WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

I wasn't confirming or denying the Aero Stutter. What I was referring to was the fact that Windows 7 isn't optimized for higher end computers, because I am not having any performance issues and I would consider my machine to be in the high end category. I'm using AMD/ATi video cards though and not Nvidia.

I wasn't confirming or denying the Aero Stutter. What I was referring to was the fact that Windows 7 isn't optimized for higher end computers, because I am not having any performance issues and I would consider my machine to be in the high end category. I'm using AMD/ATi video cards though and not Nvidia.

I think you're right considering the fact that memory usage is the same on my machine like i had on Vista. Windows 7 does not make a single difference on high end machine compared to Vista.

guess they must have released windows 7 to rtm then....

"BILL VEGHTE: Good morning. How is everyone doing out there? (Applause.) All right. You watch that video, it's such an exciting time. It is such an exciting time. This morning we will release Windows 7 to manufacturing, and we write that next chapter, we go after that opportunity. And when you think about the story of Windows, and you think about that story, and you all have written that history. You think about Windows, and over the world you've got over a billion people, over a billion people, depending on what you do. More people speak the language of Windows than speak the English language. And that opportunity, and that value, that incredible simplicity, that broad a set of choices, that's what you've done."

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/wa...009keynote.mspx

guess they must have released windows 7 to rtm then....

"BILL VEGHTE: Good morning. How is everyone doing out there? (Applause.) All right. You watch that video, it's such an exciting time. It is such an exciting time. This morning we will release Windows 7 to manufacturing, and we write that next chapter, we go after that opportunity. And when you think about the story of Windows, and you think about that story, and you all have written that history. You think about Windows, and over the world you've got over a billion people, over a billion people, depending on what you do. More people speak the language of Windows than speak the English language. And that opportunity, and that value, that incredible simplicity, that broad a set of choices, that's what you've done."

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/wa...009keynote.mspx

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/...dows-7-rtm.aspx

I believe this blog entry was written afterward and denies it being RTM.

BILL VEGHTE: Good morning. How is everyone doing out there? (Applause.) All right. You watch that video, it's such an exciting time. It is such an exciting time. This month we will release Windows 7 to manufacturing, and we write that next chapter, we go after that opportunity. And when you think about the story of Windows, and you think about that story, and you all have written that history. You think about Windows, and over the world you've got over a billion people, over a billion people, depending on what you do. More people speak the language of Windows than speak the English language. And that opportunity, and that value, that incredible simplicity, that broad a set of choices, that's what you've done.

BILL VEGHTE: Good morning. How is everyone doing out there? (Applause.) All right. You watch that video, it's such an exciting time. It is such an exciting time. This month we will release Windows 7 to manufacturing, and we write that next chapter, we go after that opportunity. And when you think about the story of Windows, and you think about that story, and you all have written that history. You think about Windows, and over the world you've got over a billion people, over a billion people, depending on what you do. More people speak the language of Windows than speak the English language. And that opportunity, and that value, that incredible simplicity, that broad a set of choices, that's what you've done.

There is no need to post this anymore. It has already been identified as a slip up on Microsoft's part.

So which is it, morning or month? Obviously it's not "morning", but I'm curious what he actually said since people seem to keep changing his words.

I'm glad that blog confirmed it for us. Not sure why people think 7600 is RTM when nothing is confirmed. When Microsoft announced, then that, and only that is truly RTM.

check this out wen i asked about the new icons and sounds wat was the reply in windows 7 team blog :)

winblog.jpg

the most ironic part that he added that ( this is a significant change from Vista ) lol

dont get what everyones problem is with the icons. i'm very picky with icons, i won't use a program if it has a crappy icon, and the new ones in 7 don't bother me with the existing vista ones. they changed a few application icons, not system icons (except control panel i guess.) get over it.