Corel Paint Shop Pro X FREE!

Question

Having been using PSP since version 4.something, I can really recommend it. Since Corel decided to make it a full alternative to Adobe's sluggish, expensive Photoshop thingy, it has got even better.

In fact, the only thing that actually sucks is the new skinning ability; PSPX doesn't have it yet, so what's wrong with it? It is way less bloated than Adobe's software; and you can buy a license without having to get into debt.

I love PSP. I even prefer it to GIMP. Get it, guys.

Paint Shop Pro went downhill when Corel took it over. I found this out when I bought version 10 and I went back to using version 7.

However since version 10, they've fixed it back up again (by version 12.50 which I what I'm using now).

Bingo! They definitely ruined a great product when they bought Jasc, releasing PSP10 within months of the release of 9 (it was virtually 9 with a different logo and completely unnecessary bloat).

I still use PSP9 because it suites all needs except one: text tool. It is awful, especially when compared to the one in Photoshop. And it's annoying that it forces Vista into Aero Basic.

Anyone having trouble downloading it? I can't get the download to start, and if I click on "click here" etc it just takes me to the Corel trial download site.