[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

So is now the parallel universe a FACT? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse#Television

The 2010 season of the television show Lost features a parallel universe. A hydrogen bomb explodes on the island changing the history of the main characters. In this scenario, the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 never crash on the island. However, the first scenario continues to play out as well, thus creating a parallel universe.

I just want to see a certain character again, and I will be happy.

Nikki I bet :p

kiele_l.jpg

J/K

I wouldn't take much of Wikipedia as fact these days but everything we've seen so far points to alternate timeline. Of course this being Lost there's probly some twist on the AR thing like the Schroedingers cat theory that was mentioned earlier.

I wouldn't take much of Wikipedia as fact these days but everything we've seen so far points to alternate timeline. Of course this being Lost there's probly some twist on the AR thing like the Schroedingers cat theory that was mentioned earlier.

Actually, in an interview with Darlton, they stated that it is not an alternate timeline. They claimed by saying the word alternate, that one of the timelines may not be real, while the other is.

---

Is there a relationship between Island reality and sideways reality? Will they run parallel for the remainder of the season? Will they fuse together? Might one fade away?

LINDELOF: For us, the big risk that we’re taking in the final season of the show is basically this very question. [Lindelof then explains the show has replaced the trademark “whoosh!” sound effect marking the segue between Island present story and flashbacks or flash-forwards, thus calling conspicuous attention to the relationship between the Island world and the Sideways world.] This is the critical mystery of the season, which is, “What is the relationship between these two shows?” And we don’t use the phrase “alternate reality,” because to call one of them an “alternate reality” is to infer that one of them isn’t real, or one of them is real and the other is the alternate to being real.

CUSE: But the questions you’re asking are exactly the right questions. What are we to make of the fact that they’re showing us two different timelines? Are they going to resolve? Are they going to connect? Are they going to co-exist in parallel fashion? Are they going to cross? Do they intersect? Does one prove to be viable and the other one not? I think those are all the kind of speculations that are the right speculations to be having at this point in the season.

LINDELOF: But it is going to require patience. We’ve taught the audience how to be patient thus far, so while they’re getting a lot of mythological answers on the island early in the season, this idea of what is the relationship between the two [worlds] is a little bit more of a slow burn.

---

I just wanted to point that out because I caught myself doing it to and a friend pointed out that the word could be interpreted to mean that one timeline is not real and one is. As pointed out, both timelines are in fact real.

Maybe this has been discussed and I missed it, but I wanted to through it out there.

Nemesis clearly morphed into the appearance of Locke, instead of inhabiting his body. The logical thought is that Jacob has taken over his body, but that begs the question, why did he ask, "What happened?" in that tone of voice. I think it is Juliet that is inside Sayid :p

I know that sounds crazy, but that's my thought. It isn't a fully fleshed out theory, but a thought that came to mind.

Maybe this has been discussed and I missed it, but I wanted to through it out there.

Nemesis clearly morphed into the appearance of Locke, instead of inhabiting his body. The logical thought is that Jacob has taken over his body, but that begs the question, why did he ask, "What happened?" in that tone of voice. I think it is Juliet that is inside Sayid :p

I know that sounds crazy, but that's my thought. It isn't a fully fleshed out theory, but a thought that came to mind.

Remember, when they brought Ben to the temple Richard said he wouldn't remember what happened.

Thats why Sayid didn't.

Remember, when they brought Ben to the temple Richard said he wouldn't remember what happened.

Thats why Sayid didn't.

That's true, but in that case Ben was still Ben. I'm assuming then that you believe that Sayid is Sayid and isn't being inhabited by Jacob or some other spirit?

That's true, but in that case Ben was still Ben. I'm assuming then that you believe that Sayid is Sayid and isn't being inhabited by Jacob or some other spirit?

Not a chance.

Why would Jacob say 'what happened?'

He knew exactly what happened. His plan included the temple, and he knew Sayid was going to be dying, because he planned the guitar case.

Now, you could say he planned all of that to get a body he could use, but the problem with that is if that were the case, he wouldn't say 'what happened?'

has anyone hear rumor or confirmation of any sort of episode after the finale to explain the series, like a sit down with cast and writers to explain and show the various things we may have missed or to explain the series. Because I'd be more excited about being able to piece this thing together correctly then i would for the finale..lol I really hope something like this happens.

has anyone hear rumor or confirmation of any sort of episode after the finale to explain the series, like a sit down with cast and writers to explain and show the various things we may have missed or to explain the series. Because I'd be more excited about being able to piece this thing together correctly then i would for the finale..lol I really hope something like this happens.

You'll probably see that on the DVD/Bluray release.

You'll probably see that on the DVD/Bluray release.

I really hope so, it would be worth the purchase. Once the series is over, i would really love to read a written bio or video interview detailing the whole series cause there are so many things that I find confusing and want to get answers..lol

The gf and I watched it last night, was nice to have Lost back, looking forward to things being resolved.

Though it would have been easier to follow this topic if it started when the season did. :p

The gf and I watched it last night, was nice to have Lost back, looking forward to things being resolved.

Though it would have been easier to follow this topic if it started when the season did. :p

flocke doesn't agree! :p

1302707002.gif

Actually, in an interview with Darlton, they stated that it is not an alternate timeline. They claimed by saying the word alternate, that one of the timelines may not be real, while the other is.

---

Is there a relationship between Island reality and sideways reality? Will they run parallel for the remainder of the season? Will they fuse together? Might one fade away?

LINDELOF: For us, the big risk that we?re taking in the final season of the show is basically this very question. [Lindelof then explains the show has replaced the trademark ?whoosh!? sound effect marking the segue between Island present story and flashbacks or flash-forwards, thus calling conspicuous attention to the relationship between the Island world and the Sideways world.] This is the critical mystery of the season, which is, ?What is the relationship between these two shows?? And we don?t use the phrase ?alternate reality,? because to call one of them an ?alternate reality? is to infer that one of them isn?t real, or one of them is real and the other is the alternate to being real.

CUSE: But the questions you?re asking are exactly the right questions. What are we to make of the fact that they?re showing us two different timelines? Are they going to resolve? Are they going to connect? Are they going to co-exist in parallel fashion? Are they going to cross? Do they intersect? Does one prove to be viable and the other one not? I think those are all the kind of speculations that are the right speculations to be having at this point in the season.

LINDELOF: But it is going to require patience. We?ve taught the audience how to be patient thus far, so while they?re getting a lot of mythological answers on the island early in the season, this idea of what is the relationship between the two [worlds] is a little bit more of a slow burn.

---

I just wanted to point that out because I caught myself doing it to and a friend pointed out that the word could be interpreted to mean that one timeline is not real and one is. As pointed out, both timelines are in fact real.

its possible that the 'ALT' is what happened in 2004 (s1) if they did not crash. Those currently on the island are in 2007. So although they didnt initially crash in 2004, somehow destiny will have them back on the island one way or another by 2007.

Nestor Carbonell Interview

Even though I?m trying to remain unspoiled, I?ve heard that you may have already taped a Richard flashback episode. Hypothetically, if that did happen, did it hypothetically turn out like you thought it would?

I think we can safely say that I did shoot one. I obviously can?t go into detail as to the nature of the episode, but the writers delivered a script that I was really blown away by. I?ve been wondering for three and a half years who my guy is, and I?ve been writing my own history to justify what I did; when I finally got it, I realized how off the mark I was, but I was really blown away. It?ll come in at the midpart of the season, and it?ll answer not just questions about the origin of my character but really also the mythology and the real nature of the island. It?s a big reveal, and it wildly exceeded my expectations.

Is it the sort of thing where the writers will let you know that your episode is coming up, or does it just arrive on your doorstep and you?re like, ?Oh ****! This is my episode!?

They gave me a bit of a heads-up, and I can?t say why, but there needed to be one. I knew it was my episode about two episodes in advance, and [co-executive producer] Carlton Cuse also called me and said how excited he was about the episode and how much it would reveal. When he called me, I said, ?Oh my God, I can?t wait to read it now,? and then when I read it, it blew my mind. Part of me always wondered, ?Do I really want to know everything about this guy? Do I want it to remain a little bit of a mystery and not get a full backstory?? But when I read how they handled it, it was really quite amazing. They revealed quite a bit, but there?s still some questions I don?t fully know, and I?d imagine we?ll get some of those answers. The bigger questions about him, though, they do tackle.

Read more: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/#ixzz0eZFW4WzL

Nestor Carbonell Interview

Even though I?m trying to remain unspoiled, I?ve heard that you may have already taped a Richard flashback episode. Hypothetically, if that did happen, did it hypothetically turn out like you thought it would?

I think we can safely say that I did shoot one. I obviously can?t go into detail as to the nature of the episode, but the writers delivered a script that I was really blown away by. I?ve been wondering for three and a half years who my guy is, and I?ve been writing my own history to justify what I did; when I finally got it, I realized how off the mark I was, but I was really blown away. It?ll come in at the midpart of the season, and it?ll answer not just questions about the origin of my character but really also the mythology and the real nature of the island. It?s a big reveal, and it wildly exceeded my expectations.

Is it the sort of thing where the writers will let you know that your episode is coming up, or does it just arrive on your doorstep and you?re like, ?Oh ****! This is my episode!?

They gave me a bit of a heads-up, and I can?t say why, but there needed to be one. I knew it was my episode about two episodes in advance, and [co-executive producer] Carlton Cuse also called me and said how excited he was about the episode and how much it would reveal. When he called me, I said, ?Oh my God, I can?t wait to read it now,? and then when I read it, it blew my mind. Part of me always wondered, ?Do I really want to know everything about this guy? Do I want it to remain a little bit of a mystery and not get a full backstory?? But when I read how they handled it, it was really quite amazing. They revealed quite a bit, but there?s still some questions I don?t fully know, and I?d imagine we?ll get some of those answers. The bigger questions about him, though, they do tackle.

Read more: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/#ixzz0eZFW4WzL

/mind blown

its possible that the 'ALT' is what happened in 2004 (s1) if they did not crash. Those currently on the island are in 2007. So although they didnt initially crash in 2004, somehow destiny will have them back on the island one way or another by 2007.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

LOL @ the gifs :rofl: