[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

You didn't really expect a major character like Desmond would die in such a small, quick way did you? Even the established depth and existence of water should have supported the notion prior to seeing the previews. Hurt? Yes. Dead? Nah.

Well, they led us to believe that Ilana was a major (or at least an *important*) character, but she ended up doing, well...not much. Killing off Island Desmond may have been interesting if only to see if Widmore had a Plan B (assuming Desmond is a big part of Plan A).

About the well: not sure why they chose to do what they did with the scene setup and sound. With pretty much every Lost article written about the remaining episodes bracing the reader for some major heartbreaks, killing off Desmond would have fit the bill - if only for a week.

As important as Desmond is, to have his life so quickly and suddenly end with the falling in the well is the kind of thing this show doesn't typically do; it's cheap and a cop-out. Desmond has been a somewhat of a crux and he's been setup as the key to stopping the man in black. Establishing the importance of this and then go on to believe for more than a few minutes, if not seconds, that he really could be dead and that's it for him (at least in that timeline) is... well, I can't think of a better word than silly.

As important as Desmond is, to have his life so quickly and suddenly end with the falling in the well is the kind of thing this show doesn't typically do; it's cheap and a cop-out.

Hes not dead?

Major Plot Spoiler Just messing with Jedi... I guess it could be kind of funny if we can keep it going....at least it will pass the time in between the episodes

Removed the spoiler tag so that "Jedi" can see what you said. If you want to play these silly games, please go elsewhere. In this thread, we discuss Lost Season 6.

NEED TO RESIST reading plot spoilers.

Guys, I said this thousands times now, for the common courtesy of everyone, please tell those that don't mind (like MYSELF) guess/hint spoilers what level of spoiler it is.

Some of these plot/direct spoilers I def. DO NOT WANT to know, but am fine with guesses/hints!

Well guesses/theories aren't classed as spoilers. Hints I'm not too sure, but the promo's should be enough of a "hint". From here on out I'm not reading any spoiler tags, even if they are ones made specifically for Jedi :p (ok they're the last ones I'm reading..)

As important as Desmond is, to have his life so quickly and suddenly end with the falling in the well is the kind of thing this show doesn't typically do; it's cheap and a cop-out. Desmond has been a somewhat of a crux and he's been setup as the key to stopping the man in black. Establishing the importance of this and then go on to believe for more than a few minutes, if not seconds, that he really could be dead and that's it for him (at least in that timeline) is... well, I can't think of a better word than silly.

Yeah, but this show does occasionally pull "a silly". In fact, they did in this same episode - I thought Ilana was going to blow herself up just by the force she was jamming the water bottles into the sack with, with the *unstable dynamite*.

I agree that they've built the Desmond character as having a purpose. But what keeps coming back to me is that Carlton and Damon (and J.J., I guess) have said that they've known how the series would end since the beginning of the series. To me, that means all that they needed to do was to introduce Jacob and MIB when the series's end was in sight and play their story out. Remember, they even intended to kill off Jack in the pilot episode, but ABC vetoed it (IIRC) - so, I'm not convinced that any individual (human) character is important to the end game, just as long as that there are two opposing sides for the finale's start.

Guys, heard of any Internet Red carpet premiere / Web Cast Chat event for Series Finale? There should be one this Finale event ought to be really huge.

Maybe on Lost Facebook page it will have something...

Also, seen any really good Best of Lost Compilations videos including this season?

Alright straight up:

If you're responding to a FREAKIN SPOILER respond in a SPOILER TAG!

This thread has been great this season and other seasons the same but this is getting crazy. I love reading what everyone thinks and even chime in once in a while. But if I see another spoiler not tagged I'm out, just a like a few others.

There's only what 5-6 weeks left, let those of us who want to be surprised have the chance.

Thanks

Guys, heard of any Internet Red carpet premiere / Web Cast Chat event for Series Finale? There should be one this Finale event ought to be really huge.

Maybe on Lost Facebook page it will have something...

Also, seen any really good Best of Lost Compilations videos including this season?

There is a Theatre showing planned but not sure where that is

Alright straight up:

If you're responding to a FREAKIN SPOILER respond in a SPOILER TAG!

This thread has been great this season and other seasons the same but this is getting crazy. I love reading what everyone thinks and even chime in once in a while. But if I see another spoiler not tagged I'm out, just a like a few others.

There's only what 5-6 weeks left, let those of us who want to be surprised have the chance.

Thanks

+111111!

I tried to avoid them but I think I've seen like 3-4 major spoilers out in the open already.

Everyone dies except maybe a couple of people

One episode has none of the main cast in it

The episode is based on young brothers Jacob and MiB on the island

The mother is someone we have yet to see

I tried to avoid them but I think I've seen like 3-4 major spoilers out in the open already.

The mother is someone we have yet to see

mother of who?

I post spoilers but keep them behind tags because its only fair to those who have waited....anyway time for some lolz!

The real reason behind European airspace closure!

d2zkR.gif

Adding a [spoilers] means nothing. The thread has been okay for a while, but people don't want to actually take the time to not spoil it for other people. I'll actively try to avoid the spoilers, but if you can't show the community respect, then why even post?

We're all huge fans. Just because you have no patience doesn't entitle you to spoil it for me.

The Music Background, isn't it like one of the famous classical ones right? Beethoven?

Can't remember what's it called...

Is it Moonlight Sonata?

By golly!

Freddy vs. Jason (2003) (uncredited) .... School Student - Next to Locker

... aka "FvJ" - USA (informal short title)

Source

And with that, I don't really care :p

Let her be the first dead candidate!!

By golly!

Source

And with that, I don't really care :p

Let her be the first dead candidate!!

I don't really care either tbh just noticed it and thought heh that could go in the lost thread and in it went :p