[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Light = Electromagnetic energy keeping smokey in, MIB -> light smokey takes the soul of MIB? :s

I feel like alot of important stuff is going to go unanswered :(

Evangelline Lilly :drool:

Good for her to spoil NOTHING, and if she need writing advise the LOST writers would be good resource for sure!!!

Did the producers swear the island actually exists, right? Not some kind of symbolism, metaphor...

I read some of the Myth of Lost and the author of the book don't believe it was actually there.

I have mixed feelings on this episode. It didn't live up to my personal expectations, and now that we have three episodes left, I'm disappointed in having a better idea on just how much we'll never know. I love mysteries and the payoff to sticking with it is resolving them, but it's frustrating that there likely won't be as big of a payoff as I want. This episode could've done so much more than it did, and while what it did give us is a good bit to chew on, it under delivered by opening up more cans of worms.

A simple example is the man in black's name. I'm going with this: the smoke monster is not Jacob's brother, it simply took his form. Jacob's brother is dead, but because his brother went into the light, something was lost, in this case, I'm going with death (coinciding with a dead body). I could be off on that part, but I'm sticking with smoke monster != Jacob's brother. The smoke monster really doesn't have a name (as noted by Ben in season 4), but Jacob's brother should have. "I only had one name," says Jacob's real mother. So now we're to just go on for the next 40 years saying, "Hey you"? There were many instances in this episode where something was said about or to Jacob, and his name was specifically used in the sentence, but regarding the man in black, it was always "your brother." If his name isn't important, why not just say Bob and be done with this nonsense? In the end, does it matter what his name is? No, because there's no significance to it. I always stuck with Esau because of the many biblical allusions in the show, but their mother's name wasn't Rebekah (Jacob and Esau's mother), so just throw any random name out there and be done with it. Instead, the writers purposely neglected to do this one simple thing, knowing good and well people would be wondering what the name is. Just call him Brother, everyone else did for 40 years :rolleyes:

There are other things I could go on about, like some of the points brought up in previous posts, how all the Egyptian stuff factors in or rather, doesn't, but I want to get some rest. Overall the episode was great, one of the best ones this season since we all know there have been some rather uneventful and head scratching ones. Three more episodes, I'm still excited to see how it ends.

Oh, and one more theory to toss out there. Desmond may be the key to putting the smoke monster back where it came from, back into the light. How? Why? No clue. How this affects the other timeline? Again, no clue.

I also agree Smoke Monster is something else entirely, not Jacob's brother and maybe the Crazy mother was guarding it?

She beg Jacob to not enter, but Jacob ****ed up and make his brother enter, thus RELEASED the Smokey?

WTF is the Smoke monster, still yet unexplained!!!!

My biggest disappointment of this episode is NOT MIB's name, but WHO the hell is the crazy mother? Goddess? What the ****

?

We now also know that the people who resembled Jack and Sawyer in the clip, are NOT these two. And the Adam and Eve are NOT Kate/Jack/Sawyer.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead (but why else would you be here if you hadn't already seen the episode?)

Jacob & MIB's "Mother" is Eve. Maybe (See picture below for Mother Island). But they show their "Mother" and MIB laying there at the end of the episode. NOT husband and wife. How about Eve & Cain? Or how about Jacob & Esau (MIB)? Esau tried to take Jacob's birthright. Then suddenly out of nowhere at the end of the episode Jack & Kate show up topless (mostly). Jack is a candidate but Kate's name was crossed out, so how does that work for the next "Adam & Eve"? As all Lost cast members have said over the years including the most recent Evangeline Lilly appearance on David Letterman (see previous page for video), they don't even think the writers know what's going to happen next. Although since this is the last season, you'd think they would have planned ahead a bit for it. Or not. As Ms. Lilly inferred in the Letterman interview, apparently the finale is going to end just like every other Lost episode: "Hey!"

post-77289-12736415815381.png

See the face?

Mathachew: Two episodes left, not three. :(

Eh, three and a half hours, that's like three and a half episodes, so... :p

Now I'm really going to bed.

I also agree Smoke Monster is something else entirely, not Jacob's brother and maybe the Crazy mother was guarding it?

She beg Jacob to not enter, but Jacob ****ed up and make his brother enter, thus RELEASED the Smokey?

WTF is the Smoke monster, still yet unexplained!!!!

My biggest disappointment of this episode is NOT MIB's name, but WHO the hell is the crazy mother? Goddess? What the ****

?

We now also know that the people who resembled Jack and Sawyer in the clip, are NOT these two. And the Adam and Eve are NOT Kate/Jack/Sawyer.

Yeah we are thinking the same. I don't think the smoke monster is Jacob's brother. Smoke monster probably took MIB's body like he is doing with Locke now.

I thought we were going to know MIB's name tonight. :crazy:

If it were up to me.

Next Tuesday, **** the Dancing with the Stars. TWO hours of NEW lost from 8-10pm With one extra hour answering who is the lady, and WHAT is the Smoke Monster.

Will they ever answer WHAT the HELL is the Smokey Monster? I am very satisfied it's NOT Jacob's brother, but still... need to know MORE about the all Mysterious Smoke Monster!

Rappy, since you read the spoilers, I assume you do. Can you tell me they answer that question in the Series Finale? (What the HELL is the Smoke monster?)

You can PM me, if you want or spoiler tag it. I just want to know if they will answer it or not, nothing specific at all. Yes/No would do :)

Just call him Brother, everyone else did for 40 years :rolleyes:

He didn't have a name I guess, his real mother said she hadn't thought up a name for him.

Interesting episode. :)

Jacob and MIB's real mother name is Claudia, she speak and is Spanish native I guess?

Board game also has Egypt symbols on there

ndvd039.jpg

I guess we'll find out more about what smokey is. Since current smokey/lost has mentioned having a crazy mother, I believe smokey is still the same person (who still wants to leave the island). And I guess locke turning that wheel and locke's dead body being on the island is what has him looking like locke permanently. Doesnt happen with Ben (who also turned the wheel) because ben is not dead.

But apart from that, I didnt understand anything from this episode xD

Crazy Mother's dialogs that May or may not be very important:

They don't belong here. We are here for a reason

Because they(people) are dangerous, and I didn't want them to frighten you

The same thing that makes all men dangerous. They come, they fight, they destory. They corrupt.

They came from another "part of the island" you are never going to look for them. If they find you, they will hurt you.

Cuz they are people, Jacob. That's what people do.

I made it so you can never hurt each other.

Light. The warmest, brightest light you've ever seen or felt. But we must make sure, no one ever finds it.

(It's Beautiful) That's why they want it. Because little bit of same light is inside of every man. But they always want more.

(Can they take it) No, but they will try. And if they try, they can put it Out. And if the light goes out here, it goes out everywhere.

So I protected this place, but it can't be protected forever. It will have to be one of you.

Whatever you have been told, you will never be able to leave the island.

If I let her live, she would taken you to her people. And these people are bad, Jacob. Very bad! I couldn't let you become one of them. I needed you to stay good.

(What's down there?) Life, Death, Rebirth, it's the source and heart of the Island.

Just promise me, whatever you do, don't ever go down there. It would worse than dying. Much worse.

Funny, another interesting thing is that light place, NO ONE else seem to be able to find it what gives?!!!!! How difficult could it be to find it?

Must be WELL Hidden!

After Brother killed Mother, she Thanked him and said "I won't let you leave Because I Love you"

The thing I got from this episode is that Jacob is not as good as he first seemed. He was always the one who initiated violence and beats up his younger brother. He knew going into the light was "worse than death" and yet he had no trouble tossing his bro into it.

Can't blame MIB for killing jacob.

This show has NO Black and white. Good and Evil aren't as clearly defined. It's COMPLEX! (Kate and Sawyer killed people, but were clearly thought as the GOOD guys) I don't think Jacob killed his brother, but he did initiate violence like you said and that's NOT exactly trait of a GOOD person. But with this show, Hey, he be a Saint! Plus the crazy mother may be right, but she killed all these people, and that's also NOT good. Plus, Jacob sides with her.

Speaking of her kill all these people. How did she? Can she transform into smoke monster too?

Sometimes, parts of the story really don't seem realistic and we need to see how things were done.

^Woah yeah really clear!

'Adam and Eve'... BTW, Kate was Delicious in Season 1 :drool:

That video of the last few seconds reminded me of the questions Jack and Kate prompted:

Kate: "Where did they come from?"

Jack: "Didn't I just shoot a polar bear yesterday?"

Kate: "Yeah."

Jack: "Where did that come from?"

Kate: "..."

Where did the polar bear come from? I don't think we've seen it since Season 1 but now they bring it up? Each answer the writers provide this season bring up three more questions in my mind. How can they wrap up this chaos they call Lost in just a few more episodes? ARRGGHHH!

Not sure if its just me who is confused about this:

Jacob put his brother's body and his fake mothers in the caves back in the early days (guessing it was somewhere before year 100 A.D). We see later in 1867 both of them sitting perfectly fine on the beach looking out at the Black Rock talking. How did MIB get his body back if it is sitting in the caves degraded into a skeleton if he had already died and been placed in the cave? Also when they are sitting looking out at the view in Richard's episode where Jacob has the wine bottle.

Did ABC/Hulu Reveal MIB's name?

Episode 6x16 - Sneak Peek 1

My guess is Esau isn't his real name. They are trying so hard to not reveal his name, today's episode would have been a perfect one to reveal it - probably just after he was born.

That video of the last few seconds reminded me of the questions Jack and Kate prompted:

Kate: "Where did they come from?"

Jack: "Didn't I just shoot a polar bear yesterday?"

Kate: "Yeah."

Jack: "Where did that come from?"

Kate: "..."

Where did the polar bear come from? I don't think we've seen it since Season 1 but now they bring it up? Each answer the writers provide this season bring up three more questions in my mind. How can they wrap up this chaos they call Lost in just a few more episodes? ARRGGHHH!

That was answered a long time ago. The polar bear came from the Dharma cages. They were used for experiments.