[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Which brings me back to something I posted previously. Things just don't add up surrounding this whole bomb and island sinking thing.

I've had doubts about whether there was an actual explosion from the bomb. Assuming the whole bomb/incident thing occurred in the main timeline Miles' father was at the site too and there's no way he could have escaped in time.

If the bomb really did go off it could have been contained by the anomaly at the Swan site. The anomaly was already unstable while they were drilling at the surface and Faraday said something about the bomb neutralizing the anomaly so I'm thinking that's exactly what happened. It did go off and stabilized the anomaly enough that they can complete the Swan complex without peoples fillings exploding out their heads. The anomaly also contains the explosion so they go ahead and build the thing around the anomaly. I think in one of Faradays flashbacks he's underground at the swan site when they are still constructing it. Plus when Sawyer/Juliet/Miles/Charlotte are getting pulled through time they are brought to the Swan construction site some time after it's been completed and when the Dharma folk seem to have abandoned it. It sure didn't look like a nuke was set off there.

Then if you go with the bomb in the sideways timeline you get people like Ethan and Ben who were on the island at the time which doesn't make sense that they survived a nuclear holocaust and made it off a sinking island alive then went about their merry lives.

Ben would've been on the island, but not Ethan. He was a baby and would've been evacuated with everyone else. The Swan was a pretty big station, but the area you're mentioning with Faraday wasn't the Swan, it was the Orchid. Something caused the island to be underwater in the other timeline, and right now we can assume that it was as a result of the bomb. The bomb may negate the energy, but I don't see how they could cancel each other out without some kind of volatile side effect or dissipation from either source or both.

This next paragraph contains a lot of crap that's probably not worth reading but oh well. :p

Something else that's been bothering me. Ben turns the donkey wheel, the island disappears. What happened to it? Back then I thought it was related to the island being impossible to find cause it's shifting locations or the island itself moved through time but the latter doesn't make sense because then there would be like 2 islands in the same time paradox or something. Plus when they are flashing through time it's pretty clear that only the Losties are moving through time. Could this instead be related to the island being submerged in some kind of mind frakking time travel story weaving mastery? I mean during all the Oceanic 6 drama we saw the remaining Losties on the island move through time right? There is a gap between the Oceanic 6 (Jan 2006?) and 2007 where the island has mysteriously disappeared and when the Losties get dumped back in 2007. After Ben turns the wheel the people flashing through time went all over the place in the past eventually they are stuck in the 70's. Yadda yadda happens in the 70's and boom we are in 2007 now. What happened to to the island between it's disappearance and 2007? Is this the event that created the flash sideways timeline and the sunken island? I guess I can shoot down my own theory by mentioning Ben and Ethan who seem to have been living alt lives the whole time too which wouldn't work if the island sunk in 2005. It still doesn't explain the disappearing act though.

The island was moved in space, while those on it moved through time. The Lamp Post station that was used the find the island showed that it wasn't always in the same place. The island may have naturally moved, while turning the wheel caused a more sudden movement, to the point of teleporting immediately instead of gradually. That's just a theory, but it would fit.

I read somewhere that perhaps that 'little Jacob' is a higher power and maybe a God that is in control of MIB and Jacob.

Really does depend on who little Jacob meant by saying you can't kill him. To be perfectly honest I didn't realise he could be referring to Jacob until I went on DarkUFO.

Great episode, time simply flew by, I barely realised that the episode was about to end and wanted moar! :drool:

interesting episode, my theory is the two timelines will be merged at somepoint.

ot, rappy why do you keep changing your avatar / sig so often? do you have forum ocd? j/k.

interesting episode, my theory is the two timelines will be merged at somepoint.

ot, rappy why do you keep changing your avatar / sig so often? do you have forum ocd? j/k.

I get bored easily :p

bits about next week! (might be spoilery!)

8uHPa.jpg

Oceanic

Alive

8 ? Reyes

15 ? Ford

16 ? Jarrah

23 ? Shepard

42 ? Kwon (Jin or Sun? Both?)

313 ? Littleton (Claire? Aaron?)

Dead

195 ? Pace

4 ? Locke

Others

10 ? Mattingley

317 ? Cunningham

117 ? Linus (Roger? Emily? Ben?)

55 ? ? Burke

Dharma

??? ? Goodspeed (Horace? Olivia? Ethan?)

134 ? ? Chang

French Team

? ? Lacombe

Freighter

Lewis

Faraday

171 ? ? Straume

US Army

233 ? Jones

Undetermined

222 ? O?Toole

291 ? Domingo

346 ? Grant

Partial

33 ? XW?

20 ? Rouf?

62 ? ??

90 ? Tr(oup?)

?? ? ?ersen

285 ? Jen?

49 ? ?chan

30 ? ?la

195 ? ??

?? ? Reyno(lds?)

27? ? ??

1? ? Sullivan

?? ? ?zki

I don't think he was Jacob. The kid said "you know you can't kill him," rather than "you know you can't kill me." I did like how MIB said the catchphrase of John Locke.

It was also interesting to see how Locke lost his faith in the alternative time line.

Come on. The 'him' was referring to Sawyer. As in, he can't kill Sawyer, because Jacob (aka little blonde boy) touched him.

Come on. The 'him' was referring to Sawyer. As in, he can't kill Sawyer, because Jacob (aka little blonde boy) touched him.

I could've sworn he was referring to the rules in which they had to o bide. Nothing to do with Sawyer or the others. He even looks like a young version of Jacob. It was odd it referred to himself in the 3rd person but still...

The unLocke hasn't even showed any interest in killing any of the survivors. Simply recruiting for whatever reason. What is odd is that Sawyer could see him too.

I could've sworn he was referring to the rules in which they had to o bide. Nothing to do with Sawyer or the others. He even looks like a young version of Jacob. It was odd it referred to himself in the 3rd person but still...

The unLocke hasn't even showed any interest in killing any of the survivors. Simply recruiting for whatever reason. What is odd is that Sawyer could see him too.

All he said was 'you know you can't kill him'. Obviously, he couldn't have meant Jacob, because Jacob is already dead, and admitted so.

The boy isn't alive, because Richard couldn't see him. Sawyer could see him because Jacob touched Sawyer.

There are two people alive with Smokey in the episode. Sawyer and Richard. He didn't kill Richard even when he refused to go with Smokey, so obviously boy-Jacob is referring to Sawyer.

When Kate was a little girl, she stole a lunch box and Jacob pays for it.

One of the questions on Lostpedia is, "Why isn't Kate a candidate, if Jacob touched her in The Incident? Why wasn't she on Jacob's wall?"

So that's a great question.

Wasn't Kate the one he never actually touched?

Queston. Why is Ben a teacher? We are assuming that Dharma were still on the island up till the incident in 1970's. Which means before the incident Ben was shot and taken to the temple... Which means he was never taken off of the island as a child in the sub... Which means the nuke went off and killed everyone on said island... Which means no ben...

Queston. Why is Ben a teacher? We are assuming that Dharma were still on the island up till the incident in 1970's. Which means before the incident Ben was shot and taken to the temple... Which means he was never taken off of the island as a child in the sub... Which means the nuke went off and killed everyone on said island... Which means no ben...

Remember that there are going to be differences between the two timelines. It is possible that Ben's mother never died in this timeline, just like Locke's father is welcomed to his wedding.

Im just assuming the timeline split at 1977 when 'The incident' happened.

One would think so, but then why was Ethan a doctor taking care of Claire?

Until we get more info on why the island is at the bottom of the ocean, we may not know why Ben & Ethan is part of civilization. And who knows how many others are out there.

One would think so, but then why was Ethan a doctor taking care of Claire?

Because he was evacuated with everyone else before the incident occurred.

What is odd is that Sawyer could see him too.

I think thats what the numbers may mean. The lower the number, the better the leader, Locke was totally one with the island, while Hurley has the ability to speak to dead people, and if that really is dead Jacob, then perhaps Sawyer now has the ability as well? Maybe that means Hugo is going to die. :s

Because he was evacuated with everyone else before the incident occurred.

But that doesn't explain why Ben wasn't on the island. The changes in that timeline go further back than the incident. But at the same time, the Dharma village is there... so Dharma went to the island... hmmm. *head hurts*

But that doesn't explain why Ben wasn't on the island. The changes in that timeline go further back than the incident. But at the same time, the Dharma village is there... so Dharma went to the island... hmmm. *head hurts*

I know, I pointed this out already in a previous post.

Now that I think about it, Richard said he remembered them, and then there was the picture Christian pulled off the wall, all in the first timeline, so they always went back in time. This would defeat my argument that a second timeline was created when they went back in time. So then when was it created? The logical conclusion is when the bomb went off or that it always existed, but I don't believe the later. With that said, anything that happened before the split was the same, anything after is different. I could be wrong, and that time was reset with different, yet similar outcomes.