[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

What's amazing is I didn't like lost at first, I remember watching the pilot and thinking "god this is crap", it wasn't until late season 1 when I really got into it

Ha, I've always been a fan, loved it from the first pilot. Though I have hated lots of shows at first and then liked them for instance True Blood, Breaking Bad, Nurse Jackie, The Mentalist, and more :laugh:

I don't even remember how I got hooked but I remember loving it from the start. I think I was just bored one day and started watching it on abc.com.

What's amazing is I didn't like lost at first, I remember watching the pilot and thinking "god this is crap", it wasn't until late season 1 when I really got into it

WHAT! Most people loved it from beginning till end of Season 1, at least. I myself has never stopped loving it.

WHAT! Most people loved it from beginning till end of Season 1, at least. I myself has never stopped loving it.

haha I remember seeing it and thought the first episode was awful, but then end of season 1 and season 2 omg the desmond reveal made me love it! and since then its been love haha except for 2 episodes I havent seen well 3

S.O.S, Dave (hurley one) and Nikki/Paulo one

Some dude at DarkUFO did an annotation of sorts,

s6promo.jpg

Jack is NEXT to Kate, not Sawyer

YAY you know I am a JATER!!! :p

Where is Shannon/Boone? Too HOT to show?

BTW,anyone found out the name of the pretty girl (The last one) in that Oceanic Airlines video?

haha I remember seeing it and thought the first episode was awful, but then end of season 1 and season 2 omg the desmond reveal made me love it! and since then its been love haha except for 2 episodes I havent seen well 3

S.O.S, Dave (hurley one) and Nikki/Paulo one

The first episode I watched was "Numbers" and that got me into it!

BTW,anyone found out the name of the pretty girl (The last one) in that Oceanic Airlines video?

Actually, give me ALL their names. They are all pretty! :D

Actually, give me ALL their names. They are all pretty! :D

you might have to ask abc for that information

Amazingly sad. For the last six years we've followed these characters and come June 2010, they're all gone :cry: Sure this show has had its lows, but I still love this show and the wonderful story that Lindelof and Cuse have given us.

All great things must come to an end though. There are shows out there that continue to shovel **** out just to continue to make money (The Simpsons). In my opinion there is no show past/current that even comes close to the brilliance that is LOST. I would rather it end in an amazing way than follow down the dollar sign.

yeah it's amazing that it's been almost six years...time flies like an Oceanic jet, and the results for most people are equally disasterous.

as for the show, no big hopes for the last season, i'm convinced at this point the main people behind the excellent first two seasons have moved on to other projects and the expanded team of writers don't know what they're doing. but then who knows, JJ might come back to be more involved now that both Cloverfield and Star Trek are behind him.

yeah it's amazing that it's been almost six years...time flies like an Oceanic jet, and the results for most people are equally disasterous.

as for the show, no big hopes for the last season, i'm convinced at this point the main people behind the excellent first two seasons have moved on to other projects and the expanded team of writers don't know what they're doing. but then who knows, JJ might come back to be more involved now that both Cloverfield and Star Trek are behind him.

Not sure what you mean, the main people behind Lost when it started are still involved:

Damon Lindelof - writer

Carlton Cuse - writer

Jack Bender - director

Bryan Burk - executive producer

JJ also serves as executive producer and has had input from time to time IIRC.

Jeffrey Lieber was involved in the screen play for the pilot, but nothing else from there.

Other people write for the show, for sure, but the overall story that they wanted to tell when they created the show is still in play, and the fact that they were given shorter episode numbers for the last three seasons helped ensure that they keep focus in the episodes and not wander off like they did with several of them.

I almost gave up during the first half of season three. Lucky I didn't!

I thought the 2nd half of Season 3 was better than the first! (Well, minus the Nikki/Paulo episode)

I thought the 2nd half of Season 3 was better than the first! (Well, minus the Nikki/Paulo episode)

Well, I felt that after the end date was announced (around the middle of season 3), the show bounced back big time. Most of the episodes (at least the flashbacks, if not the entire episode) after the then mid-season break and the Nikki/Paulo one were cringe-worthy, I felt. The episodes where Jack got tattooed and Claire was chasing pigeons were as bad as Nikki/Paulo ones. Desmond's time-flashing episode was a silver lining, though.

I don't know how people never liked the first episode :s

Even I didn't like it for much of the pilot. It felt like watching a rehash of the same old formula - getting marooned on a desolate island, fight with monstrous animals and finally the heroes will triumph over all odds and get rescued. :p

Really? I knew something was different, that's what made me love it. I mean, I liked then after Smokey started bringing down trees, you knew something was up. You better like the pilot now, because I'm 90% it will have something to do with this season again.

Really? I knew something was different, that's what made me love it. I mean, I liked then after Smokey started bringing down trees, you knew something was up. You better like the pilot now, because I'm 90% it will have something to do with this season again.

Once I realized that this was not just Cast Away with a bigger cast, there was no looking back. But it wasn't the sound of the monster ripping the trees or the pilot that gave that realization. Sure it did poke at my curiosity but nothing more. Rather it was the flashbacks, which hinted that the story didn't start with getting stuck on the island, and probably won't end with a rescue either. And the shot of Lock embracing the rain at the end of the first episode was intriguing.

On reminiscing the pilot scenes, I just realized that the Season 5 scene where Ben falls through the floor in the Temple(?) had a parallel in the Pilot itself. After Ben falls, fake-Locke goes away to seemingly to help him leaving Ben alone. Smokey and Alex then apparates and terrorizes Ben and when they leave fake-Locke returns as if nothing out of the ordinary happened.. When Jack, Kate and Charlie were escaping from the cockpit after the monster "ate" the pilot, Charlie falls, and Jack goes to help him leaving Kate alone. Smokey then terrorizes her till she tries out Jack's let-fear-in-but-only-for-five-seconds trick. Soon after, Jack returns as if nothing was wrong.

Probably there is nothing to this, but the coincidence(?) struck me!

I don't know how people never liked the first episode :s

...because it wasn't that great and as soumyasch it was the same usual marooned on island stuff but as I said later on in Season 1 beginning of Season 2 I knew it was good so I went back.

I was enthralled by the first episode for some reason. That being said, all the intricate back-stories and connections between episodes really did me in and there was no going back.

At that point Lost had become cooler than I had ever imagined. :p