[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Kudos to The ODI and Erin at Dark UFO for finding the following item nestled among the goodies at the Comic Con LOST Auction (the second picture is written on the back of each card):

dba66f268981c5774ec2b00.jpg

The backside of the card enlarged:

scribbles2.png

It's pretty obvious this is the beginning of a new ARG. The link provided on the front of the card, www.lostuniversity.org, takes us to the ABC website for Lost University with what appears to be lots of interactive fun.

I'm thrilled! This looks a lot more fun than last year's ARG and we are overdue for something to keep us occupied until January.

aviarylostuniversityorg.png

of course there's an image at the bottom...new people...old faces?

lostu.png

lostu.png

Same people from season 1 dvd. Jack's tie was a dead giveaway :p

4c42224128a08061d0896010.L.jpg

Thanks to DarkUFO reader Chloe for the following.

I am sure that I am way behind or not looking in the right place but has the DarkUFO site let everyone know about these ?Lost Mysteries? featurettes that are on the abc.com web site? The first one went up yesterday and there are four more to come. They are all about the mysteries of Dharma.

Here are the dates that were listed in a KIA ad in my entertainment weekly as the dates for the new featurettes to be released:

7/23/09

8/4/09

9/8/09

10/15/09

11/16/09

Watch Video

Dominic Monaghan Joins Flash Forward, But What About Lost?

In the worst-kept secret?at Comic-Con 2009, the Flash Forward show runners revealed via dramatic video footage?and a late appearance by the actor himself?that Dominic Monaghan will indeed star in ABC's newest high-concept sci-fi drama, premiering Sept. 24. ?

Charlie may be dead on Lost (maybe), but Dom is very much alive as Simon, "a game-changer character who f--ks up a lot of things," as he was described by the ever-pithy show runner David Goyer (Batman Begins, Dark Knight).

Comic-Con 2009 Franchise Brick

Dom joins an all-star cast that includes Star Trek's John Cho, Joseph Fiennes (Shakespeare in Love), Courtney B. Vance (Law & Order) and another British Lost-ie, Sonya Walger (Penny). Their characters all glimpse their lives six months in the future during two minutes of unconsciousness in which the entire population flashes forward.

So does Dom's casting mean he definitely won't return to Lost? Read on to hear how the actor envisions his future...

"When people ask if me I'm coming back to Lost, that's the equivalent of asking Huckleberry Finn if he's coming back to Mark Twain," said Dominic. "I'm a fictional character. I have no control over that."

When asked whether Flash Forward is really a Lost "companion piece," as it's been characterized by the media, the former Hobbit points out that the new ABC show has a "large impressive international cast [and is a] worldwide show?a world event?with mystery, drama and suspense, but ultimately tells the story through characters. So in that way it's heavily influenced by Lost."

"But it's also its own beast. I just kinda know what you guys know. A world event takes place for about two and a half minutes...Everyone becomes a prophet of their life. It's just a huge headf--k."

So why did Dominic choose to play another role on an ABC series? "I want to play someone who's the opposite of Charlie. [And Flash Forward's Simon] is a man?this guy's not scared, he's capable, he's unflappable, he's smart, he's scary, he's everything that Charlie wasn't...I love Charlie?that was a time of my life. But it's important to me to continue to show an audience that I can play more...if no one knows what I'm going to play next, it gives me more choices."

When asked about coping with his fame, the talk of Comic-Con says, "That? is the price I pay for doing the job I love. At some point in the future I'll probably take a step back. Have babies and make honey."

It's pretty obvious this is the beginning of a new ARG. The link provided on the front of the card, www.lostuniversity.org, takes us to the ABC website for Lost University with what appears to be lots of interactive fun.

I'm thrilled! This looks a lot more fun than last year's ARG and we are overdue for something to keep us occupied until January.

Lost University. Sign me up!

They are giving out free posters!!!!!! :(

<snippped>

It is so plain though. I'm not sure I would want it even if it was free :p

They could have come up with something better. Unless that was done on purpose, maybe to symbolize the white-out of the last moment of Lost: Season Five?

I'm not really following this thread but those people are lining up for what? Some event at Comic Con?

I'm not really following this thread but those people are lining up for what? Some event at Comic Con?

Yep in about 10 minutes the lost panel starts with stars and writers from the show, questions will be answered and some footage shown and the ARG being kicked off to cover to till Jan 2010

EWDocJensen: CC: People ask, "Make it up as we go along?" Now they will prove the answer. DL: They pull out the final page of last script.

EWDocJensen: They are locking the page in a briefcase. They say they will reveal it on Jimmy Kimmell on series finale night to prove they had it planned.

:D

EWDocJensen: Question: Season Six similar to Season One? Answer from DL: Want the show to feel like closing loop. Old S1 charaters will be seen.

EWDocJensen: Question from "Faraday fan girls:" Will we see him married with kids? DL: If Jack and crew changed time, maybe. DL: "Faraday WILL be on S6."

EWDocJensen: To be clear: The America's Most Wanted mock ad teasingly suggests that Kate's step-dad DID not die in the house explosion. Time reboot?

EWDocJensen: Question: Richard Alpert flashback--when? Linked to Black Rock? CC: We would be remiss if we didn't give backstory. DL: It's "involved."

EWDocJensen: Q: Juliet make it out alive? DL: Juliet WILL be in final season.

I can't wait for the black rock flashbacks. I'm not sure what they meant be the last page of the script being revealed on Jimmy Kimmel? Anyone want to enlighten me?

I can't wait for the black rock flashbacks. I'm not sure what they meant be the last page of the script being revealed on Jimmy Kimmel? Anyone want to enlighten me?

The final page of the last episode script has been locked away and on the night of the final episode he will open the case and prove that was the ending they had and it wasnt changed

EWDocJensen

Q: Palette drop. Will we get answer? Jorge: "It comes from planes." DL: "Something we'll try to address."

EWDocJensen

Q: More Dharma stuff next year? CC: Did it last year. Won't be seeing a ton of Dharma stuff is S6.

But unless this final page was written and locked away years ago what does this prove? The best way of proving they weren't making it up as they went along is if the final season wraps it up so perfectly, with so many links to the previous seasons that they must have had an overall plan (which I believe they did).

EWDocJensen

They end with an "In Memorium" clip package: Gary Troup, Arzt, Roger Linus, Mr. Friendly, Ethan, Frogurt...

EWDocJensen

Nikki and Paulo, Libby and Ana Lucia, Rousseau, Alex, Shannon, Boone (huge roar), Charlotte, Mr. Eko, Michael, Faraday, Charlie...

EWDocJensen

Prolonged Charlie clip package. Hmmm... might Dominic come out? He was here yesterday for Flash Forward....

EWDocJensen

HE IS HERE! Standing ovation for Dominic!

End of Panel

lostsoul815

Digital Spy at #sdcc says that Libby's last name is 'Smith' and Karl's is 'Martin'. Interesting.