappointment. Beta was on the right track but with all the subsequent releases a lot of major bugs still remained (be it visual or stability). Visually, the aero glitch (animation skipping some frames) and the inconsistency when it comes to different styles of icons makes this release even worse than vista when it comes to polish. In terms of stability, the explorer still manages to crash randomly.

I guess this is the result of cutting out seasoned beta testers out of the process (laughable 2 builds distributed) in favour of partner feedback. Some of these partners are absolutely clueless when it come to coding and testing their own specific software that they force on you when you buy their systems (I am ofcourse referring to people like sony, hp, dell, etc).

Edited by vask

Well, this is a desktop pc,not a laptop.

I know I can disable the animations, but since Vista I have getting addicted to the animations.

Well, is Powermizer disabled for Desktop GPU? I doubt it. Just do what I did, download GPU-Z or anything else to monitor the clocks, if they are underclocked or they are running at full speed all the time.

Well, is Powermizer disabled for Desktop GPU? I doubt it. Just do what I did, download GPU-Z or anything else to monitor the clocks, if they are underclocked or they are running at full speed all the time.

Powermizer is an nvidia technology. This bug exists on all graphics hardware including ati and intel.

Well, is Powermizer disabled for Desktop GPU? I doubt it.

Yes, it doesent work on desktop pc's. The option to turn on\off powermizer is greyed out and no changes are possible.

Hmm So it's Ultimate only or is it like Vista where if you activate with proper key after 30/60/120 days with a diff version's product key it will just fall back to that version?

Powermizer is an nvidia technology. This bug exists on all graphics hardware including ati and intel.

Intel's cards are crappy so I don't know about them. As far ATI, I am sure they too have got a similar technology as Powermizer, to underclock the GPU when not in heavy use to safe power and temperature.

Yes, it doesent work on desktop pc's. The option to turn on\off powermizer is greyed out and no changes are possible.

It's turned off/greyed out because Windows Vista/Windows 7 have got better power management controls so the Powermizer is integrated into the OS through drivers and registry settings.

Looks like no MSDN/Technet or Volume License availability till 1st September - (according to Paul Thurrot anyway) undefined

another source - Zdnet confirms VL delay - unsure on msdn/technet availability

Volume License Customers are not same as MSDN/Technet.

Looks like no MSDN/Technet or Volume License availability till 1st September - (according to Paul Thurrot anyway) undefined

another source - Zdnet confirms VL delay - unsure on msdn/technet availability

That applies to business users with volume license agreements. Unfortunately, they won't be able to get Windows 7 until the 1st of September (according to the links you provided).

Intel's cards are crappy so I don't know about them. As far ATI, I am sure they too have got a similar technology as Powermizer, to underclock the GPU when not in heavy use to safe power and temperature.

It's turned off/greyed out because Windows Vista/Windows 7 have got better power management controls so the Powermizer is integrated into the OS through drivers and registry settings.

Volume License Customers are not same as MSDN/Technet.

Whether intel is crappy or not is not the point here. All cards exhibit this bug. A much faster nvidia or ati does exactly the same thing as a much slower intel. Speed of graphics card does not affect this. Nor does flashing the bios to overcock 2d clock rates. In vista, with the same cards, the animation is smooth. In win7 the bug is undeniably there, irrelevant of system components. I have not seen a system yet where this bug did not exist. However some people just aren't able to see that there is a kink/jerk in the animation (caused by missing frames in the animation). It can be seen easily if you activate the slow motion aero animation feature/hack.

BTW, here is a video of this problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNlY1pVZZf0

Notice how after a window is opened (with slow motion enabled) the animation is smooth until it gets to the last few frames when it just sort of pops.

Whether intel is crappy or not is not the point here. All cards exhibit this bug. A much faster nvidia or ati does exactly the same thing as a much slower intel. Speed of graphics card does not affect this. Nor does flashing the bios to overcock 2d clock rates. In vista, with the same cards, the animation is smooth. In win7 the bug is undeniably there, irrelevant of system components. I have not seen a system yet where this bug did not exist. However some people just aren't able to see that there is a kink/jerk in the animation (caused by missing frames in the animation). It can be seen easily if you activate the slow motion aero animation feature/hack.

BTW, here is a video of this problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNlY1pVZZf0

Notice how after a window is opened (with slow motion enabled) the animation is smooth until it gets to the last few frames when it just sort of pops.

yep thats exactly it !

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3332

Take two: Microsoft says business licensees to get Windows 7 bits on September 1

Why do MS keep doing this? They did it with Vista SP1, i.e said it was done and then sat on it for months. It's so damn annoying especially when the final bits are leaking all over the place. I hope they stick to the orginal end of July date >.<

That applies to business users with volume license agreements. Unfortunately, they won't be able to get Windows 7 until the 1st of September (according to the links you provided).

This is normal, businesses got Windows Vista before normal customers.

Wait, what... this is a problem? I don't see any evidence of missing frames.. only that MS sped up the fade out animation compared to Vista. It's less "smooth" because the animation is simply quicker.

7600 is without a doubt (at least to me) the best thing they've created yet, whether it's chosen as the RTM final build or not. It's extremely fast, snappy, so far it's working great, and Office 2010 x64 is just as fast and snappy on it. ;)

Wait, what... this is a problem? I don't see any evidence of missing frames.. only that MS sped up the fade out animation compared to Vista. It's less "smooth" because the animation is simply quicker.

If you don't see it you don't see it. And no, the animation wasn't sped up. The problem is not in the whole animation as the video clearly shows. The problem is that at the end (evident in the last seconds of the video) of animations (close/open window) the animation starts smooth but then ends up completing it with a pop/jerk/skipped frames.

I can't really explain it any better than I already have. To that that notice it can be really annoying. It bothers me enough to not be able to have a windows 7 installation for longer than a few days and reverting back to vista.

Omg people actually notice this stuff??

If you don't see it you don't see it. And no, the animation wasn't sped up. The problem is not in the whole animation as the video clearly shows. The problem is that at the end (evident in the last seconds of the video) of animations (close/open window) the animation starts smooth but then ends up completing it with a pop/jerk/skipped frames.

I can't really explain it any better than I already have. To that that notice it can be really annoying. It bothers me enough to not be able to have a windows 7 installation for longer than a few days and reverting back to vista.

If it bothers you that much, you probably should see a doctor or something. Seriously, it's a non-issue and there's no point in making a stink about it when no one notices it during their daily usage of Windows 7.

In 1998, where it's still appropriate to use.
That's just not fair to say. I don't think anyone and everyone who uses 32-bit Windows should be branded as God's worst sinner. I would love to move to a 64-bit OS and probably will with Windows 7, but at the moment most of the software I use doesn't function/doesn't work at all as well as 32-bit versions. That's the main hurdle that I am yet to overcome. You're probably feeling like a pig in crap running x64 stuff, but it's not for everyone. A lot of code out there isn't even multi-threaded yet, let alone 64-bit compatible. So please climb off your high horse ;)

If it bothers you that much, you probably should see a doctor or something. Seriously, it's a non-issue and there's no point in making a stink about it when no one notices it during their daily usage of Windows 7.

Perhaps it is you who should actually see a doctor if you can't see it. Something must be wrong with your eyes/brain. If you don't see it or don't care about it doesn't mean it is a non-issue. Maybe just a non issue for you but not to the peoeple who notice this. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean "no one notices itduring their daily useage", there are plenty of posts/threads about this on th internet and I expect there will be many more come GA.