[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Psalm 23, also known as the Shepherd Psalm, is possibly the most quoted and best known Psalm

In the 23rd Psalm (Greek numbering: Psalm 22) in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, the writer (David) describes God as his Shepherd. As the Shepherd, He will protect, provide, and guide us. If we are in danger of a strong enemy, He will protect us; if we are in danger of famine, He will provide us with enough food; He leads us and guides us where we will be safe, where there is abundant life. The text, beloved by Jews and Christians alike, has often been set to music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortunate_number

23 is the only prime of 'the numbers'.

and was the teenage boy perhaps Aaron Littleton? If not, he looked like a young version of the Jacob we know.

I think it's Aaron, and that he he will have a major role in the events that are about to unfold. I think Aaron and Jacob are closely linked, may even end up being the same 'spirit' or something.

Have we all forgotten about the statue (Taweret - the Egyptian Goddess of protection, birth and fertility.), babies having trouble being born on the Island (I assume since the statue was destroyed, but Aaron was born on the Island and Claire was specifically sent there for that to happen), and the re-introduction of Claire last week and Kate wanting to find Claire so she can get her and Aaron back together?

In terms of the list, numbers and Jacob vs MIB - I think its more a game of chess (alluded to in s01ep2 when Locke plays Walt at backgammon - "Two players. Two sides. One is light, one is dark."). All the humans brought to the island are pawns, and Jacob and MIB have been manipulating them (with their various rules, smokey stuck on the island it seems but can take any form, Jacob can leave the island and heal?), and by manipulating them they have got the other persons pawns killed - this will go on until there is just one name left and whoever has 'control' over that person essentially wins - which is why Flocke is recruiting and Jacobs followers are getting the candidates into the temple to protect them from Flocke - except there's an inside my in the form of Sayid?

Finally, the two stones on the scales which represent the balance of good vs bad, are they they same two stones Jack finds with Adam and Eve in S2(?) ? Either way brilliant episode!

Oh yeah, definitely. That is the first thing I picked up in that exchange too.

Well I meant to the fact that unLocke sounds like Jack and Locke

Again, Richard told Sawyer he wasn't trying to kill him, but recruit him. I rarely disagree with your points on here, but I think you're wrong on this one.

And he didn't kill Richard because he saw the kid in the first place. He had every intention of doing it up until that point.

I think Richard and Jacob are operating on different information.

Richard may think one thing, but Jacob clearly thinks another.

'You can't kill him'. Who else could it possibly be? Richard was already gone. Jacob is dead. No one else is around. It has to be Sawyer that boy-Jacob was referring to.

I think it's Aaron, and that he he will have a major role in the events that are about to unfold. I think Aaron and Jacob are closely linked, may even end up being the same 'spirit' or something.

Have we all forgotten about the statue (Taweret - the Egyptian Goddess of protection, birth and fertility.), babies having trouble being born on the Island (I assume since the statue was destroyed, but Aaron was born on the Island and Claire was specifically sent there for that to happen), and the re-introduction of Claire last week and Kate wanting to find Claire so she can get her and Aaron back together?

The difference with Claire is that she was pregnant before getting onto the island and was approaching the end of her third trimester. Sun was impregnated on the island, but was able to have Ji Yeon off island, which is also different.

The difference with Claire is that she was pregnant before getting onto the island and was approaching the end of her third trimester. Sun was impregnated on the island, but was able to have Ji Yeon off island, which is also different.

Ah yeh, thanks for reminding me. There has only been Alex and Aaron born on the Island since 1977 though?

Lostpedia:

"It is important to note that evidence suggests a lack of pregnancy complications up to and during 1977. We see Ethan Rom born on the island in July of 1977 without complications, an event that is seemingly ordinary to life on the island."

"However, at some point after Ethan's birth, pregnancy issues plague the inhabitants of the Island, eventually leading to the recruitment of fertility expert Juliet Burke and her subsequent research on pregnant women on the island."

Also, in the bible Aaron is a descendant of Jacob - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron

I've just had a feeling all the way through the show that Aaron will be important, and I'm putting it out there now and will happily have egg on my face should I be wrong!

Was that Walt locke spoke to in school?

Then there was unLocke yelling don't tell me what I can't do. Anyone think there's a significance to this?

This exchange happened right around the same time they buried the real Locke. Right after they buried him, that's when sawyer asked about the kid and Locke said "What Kid?" and it seemed honest since he has been up front about everything at the time.

'You can't kill him'. Who else could it possibly be? Richard was already gone. Jacob is dead. No one else is around. It has to be Sawyer that boy-Jacob was referring to.

We saw Jacob die, yes, but if he isn't human (which so far it's showing that he isn't) why would the rules of death apply? As I said before, I think this "loophole" may not be a loophole after all. All this time, the MIB thought he found a loophole.

What if it wasn't a loophole? We have seen the MIB push characters into doing actions. Was it truly free will as he claimed it was, or was he pushing them into action? If he pushed them, then he directly attempted to kill Jacob, which would go against the rules we are lead to believe controls their own fate: Neither can die from immediate actions by the opposite party.

This would mean Jacob is back again and judging by MIB's reaction to seeing that kid, it leads me to believe that this is true. The sheer fact that MIB yelled at the kid with conviction "don't tell me what I can't do!" shows that there is frustration, denial and resentment to this character.

Maggie Grace, who played Shannon on Lost, will return to the ABC drama later this season, executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse confirmed to EW.com. ?We?re really excited about having her back on the show,? says Cuse, ?and we have a good story for her.? The producers would not specify how many episodes she would appear in. An original cast member, Grace exited the show in season 2 when her character ? the spoiled stepsister of Boone ? was killed off, though she did resurface in a season 3 episode. Harold Perrineau, Cynthia Watros, and Rebecca Mader are among the other dearly departed who will guest-star in Lost?s sixth and final season.

Source: EW

We saw Jacob die, yes, but if he isn't human (which so far it's showing that he isn't) why would the rules of death apply? As I said before, I think this "loophole" may not be a loophole after all. All this time, the MIB thought he found a loophole.

What if it wasn't a loophole? We have seen the MIB push characters into doing actions. Was it truly free will as he claimed it was, or was he pushing them into action? If he pushed them, then he directly attempted to kill Jacob, which would go against the rules we are lead to believe controls their own fate: Neither can die from immediate actions by the opposite party.

This would mean Jacob is back again and judging by MIB's reaction to seeing that kid, it leads me to believe that this is true. The sheer fact that MIB yelled at the kid with conviction "don't tell me what I can't do!" shows that there is frustration, denial and resentment to this character.

Yes, I agree that Jacob is back-ish. But Jacob is the boy. He's also not all the way 'back', because Richard couldn't see him. 'You can't kill him' does not make any sense when it comes to Jacob. It just doesn't. Obviously, Jacob can and has been killed. Whether or not he is back has no bearing on the fact that he was killed. He can't kill Sawyer because Jacob touched him. Thats the point of the conversation. He has to allow Sawyer to make bad decisions that lead to him dying somehow, just as he lead Ben and Locke to the situation in which Ben killed both Locke and Jacob.

So the early vision of Jacob was Locke in a hairpiece? haha.

Yeah, they hadn't found someone to play EvilLocke / Jacob (I'm guessing it was Evil Locke) at that point. :)

I'm like 10 pages behind in this topic, but I'm too lazy to read them all and just stick to saying...It was a good episode! :)

Episode 6.05 - Lighthouse - Press Release

HURLEY MUST CONVINCE JACK TO GO WITH HIM ON AN UNSPECIFIED MISSION, ON ABC'S "LOST"

"Lighthouse" - Hurley must convince Jack to accompany him on an unspecified mission, and Jin stumbles across an old friend, on "Lost," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

Guest starring are Veronica Hamel as Margo Shephard, Mark Pellegrino as Jacob, Hiroyuki Sanada as Dogen, Dayo Ade as Justin, Dylan Minnette as David and Sean Kinerney as Japanese boy.

"Lighthouse" was written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse and directed by Jack Bender.

Source: ABC

Read more: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/#ixzz0fsWmCr3z

Yeah, they hadn't found someone to play EvilLocke / Jacob (I'm guessing it was Evil Locke) at that point. :)

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread that it was Flocke in the cabin in that picture. Did i miss something? How do we know it was him and not actually Jacob? Wasn't Smokie flying around the island at that time?

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread that it was Flocke in the cabin in that picture. Did i miss something? How do we know it was him and not actually Jacob? Wasn't Smokie flying around the island at that time?

well I thought it was meant to be Jacob because the house was surrounded with that powder which keeps Smokey out.

Lost is on EW!

MR6vX.jpg

He can't kill Sawyer because Jacob touched him. Thats the point of the conversation. He has to allow Sawyer to make bad decisions that lead to him dying somehow, just as he lead Ben and Locke to the situation in which Ben killed both Locke and Jacob.

He could have let Sawyer fall to his death at the cliff.

He could have let Sawyer fall to his death at the cliff.

He hadn't agreed to help him leave the island yet.

well I thought it was meant to be Jacob because the house was surrounded with that powder which keeps Smokey out.

Correct, it was meant to be a glimpse of Jacob. We don't know when the ash circle was broken, but originally when that episode aired Cuse and Lindelof said it was Jacob.

When the kid says "you can't kill him" it could easily have been Jacob speaking about the boy in a sense that they (Jacob and MIB) view their human hosts as separate from themselves. I think that the boy is Aaron and that he is currently possessed by Jacob. I also have a nagging feeling that Jacob is not as benevolent as the story is making him out to be, only that he is better at conning the humans.

Shannon is coming back!

zAQTQ.png

Sadly, we continue to watch the ratings.

I don't give a damn about it, myself.

Don't people realize it's VERY flawed and OLD people dominates it, pretty much unfair to what younger viewers watch?

Don't people realize it's VERY flawed and OLD people dominates it, pretty much unfair to what younger viewers watch?

You really just don't get it do you? Take a statistics course and maybe you'll understand it. And how is it dominated by OLD people? American Idol is watched by the younger crowd, as is the Olympics? Your logic in this is so poor and naive. And I've asked you to come up with a better solution that is not biased towards any particular network and you've failed to do so. If you are going to bash how the current process works, you should have a better understand of how it works in the first place and should come up with an alternate way of doing things.

When the kid says "you can't kill him" it could easily have been Jacob speaking about the boy in a sense that they (Jacob and MIB) view their human hosts as separate from themselves. I think that the boy is Aaron and that he is currently possessed by Jacob. I also have a nagging feeling that Jacob is not as benevolent as the story is making him out to be, only that he is better at conning the humans.

How could it possibly be Aaron? Aaron is off island, was born in 2004, and its now 2007. The boy was cast as a 12-14 year old. Aaron is 3. Just doesn't make any sense.

I don't know why everyone is focusing on these far out theories involving Jacob with everything that happens at any time this season. Jacob is in Sayid, Jacob is in Aaron, etc etc. Jacob is currently dead, and appeared to Hurley as dead. Why would he appear to Hurley if he could just jump into another body and off he goes?

Shannon is coming back!

Ratings while the Olympics are going on are basically useless, yes.

However, ratings are what determines which shows stay and go, so they must be looked at.

How do you know 'old people dominate' them? Do you even know how they work? If you do, please explain.