[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

RE: Ratings:

Don't forget, that the crappy shows that get high ratings like American Idiots (Sorry, I meant "Idol") are only aired in the US. Whereas Lost is aired all over the world, so if they only seem to be getting 4 Million viewers in the USA, multiply that by 195 and you'll see why Lost is far, far, far more successful. And who ever heard of anyone buying an American Idol boxset DVD? LOL

RE: Ratings:

Don't forget, that the crappy shows that get high ratings like American Idiots (Sorry, I meant "Idol") are only aired in the US. Whereas Lost is aired all over the world, so if they only seem to be getting 4 Million viewers in the USA, multiply that by 195 and you'll see why Lost is far, far, far more successful. And who ever heard of anyone buying an American Idol boxset DVD? LOL

Wow, flawed logic much?

Most countries don't have 4 million people total, nevermind 4 million watching Lost. There are also versions of 'Idol' all over the world. So while people in other countries aren't watching the same show, they are watching the same type of program, and giving Simon Cowell piles of money in the process.

Wow, flawed logic much?

Most countries don't have 4 million people total, nevermind 4 million watching Lost.

yeah the UK audience of Lost hardly tops 800k

Seriously they still dragging this donkey. Series 1 was ok, but just got silly.

Use your head. Use your imagination. Use your Brain!

I am LOVING (On Damn contrary to what other people has misinformed judgement that I only watch shows cuz of HOT females) all these aspects about it being smart, and THOUGHT- PROVOCTIVE - LISTEN and READ for the thousands time Joel, episode, njlouch, etc!!! Funny how some people only read what they want to read to serve them to flame other people... sigh.

I hate that all these shows other popular people watch are all these dumbass shows that are MINDLESS and easy to understand... not to insult their intelligence or anything, but they can BE smart and high IQ but watch dumb shows ALL the time (Hey I admit I too SOMETIMES watch American Idol once in a while myself but not ALL the time) but for me I prefer Mystery, and Sci-Fi to watch!!!

And, frankly, yes Smallville and Heros aren't that thought-provactotive either so I guess it's the GENRE I am into, than quality I suppose.

I wouldn't call it silly, and frankly the producers might lied about this show not have Supernatural elements or whatever in the beginning, but Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Plus Superheros/Actions shows) are the kinds of show right in my ALLEY!!! :D

Wow, flawed logic much?

Most countries don't have 4 million people total, nevermind 4 million watching Lost. There are also versions of 'Idol' all over the world. So while people in other countries aren't watching the same show, they are watching the same type of program, and giving Simon Cowell piles of money in the process.

Wow! Flawed logic much yourself?

I've used estimated values. Surely not all countries have 4 Mil viewers however, if you actually used logic, you'd know that all the worldly viewers add up to more than Fox's "American Idol".

And for your information, Pop Idol is not American Idol! Duh! Just coz is the same format and same presenter/producer/owner, it's a different show, aired in a different country. How many times do Fox count the views of Bolgerian Idol + Pop Idol to help them with their ratings.

Jeeze, it's like talking to a child!

Episode 6.06 - Sundown - Press Release

SAYID IS FACED WITH A DIFFICULT DECISION, ON ABC'S "LOST"

"Sundown" - Sayid is faced with a difficult decision, and Claire sends a warning to the temple inhabitants, on "Lost," TUESDAY, MARCH 2 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

Guest starring are Kevin Durand as Keamy, Anthony Azizi as Omar/Arabic man, Hiroyuki Sanada as Dogen, John Hawkes as Lennon, Andrea Gabriel as Noor "Nadia" Abed Jaseem, Kimberley Joseph as Cindy, Cas Anvar as Omer, Kailee Velasco as Eva, Aramis Knight as Sam, Peter Stray as doctor, Salvatore Abbadessa as cabbie, David Griffith as screaming Other, Mickey Graue as Zack and Kiersten Havelock as Emma.

"Sundown" was written by Paul Zbyszewski & Graham Roland and directed by Bobby Roth.

Source: ABC

Wow! Flawed logic much yourself?

I've used estimated values. Surely not all countries have 4 Mil viewers however, if you actually used logic, you'd know that all the worldly viewers add up to more than Fox's "American Idot".

And for your information, Pop Idol is not American Idol! Duh! Just coz is the same format and same presenter/producer/owner, it's a different show, aired in a different country. How many times do Fox count the views of Bolgerian Idol + Pop Idol to help them with their ratings.

Jeeze, it's like talking to a child!

I know its a different show. However, its by the same people. The same type of program is available to them, whether or not it has the same contestants is irrelevant. The worldwide audience for Idol shows is going to be much, much, much higher than Lost's worldwide viewership.

You made the statement that because Lost is watched all over the world, it is more popular. That simply is not true. You can't compare a program that airs all over the world with a version of a program that airs in only one country. To do what you want to do, you'd have to count the viewership of Lost in each country as a seperate program.

Oh geez, I guess there are going to be complaints after episode 6.

Jacob is a religion-based name too isn't it?

I think a lot of people believe so. Esau and Jacob were the sons of Isaac and Rebekah, and the grandsons of Abraham and Sarah. Hence the reason why some people call Jacob's nemesis Esau.

Use your head. Use your imagination. Use your Brain!

<snipped, to purposely take out of context>

OK. Why does Smokey need a ladder to get to the cave? I'm wondering if the ladder was just a projection to stage a "See, I saved your life. You can trust me." scenario. With a little imagination of the powers Jacob probably has, he wouldn't need a ladder either.

I'm undecided who the boy was referring to. The immediate situation would seem to indicate that he was referring to Sawyer. However, what if the boy is the overseer of the game being played between Jacob and MIB - perhaps what he said could be interpreted as "You know your 'loophole' was illegal, Jacob lives on (in another host)."

OK. Why does Smokey need a ladder to get to the cave? I'm wondering if the ladder was just a projection to stage a "See, I saved your life. You can trust me." scenario. With a little imagination of the powers Jacob probably has, he wouldn't need a ladder either.

I'm undecided who the boy was referring to. The immediate situation would seem to indicate that he was referring to Sawyer. However, what if the boy is the overseer of the game being played between Jacob and MIB - perhaps what he said could be interpreted as "You know your 'loophole' was illegal, Jacob lives on (in another host)."

The boy in the visions of John Locke and James Ford appear to be a young version of the original Jacob...

yeah I was quite surprised I mean its a bloody ladder someone must of seen it!

There might be MORE of these mysterious locations to be revealed this season, that NO one bothered to find before. But yeah, that Ladder/Cliff seem to be so OPEN... I dunno.

You really just don't get it do you? Take a statistics course and maybe you'll understand it. And how is it dominated by OLD people? American Idol is watched by the younger crowd, as is the Olympics?

I didn't say anything about American Idol. (That's for another debate about intelligence in the show, but NOT this one) So DON'T assume it's AI I am tallking about! I know better than that! Yes, American Idol (and Olympics) HAS indeed a wide audience but certainly NOT what I was referring to... of course Music and Sports are more widely beloved than a THINKING-based show that's not really a surprise!

So, I totally get why American Idol and Olympics are winners... OLD and YOUNG both watch these equally!

BUT Most Everything on CBS though, have to say that's always getting the better ratings than other Networks ARE watched by Predominately OLD people! I DON'T get how how these CBS crap is so popular at all, except that explantion!

So, while Music and Sport based shows are undoubtly popular, and I say those are FAIR. What my problem is this flawed system that always favors CBS too much seems biased and flawed!?

Police/Detective.

Could be. :)

Considering he let a woman in hand cuffs run free, I strongly doubt he's involved in any time of law enforcement, and what salesman travels to and from a country in what he was wearing? Sawyer's probably a still conman.

And I've asked you to come up with a better solution that is not biased towards any particular network and you've failed to do so. If you are going to bash how the current process works, you should have a better understand of how it works in the first place and should come up with an alternate way of doing things.

They need to consider measuring A) Fanbase (Polls maybe) and B) Internet chatter/buzz about shows C)All the show download online rather than just going by a Nelson rating, IMO to truly measure which show is really the MOST popular, and by the end I can GURANTEE that it's NOT one of these CBS shows at all!

We live in the Internet age now, and it's just so easy to SEE which shows more people talk about Vs all those CBS crap always winning yet NO one talks about them! Isn't that suspicious to you guys?

The boy in the visions of John Locke and James Ford appear to be a young version of the original Jacob...

Yeah, that's what makes it look suspicious. He appeared to Hurley (after his "death") as an adult. Why change to the younger version?

As for the ratings...well, let's face it, Lost has been an easy show to throw up your hands and say "Yeah, I've had enough!" They nearly lost me with the first few episodes of season three - man, that was boring to me. I guess I'm one of the weird ones - I never could get into the Jack and Kate characters/storylines/centric-episodes (nothing against the actors).

Yeah, that's what makes it look suspicious. He appeared to Hurley (after his "death") as an adult. Why change to the younger version?

As for the ratings...well, let's face it, Lost has been an easy show to throw up your hands and say "Yeah, I've had enough!" They nearly lost me with the first few episodes of season three - man, that was boring to me. I guess I'm one of the weird ones - I never could get into the Jack and Kate characters/storylines/centric-episodes (nothing against the actors).

Shows that make people THINK and provoke theories are AUTOMATICALLY going to turn off some people, cuz a lot people are lazy as hell and doesn't want to think, but that doesn't automatically mean all these people don't watch Lost per se is going to be fans of anything CBS!

I think it's just that CBS fans have Loyal OLD people fans continue to be loyal and watch it over and over, but fans of these shows like Lost, etc just AREN'T as loyal but still doesn't mean anything on CBS really has a BIGGER fanbase at all! These rating methods are a joke!

Jedi, enough. Please. You go on and on and on... and on about ratings, old people, reality shows, and everything in between. We get it. No really, WE GET IT. So please stop harping on it so much.

Jedi, enough. Please. You go on and on and on... and on about ratings, old people, reality shows, and everything in between. We get it. No really, WE GET IT. So please stop harping on it so much.

LOL it's all very relevant because in the ratings I am DEFENDING this show. I like to think that Lost has MUCH BIGGER fanbase and viewers (or other shows getting LOW ratings) than the shows Nelson ratings give credit, and you KNOW it, that's all I am saying.

Anyway, let's get back to discuss the actual Plot...Characters...

Anyone read the NEW TV Guide, it did say Sawyer

has a different job. So, not a conman.

Also another interesting thing the TV guide article says is the past seasons flashback aren't that important anymore... unless I misread.

I hate that all these shows other popular people watch are all these dumbass shows that are MINDLESS and easy to understand... not to insult their intelligence or anything, but they can BE smart and high IQ but watch dumb shows ALL the time (Hey I admit I too SOMETIMES watch American Idol once in a while myself but not ALL the time) but for me I prefer Mystery, and Sci-Fi to watch!!!

One of the coolest things about Lost is the massive universe. Kind of like Star Wars. It's a world of its own, and there is so much to explore and understand and discover. At least that's the impression I get.

And, frankly, yes Smallville and Heros aren't that thought-provactotive either so I guess it's the GENRE I am into, than quality I suppose.

Heroes looked really, really promising early on. When future badass Hiro appeared, I immediately got the felling of a massive universe of epic proportions. Then they messed up everything, and now it just sucks. Wish they had continued down the story line that led to future badass Hiro.

Wasnt that Jacobs cave because it had all the numbers/people on the ceiling?