[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

May be the statue had already been weakened to the point of breaking (it has been standing like that since forever, as we know it; may be tidal waves have been splashing it with salt water on its feet weakening the feet). It took a simple nudge from the Black Rock to topple it over. Then the wave carried the ship inwards, and when it receded, the ship got stuck in the mud.

Anyway, what's the point nitpicking over so much detail?

Think you're right about that one.

Well, I more concerned to what someone said a few posts back, about when we saw the Black Rock in the Season 5 finale, it was morning and not raining.. Maybe something to do with the bearing? But then again, if we could see it, they must of seen it...

Yes the Blackrock could have destroyed the already weaken statue. But it couldn't have survive the hit & ground impact. Oh well. Seems pretty stupid to keep nitpicking on this. Haha.

A buddy just sent me a PM about my comment and he initially thought the same thing, but then pointed out that we don't know for certain that the boat in the opening scene in season five's finale was in fact the Black Rock. I also noticed that the man in black's hair was different in last night's episode and last year's finale (it was shorter, cleaner cut, last year it was slightly longer, messy). Those details have more of an argument than my mine does, so while the logical assumption was that it was the Black Rock in the distance during the day, we have no definitive proof. Besides, if other people were brought to the island, exactly how would they come during those hundreds, or even thousands, of years? By boat!

I think we were to assume it was the black rock, we'll probably never know unless its asked in a future lost podcast

I think we were to assume it was the black rock, we'll probably never know unless its asked in a future lost podcast

They have to address that, makes sense it was past people brought on a boat before Richard and everyone though

i was sad when Richard was talking with his wife., hundreds of years, then he got closure ( what appears to be closure )

Yes the Blackrock could have destroyed the already weaken statue. But it couldn't have survive the hit & ground impact. Oh well. Seems pretty stupid to keep nitpicking on this. Haha.

It may not have hit the ground crashing. It might have been gently lowered as the water receded.

It may not have hit the ground crashing. It might have been gently lowered as the water receded.

yeah that's what I am guessing the water just poured onto the island and it just stayed there.

Question for those of you that support the Jacob=MIB thoery...

If Jacob=MIB, who's ashes did Miles scan to prove that Ben was the killer?

Question for those of you that support the Jacob=MIB thoery...

If Jacob=MIB, who's ashes did Miles scan to prove that Ben was the killer?

I guess you can put that theory to rest after last night's episode. Clearly this is a battle between two Gods.

I guess you can put that theory to rest after last night's episode. Clearly this is a battle between two Gods.

Well, we still don't know if they are "gods" or not.

Many people who support that theory say last night's episode confirmed it because the knife MIB gave Richard was the same knife given to Sayid

At the end of season 2, the 4-toed foot is a right foot

lost20foot20statue.jpg

Every other episode, it's a left foot

vlcsnap-47574511.jpg

I don't know about you, but on my feet, the big toe is on the inside. Your first picture is a left foot.

They screwed up with that specific scene because in last season's opener, Jacob and the man in black see the boat off in the distance, yet it's supposed to be morning (they said "Morning" to each other). Can't really believe the boat was floating there all day until the thunderstorm came and a tsunami like wave finally brought them in at night. A minor oversight, still irks me though as this is a show about details. It also overlooks the specific bearing that allows you to get on or off the island. Ok, maybe the waves kept them on that bearing.... yeah, not seeing that. Very likely something else they won't address.

The explanation is simple: The boat from 'The Incident' isn't the Black Rock. We all just assumed it was.

That scene is clearly after the events of 'Ab Aeterno' because Jacob was surprised when he found out MiB wanted to kill him. In 'The Incident' he knew it already.

There is still a problem with that, however, because the statue was intact in 'The Incident'.

Many people who support that theory say last night's episode confirmed it because the knife MIB gave Richard was the same knife given to Sayid

Angels and Demons seems more likely now, hence why they can be replaced, and don't have god like powers, just some. The Angels are guarding the door way to hell and the Demon is trying to open it. :)

Assuming we take them literally about all the Hell stuff. :)

ABC?s Lost was up a tenth of a point to a 3.9 adults 18-49 rating vs. last week, but since it overran 6 minutes into the 10pm hour, the final ratings will be likely revising that number upwards. On the flipside, the special V clip show?s 1.9 rating will likely be revised downwards.

1060339294.png

Angels and Demons seems more likely now, hence why they can be replaced, and don't have god like powers, just some. The Angels are guarding the door way to hell and the Demon is trying to open it. :)

I say bring in Sam and Dean Winchester :D

Yes, but Jacob took it, and then it ended up in the Temple.

It isn't literal. It was to explain it to 1867 Richard. Thats how he would understand.

Water can't weaken rocks.

Single stupidest post in the history of neowin.

I don't know about you, but on my feet, the big toe is on the inside. Your first picture is a left foot.

Whoops :blush:

You know what I mean LOL

The explanation is simple: The boat from 'The Incident' isn't the Black Rock. We all just assumed it was.

That scene is clearly after the events of 'Ab Aeterno' because Jacob was surprised when he found out MiB wanted to kill him. In 'The Incident' he knew it already.

The first part I now agree with, but the second has a major flaw. When the Black Rock came to the island, the statue was destroyed, whereas in The Incident, the statue is still intact, so it had to be before the Black Rock arrived. The surprise factor could be a plot flaw, but as you described them, the events don't line up. Another point on the surprise part, Jacob may have been surprised that he actually went through with it as opposed to just stating he wanted to. Not a major issue to harp on imho.

just looking at the statue on lostpedia, must of been a tsunami to push a ship as high as it did!

Everything looks bigger zoomed in. Just ask the marketing team for fast food. :D

^^ Everything looks bigger zoomed in. Just ask the marketing team for fast food. :D

The statue, built near the sea, is visible from quite some distance away due to its size, which has been estimated to be 240?250 ft. (75 m) tall (about the height of a 30-story office building).