WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

Do not ask for download links in this thread. People who ask about or talk about downloading the RTM of windows 7 off of the internet will be warned.

Were not allowed to talk about downloading from MSDN either seeing that's over the internet? Just to be clear

Were not allowed to talk about downloading from MSDN either seeing that's over the internet? Just to be clear

Once it's on MSDN it's totally legal, so I highly doubt they would warn anyone over that.

Once it's on MSDN it's totally legal, so I highly doubt they would warn anyone over that.

Once its on MSDN, So if I say I'm going to get it from MSDN before its on there its totally illegal?

What about a thread title change Tom? It's confirmed NOT RTM now.

Technically speaking 7600 will still be RTM. It's just the subset build number now...

Who said that?

MS. The build number is locked, and will just be recompiled with a different substring when necessary.

Who said that?

You'll have to trust me on that...

7600 is locked and it's the minor build number that counts now which is the 16384 afterwards.

You'll have to trust me on that...

7600 is locked and it's the minor build number that counts now which is the 16384 afterwards.

:shiftyninja:

Sounds Good... (Y)

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/wa...009keynote.mspx

BILL VEGHTE: Good morning. How is everyone doing out there? (Applause.) All right. You watch that video, it's such an exciting time. It is such an exciting time. This morning we will release Windows 7 to manufacturing, and we write that next chapter, we go after that opportunity. And when you think about the story of Windows, and you think about that story, and you all have written that history. You think about Windows, and over the world you've got over a billion people, over a billion people, depending on what you do. More people speak the language of Windows than speak the English language. And that opportunity, and that value, that incredible simplicity, that broad a set of choices, that's what you've done.

BILL VEGHTE: Good morning. How is everyone doing out there? (Applause.) All right. You watch that video, it's such an exciting time. It is such an exciting time. This morning we will release Windows 7 to manufacturing, and we write that next chapter, we go after that opportunity. And when you think about the story of Windows, and you think about that story, and you all have written that history. You think about Windows, and over the world you've got over a billion people, over a billion people, depending on what you do. More people speak the language of Windows than speak the English language. And that opportunity, and that value, that incredible simplicity, that broad a set of choices, that's what you've done.

Haha. Nice find.

Who said that?

Judging by Microsoft's RTM builds of previous versions of windows, they like to keep the first 4 digits of RTM an easy even number. So 7600 is most likely to stay. As for the second 5 digit series, it can be one of these: 7600.16384 (current), 7600.16385, or 7600.16386. Note that Vista RTMed at 6000.16386. I personally don't think MS will round it to 7600.17000 as WZOR has suggested.

Classic MS mistake of not fully editing their press material drafts. Wzor and Neowin were both right on the July 13 date, that was the original date that was targeted internally. We noted the mistake here too.

OK - so we will have just substring implementions... If I decide to just keep using this build, will there be any problem? Windows update, my future key and anything else, would it all work?

OK - so we will have just substring implementions... If I decide to just keep using this build, will there be any problem? Windows update, my future key and anything else, would it all work?

You should be fine.

I installed one of RTM candidates of XP before it was signed gold. I didn't have any problems at all.

Actually, I have talked to other with the same problem (aero stutter)@guru3D.com, and all with the problem have high-end rigs(quad-cores, nvidia 250 or higher)..so it almost seems like 7 aint optimized for good comps.

Sounds wierd, but who knows.

Maybe they have been focusing too much on lower-end comps lol.

Not true. My computer runs windows 7 7600 x64 perfectly. And with some benchmarks, it is killing vistas performance. Your problem is driver issues, which you should look into. Also, check your Event Viewer for errors.

Not true. My computer runs windows 7 7600 x64 perfectly. And with some benchmarks, it is killing vistas performance. Your problem is driver issues, which you should look into. Also, check your Event Viewer for errors.

Actually Aero does stutter and i have GTX280SLI setup with latest installed drivers. Also no event viewer errors. I am sure future drivers will fix it. It's not bad though, you can notice sometimes, but nothing annoying. It happens when you open or close window. People are reporting same issue on ATI and Nvidia cards.