[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

I don't see anything wrong with the explanation for the statue. What would have been a better explanation for the statue being destroyed?

My guesses were either the nuclear bomb or a natural disaster like an earthquake or something...

Earthquake in my mind was how it was destroyed but heh its happened now :p, its been over 100 years why should I harp on about it :p

Couldn't it be possible that the statue is just much more hollow than it appears. Although it still doesn't explain how the Black Rock ends up in the middle of the jungle undamaged.

Maybe a flash through time happened the moment the boat crashed?

Couldn't it be possible that the statue is just much more hollow than it appears. Although it still doesn't explain how the Black Rock ends up in the middle of the jungle undamaged.

Maybe a flash through time happened the moment the boat crashed?

*tempted to reply*

oh shoot...

we haven't seen the front of the black rock afaik so it could be ****ed

Yeh some sort of bomb, war, earthquake, plane or almighty god gesture. A wooden boat smashing through a statue that big was just a bit meh - seemed more convenient (because they had to show/explain the black rock coming to the Island no matter what) - I'm guessing they didn't have the reason why the statue was smashed when they first wrote about a broken statue.

Yeh some sort of bomb, war, earthquake, plane or almighty god gesture. A wooden boat smashing through a statue that big was just a bit meh - seemed more convenient (because they had to show/explain the black rock coming to the Island no matter what) - I'm guessing they didn't have the reason why the statue was smashed when they first wrote about a broken statue.

you know war was always a good one, an ancient war between MIB and Jacob resulted in them pulling down the statue a bit like Saddam in Iraq when they pulled down his statue.

So, back to discussing Lost. If Jacob is infact Angel, would that disappoint any of you?

He is not an angel.

The devil/angel/hell stuff was to explain the island to Ricardo, who was in the 1800s, and a Christian. It is not the 'story'.

Jacob is good, Smokey is evil. That is true. They are not an angel and the devil.

Lost Finale Title!

6.17/6.18 The End

You beat me too it! As if its that though!

Episode 6.09 Podcast Review

- Possibility of more "storms" will be happening. Storm is a metaphor

- 'The Package' is related to Sun/Jin sideways

- They confirmed there were other people before Richard, hence the Statue

- Confirmed Libby will be back and questions will be answered about her

- Highly likely that Desmond will pop up in the current timeline or the sideways in the next few episodes

- There will be more cop Sawyer/Miles scenes

- Near future, one of the characters will be asking someone whether the MIB can only take the form of dead people, and whether Dave was really or not.. an answer will be provided.

- Possible that MIB is telling the truth, and Jacob is lying..

- Confirmed 'The End' is the season finale title

^^

booo I want to know about the other people!, I am thinking it might be put in the encyclopaedia at the end of season

^^

booo I want to know about the other people!, I am thinking it might be put in the encyclopaedia at the end of season

Pre-ordered my Encyclopaedia the other day! :D

Ok. Richard is the OLD Desmond... Interesting accent they use in spain by the 19th century... I bet that even the spanish ppl nowaday coudlnt understand them. Instead of that, they speak a neutral spanish. The same with the british. Seems like the "captain" was in the new world for a long time, heh. Pretty weird at least.

Despite of all of that, this seems to be the 1st episode that I like (for 10 minutes). More ppl comming (dead or alive) and the big questions remain without any answer. We deal that richard doesnt age, so, wasnt that important to see how he acquire that. Doesnt worth an episode of the last season.

Still not 100% on who is good/bad, hopefully the sucky twist won't be Jacob is bad and Smokey is good, cause that would be sucky (N)

But the scene where Jacob holds Richard underwater...baptism anyone? Or am I just making things up now?

Still not 100% on who is good/bad, hopefully the sucky twist won't be Jacob is bad and Smokey is good, cause that would be sucky (N)

But the scene where Jacob holds Richard underwater...baptism anyone? Or am I just making things up now?

I agree with you, and I also agree with your thoughts on the Jacob and Richard scene......a spoiler used earlier was baptism ("more or less", as in not a proper baptism, but similar in both method and meaning), so I would say that scene pretty much fits the bill of the spoiler mentioned a few pages back.

I agree with you, and I also agree with your thoughts on the Jacob and Richard scene......a spoiler used earlier was baptism ("more or less", as in not a proper baptism, but similar in both method and meaning), so I would say that scene pretty much fits the bill of the spoiler mentioned a few pages back.

Haven't been into this thread for ages mate, and even when I do. I don't read spoilers.

Haven't been into this thread for ages mate, and even when I do. I don't read spoilers.

I know, was just saying, baptism was a spoiler from a few pages back, so its likely that the Jacob and Richard scene was what it was referring to.

With regards to people saying they don't believe the statue could be destroyed by a wooden ship, do you not think maybe the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge wave (you know, the one that managed to smash the ship into the statues HEAD and then launch/wash it way into the jungle) might have, you know, helped.

Ok. Richard is the OLD Desmond... Interesting accent they use in spain by the 19th century... I bet that even the spanish ppl nowaday coudlnt understand them. Instead of that, they speak a neutral spanish. The same with the british. Seems like the "captain" was in the new world for a long time, heh. Pretty weird at least.

Despite of all of that, this seems to be the 1st episode that I like (for 10 minutes). More ppl comming (dead or alive) and the big questions remain without any answer. We deal that richard doesnt age, so, wasnt that important to see how he acquire that. Doesnt worth an episode of the last season.

As usual, you miss everything.

He wasn't from Spain.

As usual, you miss everything.

He wasn't from Spain.

I guess missed something too. At the beginning they were in Tenerife, Canary Islands. That is Spain.

Nestor on the Finale!

That final scene with Richard and Isabella is one of the most devastatingly beautiful moments we?ve ever seen on Lost. Is there any chance they could somehow end up together?

Without giving too much away, I can tell you that as soon as I read that script I was certainly wanting some resolution. And I think there will be some element of resolution for Richard. I can?t say whether or not he has a chance at Isabella, but I just read the season finale and there has been some resolution for my character in a great way. The writers, yet again, just knocked it out of the park with the series finale. You?ll see it as the season progresses, what they?ve come up with is pretty mind-blowing. I?m definitely very fulfilled not just about my character but with the whole show in general. It?s an incredible task and they blew me away with what they come up with.

What can you tell us about the finale?

I got the script late, it was like 10 something at night, and usually I go to bed fairly early because you?ve got to put the kids, but no, I was up at 12:30, pouring through it, reading pieces of it again. There?s a lot of tight security as far as scripts?we all have to be there when they?re delivered, but I was really, really, thrilled to get it, and again, just blown away with what they wrote. I?m anxious for people to see it and we?re in the process of shooting it now.

There?s going to be major heartbreak, there?s going to be some very emotional stuff coming down the pike. But the emotional stuff, the payoff will be great. When you see it, and as I read it, it made complete sense what they were doing, and they?re doing it in such a beautiful way, what it needs to be. And again, without giving away too much, I think people will be fulfilled even as they may be crying.

Interesting accent they use in spain by the 19th century... I bet that even the spanish ppl nowaday coudlnt understand them. Instead of that, they speak a neutral spanish.

No, it was pretty much proper Spanish. No problem understanding any of it. Didn't speak it with any accent either. Sounded very fluent/native.

I was surprised at how good an actor he really is. This episode totally showcased his talents.

So in the flash sideways, does that mean that MiB was drowned with the island and didn't escape in to the world, hence why all the losties' lives are so much better?

It was a good episode but I thought the extended footage of MiB and Jacob did remove some of their mystique, their introduction in season 5 was incredible.

Also, I wonder what MiB meant when he said Jacob stole his body, anyone have any ideas?