[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

What a great episode. I mean literally breath-taking.

Sayid is an absolute legend, when I saw the look on his face, I knew he'd do it. Although I read a spoiler that he'd die too...

Sun & Jun dying, wow. Totally heart-breaking, disappointing as they've been built this far up, and now they've just been killed off. Great scene mind.

When Jack looked up in total despair after getting to the beach - brilliant.

Not sure which was better out of Ab Aeterno and this. Next week's shall be pretty epic.

Felt like Sayid's redemption was done too hastily - all it took was a single line of dialogue from Desmond. If it was this easy to turn him around, how did he end up as the psychopathic hitman in the first place!

So who is The Candidate?

MIB? He is the one who is trying to prevent people from leaving the island now. Last I saw, it was exactly what Jacob did.

hmmm thats odd i still cant work out who the candidate is. Unable to tell if its

Jack

or

Locke

or someone else from what i read and seen. Im am edging towards

Jack

though as Sayid told him about Desmond and mentioned something like

it will be you?

or something along those lines just before

the bomb was going to explode

A couple points needs to make -

I know I like Jack, but I know a lot of fans HATE Jack. He always seem to be wrong, yet act like he is always right

Ben and Miles took a LONG time to get the explosives, eh? Or they got captured maybe??

I see a plot twist about them soon, cuz they been gone a LONG time. Kinda useless now, since this episode Flocke and crew got to the plane already. Unless, Flocke will try get on the plane later.

I have the feeling Jack was actually right though. If Sawyer never pulled the wire, the bomb wouldn't go off?

Maybe we need to ask the producers if Jack was right or wrong?

Sort of figured Sayid would die off here soon, but I didn't think both Kwons would die so soon....sad that both of them died by Jin went out in a good way I think.....he kept his promise of never leaving his wifes side again...Also sort of forgot about Lepedis until I read someone else mention him dying above, he was a neat extra character but not really important to the island so it wasn't much of a surprise.

I think Jack has it figured out a bit though, MIB/Flocke cannot kill the candidates, he figured that if none of them interfered with the bomb that Flocke prepared, then it wouldn't go off. I have a feeling he was right about that, but Sawyer didn't want to risk it. I think Jack is the Candidate and the one that will end up staying on the island (and not dying), he sort of understands the rules where they cannot kill each other (or at least, Flocke cannot kill those touched by Jacob), so he is partway to becoming the next Jacob IMO.

Great episode though, so many people just gone. o.O

EDIT: And the above spoiler tag is all stuff from the last episode, so if you have watched it, feel free to read it....just keeping it spoiler-ed since some people do not watch it right away.

Fake Locke is one smart dude. Sawyer ****es me off, especially since he redeemed himself last season as being the "thinking" leader, and now all that **** went out the window after Juliet died.

Jack knew that the bomb would diffuse itself if no one touched it. He said "he wants us to kill each other" because he knows that Flocke couldn't intentionally kill them himself. And that's exactly what happened. When Sawyer attempted to pull the wires, the intent of the bomb became his doing, and therefore making it active. But I guess we can't fault Sawyer with not believing Jack since Jack was wrong about the bomb in "The Incident" and Juliet ended up dying.

By the way, I'm convinced Lapidus is dead. Very uneventful, but yeah, he's dead. And hopefully Sun, Jin, Lapidus, and Sayid will be redeemed in the sideways timeline. Similar to how Karma bit Anthony Cooper in the ass by making him in a vegetative state.

I think Jack IS right, Sawyer is wrong, but some audiences hate Jack think he was wrong LOL

But I guess we can't fault Sawyer with not believing Jack since Jack was wrong about the bomb in "The Incident" and Juliet ended up dying.

Actually Juliet whispered "It Worked" why would she say that?

So, was Jack right too?

Similar to how Karma bit Anthony Cooper in the ass by making him in a vegetative state.

Could that maybe what the sideways are ALL about?

I have the feeling Jack was actually right though. If Sawyer never pulled the wire, the bomb wouldn't go off?

Maybe we need to ask the producers if Jack was right or wrong?

Take note, Richard tried to kill himself but could'nt, Jack had to help. Even when he did they still didnt die in the black rock, the fuse just went out.

Jack is more in tune with the island than ever, and he was right. Letting the bomb count down would have resulted in the bomb not going off and probably stopping with a few seconds left, just like the fuse stopped burning with room to spare. As others have noted, it's because Sawyer interfered that the bomb went off.

If there's a scale on being in tune with the island, from 1 to 10, I'd say Jack is a 10, Hurley an 8, and Kate and Sawyer a 1 or 2. Because of this, I see Kate and Sawyer dying with the last candidates being Jack and Hurley, which is good and bad because I want Kate gone, but not Sawyer. Can't have it all.

Oh, and Jack did have a backpack. When he came to on the beach and was talking with Locke, he picked up a backpack and put it on:

jack_has_a_backpack.jpg

And another note, the man in black can lie, because he told Jack that he could kill him and his friends even though he can't.

Wow. I had tears forming in my eyes. Epic. Simply epic.

I knew about the Sun and Jin deaths in advance (note to self: avoid twitter on the day of LOST episodes). But, I was still blown away by this episode.

anyone else notice that some of the characters stories prior to the plane crash are different in the alternate timeline???shouldnt everyones story be the same up till the plane crash???the bomb only changed what happened after the crash.??or thats how it should have been anyways.

I believe it changed everything since the Dharma days ..i.e. the 70s.

Take note, Richard tried to kill himself but could'nt, Jack had to help. Even when he did they still didnt die in the black rock, the fuse just went out.

Thats one plot hole I think.....Jack lit the fuse, Jack stayed, and since Jacob touched him, the fuse went out because Jack cannot kill himself.

Jacob also touched Sawyer, which means when Sawyer pulled the wires and triggered the bomb, if Sawyer was in the blast radius of the bomb it likely would NOT have gone off, as Sawyer shouldn't be able to kill himself either. That is, unless Jacob made it so Jack cannot kill himself and MiB simply cannot kill any of the candidates, but all the other candidates CAN kill themselves. Which would mean Jacob made Jack the final candidate from the beginning.

EDIT: Expanding off the Jack cannot kill himself deal.....if Jack pulled the wires out of the bomb, it wouldn't have gone off, as he cannot kill himself. Or, it would have gone off and somehow killed everyone but Jack or something...

The producers of ABC?s hit drama have shot so much crucial material for the show?s hugely anticipated series finale that the network has agreed to extend the last episode by an extra half hour.

When the ?Lost? finale airs on Sunday, May 23rd, the episode will run from 9 to 11:30 p.m. The overrun will push back local news, with the previously announced ?Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost? post-finale special now airing at 12:05 a.m. ABC is expected to announce the plan on tonight?s episode of Kimmel.

Source: http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/abc-expands-lost-finale-by-extra-halfhour.html

As we already know, Jacob and MiB cannot kill each other. That's why Flocke used Ben to kill Jacob way back when. I assume the same rule goes for the remaining 'Candidates' to take Jacob's place. Flocke/MiB can't touch them either. I don't think that makes them unable to die [obviously,

the Kwons did

], but just that they can't be touched by Flocke/MiB.

The reason the dynamite in the Black Rock didn't go off was because Richard was there. Jacob granted him the 'power' to live forever. I think that's why it didn't go off--not that because Jacob had 'touched Jack'. It's oh-so-very confusing, really. I hope they actually explain [most] everything.

Also, the sneak peek for the next episode... what is going on? Tell me they're not doing a filler episode as their second-to-last.

Also, the sneak peek for the next episode... what is going on? Tell me they're not doing a filler episode as their second-to-last.

It's a Jacob/Man in Black centric episode. Expect it to be full of win.

It's a Jacob/Man in Black centric episode. Expect it to be full of win.

We better get answers! :D

As we already know, Jacob and MiB cannot kill each other. That's why Flocke used Ben to kill Jacob way back when. I assume the same rule goes for the remaining 'Candidates' to take Jacob's place. Flocke/MiB can't touch them either. I don't think that makes them unable to die [obviously,

the Kwons did

], but just that they can't be touched by Flocke/MiB.

The reason the dynamite in the Black Rock didn't go off was because Richard was there. Jacob granted him the 'power' to live forever. I think that's why it didn't go off--not that because Jacob had 'touched Jack'. It's oh-so-very confusing, really. I hope they actually explain [most] everything.

It didnt go off because Richard can't kill himself, he explained that.

That makes sense.....I just took Richards words that he cannot kill himself but someone else can kill him literal, instead of him simply being unable to die period, due to his wish from Jacob.

If there's a scale on being in tune with the island, from 1 to 10, I'd say Jack is a 10, Hurley an 8, and Kate and Sawyer a 1 or 2. Because of this, I see Kate and Sawyer dying with the last candidates being Jack and Hurley, which is good and bad because I want Kate gone, but not Sawyer. Can't have it all.

And another note, the man in black can lie, because he told Jack that he could kill him and his friends even though he can't.

Sayid said something to the point of "you are it" to Jack, before taking the bomb. He knew that in order to be redeemed, he must save Jack, as you are correct, Jack is in tune with the island like no other. I'm almost certain Jack is now the replacement for Jacob.

MiB didn't lie. He could kill them, however if he did, he would not follow the rule of "what happens, happens". Jacob and MiB both have to give humans choice, as they cannot force them to do something. If they force, they cheat whatever game those two are playing and it would defeat the whole thing MiB has been doing since the very beginning.