[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

The sixth season of the TV phenomenon Lost doesn't even premiere until next Tuesday, and it already has a Blu-ray release date. TV Shows on DVD (citing information posted on Ingram Entertainment's VideoETA website) is reporting that, on August 24, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will release both Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season and the mammoth Lost: The Complete Collection, with exclusive bonus content.

Special features for Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season include:

* Original scripted content that goes deeper into some of the stories, exclusive to Blu-ray and DVD produced by Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse

* Bloopers and deleted Scenes

* Lost on Location - Go behind-the-scenes and get the stories from the set, on location in Hawaii from the actors and crew who make it happen.

* Crafting a Final Season - Investigation into the goals and expectations of the season through interviews with writers, producers, cast, and crew

* Audio commentaries

* Lost University (BD-exclusive, powered by BD-Live)

Lost: The Complete Collection will include an additional bonus disc with at least two hours of extra exclusive content.

Source

Q: Regarding the footage that was leaked today, were you shocked it got out there, or was it that this was the right time for people to see those first few minutes?

Lindelof: [Chuckles] I mean, they were on a flash drive in a bottle that ABC sent out, so it's one thing to call it a leak and it's another thing to reach over and turn on the faucet. They've been great. When Carlton and I basically said, "We don't want any material from the final season to get out in advance of the premiere," they were enormously willing to play ball. But when we said we wanted to do sunset on the beach in Hawaii, and that we'd be showing the first hour of the show on Saturday, it didn't seem fair to the people who weren't actually going to be here to give them nothing. So this is the compromise we came up with.

Cuse: We didn't want, basically, stuff to become stale. So we felt like three or four days ahead of the premiere, for there to be some hint as to what's going to happen in Season 6 is exciting for the audience, as opposed to if they'd been pounded for four months with images of Season 6. It wouldn't be so fun.

Here is a little snippet from the Premiere from my contact AP

Miles and Kate find a hidden hatch. The hatch they knew is destroyed.....

Source: AP@DarkUFO

'Lost: The Complete Collection'

Consider that preordered.

same here, I own none of the Lost box sets on dvd/blu-ray and I was waiting for this, just like I was for the BSG complete set.

Right then, for the first time in a while, I will actually be avoiding spoilers now! Don't want to know every detail in the first hour, want to be surprised for a change!

People who want to know...

Episode 6x01 LA X - Early Recap and Transcript

Watch Episode 6.01 (Apparently bad sound here and there and video quality is poor, but still watchable)

Episode 6.01 LA X - New Verizon Sneak Peek

:)

Yeah, I really want that but it'll be like a million billion pounds.... :(

I'm setting aside $300 for it. I purposely haven't bought the blu-rays of the seasons just because I knew it was coming.

I did buy the Dharma Kit, but that was too awesome to pass up.

2 and 1/2 days away. Finally.

lol, clearly it says "season 6 opening scene" so it's your fault you watched.

you can't except to post a huge spoiler like that in LOST thread and not get a few clicks on it

its like giving out free cocaine to a crack addict... ffs

plus the opening scene was leaked by ABC themselves as part of the ABC contest but yeah its a spoiler if you don't want to know the first 4 minutes (2 of which are last season)

43.7 hours left. So excited. SO happy I haven't read a single spoiler :D

43.7 hours? Isn't it airing on the 3rd of something? It's the first.

No, its the 2nd.

Really? Is that everywhere......AWESOME, how did I mix that up. CAN'T WAIT! Though I don't really watch anything live, so for me it's probably the 3rd anyways.

43.7 hours? Isn't it airing on the 3rd of something? It's the first.

They moved it, for the US at least, to Tuesdays, so the premiere is on Feb 2 starting at 8PM (with the recap episode).