[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Have they explained the whole left foot/right foot thing yet?

How do you mean?

no it was just a bad day and there was a storm that brought the black rock crashing into the statue destroying it.

From the looks of it, the island is underwater :s Because the water level is at the statues shins.

How do you mean?

From the looks of it, the island is underwater :s Because the water level is at the statues shins.

Its not underwater, you can faintly see the islands back mountains. Also, from the perspective of the camera, the water is really rough and wavy, allowing the water ahead to raise as a wave, giving the illusion against the statue that its under water.

How do you mean?

so that's not a mountain?

1298514168.jpg

They screwed up with that specific scene because in last season's opener, Jacob and the man in black see the boat off in the distance, yet it's supposed to be morning (they said "Morning" to each other). Can't really believe the boat was floating there all day until the thunderstorm came and a tsunami like wave finally brought them in at night. A minor oversight, still irks me though as this is a show about details. It also overlooks the specific bearing that allows you to get on or off the island. Ok, maybe the waves kept them on that bearing.... yeah, not seeing that. Very likely something else they won't address.

Well I meant not fully underwater, like if the water was at the shin level, then a fair bit of the island was covered by the sea..

no it was just a bad day and there was a storm that brought the black rock crashing into the statue destroying it.

Yet the ship was still fully intact even after it hit the ground.

Well I meant not fully underwater, like if the water was at the shin level, then a fair bit of the island was covered by the sea..

there's alot of plot holes in that whole scene, but there's no reason why it couldnt be a monsoon or something that breached the beach level and part the way in...we need birds eye views and google earth :p

They screwed up with that specific scene because in last season's opener, Jacob and the man in black see the boat off in the distance, yet it's supposed to be morning (they said "Morning" to each other). Can't really believe the boat was floating there all day until the thunderstorm came and a tsunami like wave finally brought them in at night. A minor oversight, still irks me though as this is a show about details. It also overlooks the specific bearing that allows you to get on or off the island. Ok, maybe the waves kept them on that bearing.... yeah, not seeing that. Very likely something else they won't address.

First thing I noticed when I saw the scene of the boat and the storm with the island in the distance. Seems to be too large of a mistake for something as obvious and memorable as the first Jacob and MIB scene we see in S5

Yet the ship was still fully intact even after it hit the ground.

It is magical statue made from foam rock, one of the island's secrets. Atleast it has moving legs apparently. I'm just wondering what the left leg been doing the last couple of years and were was the right leg during season two. Must be long way to the nearest grocery strore.

plus that boat must be made out of titanium or something the way the statue is destroyed!

Vlcsnap-2010-03-24-04h18m02s99.png

Im going to assume it was primarily the power and force of the storm that weakens / brought it down.

Im going to assume it was primarily the power and force of the storm that weakens / brought it down.

Still won't explain flying wooden ship middle of jungle. Intact. Maybe it was really gentle, huge and slow wave? Or maybe Jacob is a pokemon.

it took that boat 20 years to get there? because Richard's flashback started in 1867

also: am i wrong or to this point has MiB only been dead people that were on the island? Yemi, Christian, Alex, Locke, etc...

so if we are supposed to believe that was him as Isabella...how?

my mistake, I meant 1867, just watched replay. If you remember smokey hovered infront of Richardo for a fair while possibly scanning his mind as he has done in the past.

Everything that happened on the black rock was caused by smokey.

Jacob looked very confused when Richardo turned up wanting blood from el diabolo.

Yeah, with such a tall statue and a huge crashing wave goes into it + The Black Rock, will make some impact, surely?

Yeah, with such a tall statue and a huge crashing wave goes into it + The Black Rock, will make some impact, surely?

yeah depends really how long the statue had been there for over thousands of years it could be weakened, I just dont buy a ship destroying it

May be the statue had already been weakened to the point of breaking (it has been standing like that since forever, as we know it; may be tidal waves have been splashing it with salt water on its feet weakening the feet). It took a simple nudge from the Black Rock to topple it over. Then the wave carried the ship inwards, and when it receded, the ship got stuck in the mud.

Anyway, what's the point nitpicking over so much detail?

First thing I noticed when I saw the scene of the boat and the storm with the island in the distance. Seems to be too large of a mistake for something as obvious and memorable as the first Jacob and MIB scene we see in S5

A buddy just sent me a PM about my comment and he initially thought the same thing, but then pointed out that we don't know for certain that the boat in the opening scene in season five's finale was in fact the Black Rock. I also noticed that the man in black's hair was different in last night's episode and last year's finale (it was shorter, cleaner cut, last year it was slightly longer, messy). Those details have more of an argument than my mine does, so while the logical assumption was that it was the Black Rock in the distance during the day, we have no definitive proof. Besides, if other people were brought to the island, exactly how would they come during those hundreds, or even thousands, of years? By boat!

Who are Adam and Eve?

Desmond and Penny

Jack and Kate

MIB and his Mother

2 People we have not met yet

Claire and grown up Aaron

Sawyer and Juliet

Widmore and Eloise

Richard Alpert and his Wife

Sun and Jin

the poll has been shortened

Scoop on next week's episode:

- There's a reveal about Jin and Sun that will shock you. They are *o* *a*****!

- We'll see Daniel Dae Kim shirtless. (You're welcome, Josh Holloway, who lobbied for that. And you're welcome, world.)

- Fake Locke reveals what they need to leave the island.

- We learn that a female Lostie is "expendable."

- There will be a "package."

Source: E!Online