[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Thought the episode was OK mainly because of the Sayid/Temple stuff. I just wish they answered the questions without needing to draw them out! :p

But seeing as it was a Kate-centric episode i wasn't expecting much to happen. Also reminded me of how annoying Claire was with the 'My baby! My baby! A dingo ate my baby!'

If people are crying over it already it seems like Lost may become a victim of it's own success. All the hype and expectation has been building for so long it's like people are expecting Jesus to make his return at the finale or something.

The first episode (or two episodes) actually delivered. This crappy Kate episode didn't.

The title for Episode 6.13 is "The Last Recruit"

Source: DarkUFO

I think the front page needs updating Rappy ;)

Episode was ok, didn't learn anything new. Richard said before about how bringing Ben back to life made him lose his innocence and sayid was acting were vulnerable for someone who is a torturer, like he was feigning it.

The only big thing was that at some point Claire may have died and revived then?

The episode was much better this time when I fast forwarded through the commercials. I think I really need to just wait an hour before I watch it each week, even if that means missing preliminary discussions. Waiting 3-4 minutes between segments just kills the pacing...especially on an episode like this.

Episode was ok, didn't learn anything new. Richard said before about how bringing Ben back to life made him lose his innocence and sayid was acting were vulnerable for someone who is a torturer, like he was feigning it.

The only big thing was that at some point Claire may have died and revived then?

Not to mention that ben forgot about everything that happened before being brought back to life. He didnt remember the losties right?

Not to mention that ben forgot about everything that happened before being brought back to life. He didnt remember the losties right?

I have a feeling both Claire and Sayid experienced the same fate, which was dying and suddenly coming back to life. I'm thinking Ben never died and was successfully healed, but at the cost of his innocence.

Do you ever actually watch the shows, or do you just sit there taking screenshots of ladies?

Don't pay any attention to him. He is in his own, little world when it comes to movies and TV shows.

I have a feeling both Claire and Sayid experienced the same fate, which was dying and suddenly coming back to life. I'm thinking Ben never died and was successfully healed, but at the cost of his innocence.

I'm thinking this was the case as well. The water was supposed to be clear when they brought Sayid, and there's no reason to think it wasn't when Ben was brought there. Ben never died and was healed in the temple, but as you noted, at a cost.

I'm thinking this was the case as well. The water was supposed to be clear when they brought Sayid, and there's no reason to think it wasn't when Ben was brought there. Ben never died and was healed in the temple, but as you noted, at a cost.

So Claire should remember who Jin is then, even though she'd probably still kick his ass because she has been "claimed". Maybe when Claire meets Kate again, and she reminds her of Aaron it will bring Claire out of whatever "state" she is currently in, which might explain why it was important for Claire to keep the baby/raise him - in order to get that motherly attachment/love which is needed to get out of being cliamed?

Following this theory, it may prove to the temple 'others' that someone claimed can in fact be brought back to normal (rather than trying to poison/kill them..), seeing as Jacob seemed to want Sayid alive as he's probably going to be important in Jacobs plans. My theory falls a bit flat when the thing Sayid would need to become "unclaimed" again is that Muslim woman, who is dead in that timeline...

can someone explain wth happened in the season 6 opener? Is there now two timelines? Why did we see them on the plane and on the island??

Yes, there are two timelines now, one showing what would happen if the plane never crashed (ie. the bomb worked in destroying the anomaly), the other showing what would happen if it did absolutely nothing.

I keep thinking that the Others at the Temple came from the Black Rock with Richard - I guess we'll learn all about that in an upcoming episode.

But yes, agreed this week's was pretty dire which was suprising considering there is only 13 episodes left to wrap up the story in the tv context at least.

One thing I'm wondering is when the island got submerged in the alternate timeline. They showed the Dharma village so it means they were there at some point in time. We also see Ethan off the island so either Horace was never on the island in the first place or the island went under sometime after the incident.

One thing I'm wondering is when the island got submerged in the alternate timeline. They showed the Dharma village so it means they were there at some point in time. We also see Ethan off the island so either Horace was never on the island in the first place or the island went under sometime after the incident.

Of course Dharma was there at one point.....Dharma is the reason the pocket of energy was uncovered, and in that time-line, destroyed by the bomb.

Remember, the bomb was set off AFTER Dharma was already on the island and what not, so if the bomb sent the island underwater, anything Dharma built on it would also be underwater in the LAX timeline.

Dharma was always on the island. The island is underwater as a result of the bomb. The difference is that those that caused the explosion were moved into their proper timeline, the one where the island is still afloat in the next millennium where they are currently located.

I was thinking about it some more, and them going back in time isn't what always happened, because that would create a paradox, hence them being the variables, as Daniel said. These are two independent timelines that we're seeing, one was created as a result, not because of the bomb I say, but because of the survivors going back in time. Dharma was at the island in both instances, but in the latter, there is no place for them to go back to because it's on the bottom of the ocean.

Stands to reason that the nuke was what caused the submersion.

Messing with an electromagnetic source sinking an island? Where have I heard this before ... hmm I believe the person was 'sleeping'.

I was thinking about it some more, and them going back in time isn't what always happened, because that would create a paradox, hence them being the variables, as Daniel said. These are two independent timelines that we're seeing, one was created as a result, not because of the bomb I say, but because of the survivors going back in time. Dharma was at the island in both instances, but in the latter, there is no place for them to go back to because it's on the bottom of the ocean.

I agree with this, but this also goes hand in hand with my theory about how Juliet said it worked. I believe once they die in the "current" time line, they will then be in the "alternative" time line. I believe the alternative time line is actually somewhat of a future time line. This would explain the 3 deja vu moments the characters have experienced so far. Even though it goes back in time to the original events leading up to the island, it is still in the future because their current time line hasn't ended.

I hope this makes sense to someone other than myself. :/

Do you ever actually watch the shows, or do you just sit there taking screenshots of ladies?

:rolleyes:

Do you ever actually read anything I post, or do you just sit there taking only what you want to read and form an INCOMPLETE opinion on that?

To answer your redundantly-asked question that I must have answered hundreds of times already, in the form of a question and if you are serious do YOUR homework and find the FACTS and not just MISformed opinion based on only what you want to think about me.

How many shows with ladies do I actually watch?

Again, facts NOT opinion based on nothing proofworthy!