[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

The biggest question this episode raised that need more clarification is Jacob's Brother BECAME Smoke Monster, or the Smoke Monster was there all along & took his soul?

I think a big reason for people's disappointments is that there has been a huge expectation that the mythology of Lost is based on real mythology, when in fact the show has its own, unique mythology.

I think a big reason for people's disappointments is that there has been a huge expectation that the mythology of Lost is based on real mythology, when in fact the show has its own, unique mythology.

Isn't this excuse exactly the same as making stuff up as they go along, and like "Look viewers, it's not the mythology you know, we made up our own mythlogy so accept this show as the BEST thing on TV"

I don't buy it.

The reason people's disappointing IS exactly the producers/writers avoided answering MAJOR questions they raised, thus making everything seem not as credible as we believe it to be.

The issue isn't whether it's real or not, but in that they've created a massive mythology and in an episode that would have been perfect to have explained the origins of the mythology, they've given us yet more bits and pieces and ignored a large portion of the mythology they created.

Woah just noticed ABCLost on Youtube said the boy's name is Esau

Jacob and Esau have their fate sealed. Tune in to LOST, Tuesdays 9/8c on ABC. You can also watch full episodes of Lost at abc.go.com

esau.jpg

I can see a Lost 'EU' of sorts springing up. Sort of like what exists for Star Wars, an expanded universe of stories that are canon but do not effect the main storyline itself.

Only way to do it, now. And having new Lost books (at least) would be one way to get more money from the franchise without movies.

Psalm 23 "The Lord is my shepard" has anything to do with Jacob?

I am NO religion fanatic, you see.

May 23rd, 2:30 running time, Jack=23, Jack's Last name = Shepard.

was this image from you directly? It's not shopped?

No I did not photoshop it. :rolleyes:

What I did, if you are not familiar with Youtube.

1) goto www.youtube.com

2) Search for 'Lost'

3) Sort by 'Today'

I am NO Ke$ha fan, but this song is called "Lost Weekend"

If you are a Ke$ha fan though, might be a good choice to play NEXT weekend (Expects Lost tribute videos with this song :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbZatBvknLY

Could also be edited using a browser extension and then just get a screenshot of it. Not hard to fake at all.

The quote is real.

However, it doesn't necessarily have to be correct.

The person who wrote that description could be a lowly intern.

More likely the document the lowly intern read from says that.

Could also be edited using a browser extension and then just get a screenshot of it. Not hard to fake at all.

Or using Opera you don't even need an extension... you can make live changes to a page from it's source view :shifty:

Heh, seriously though, these next 3 and a half hours better be full of mindblowing exposition... but after watching that video with Kate being interviewed Im not hopeful - she says the finalie is going to end in true lost fashion... just after saying that a lost ending is usually just full of more questions >___< I think everyone would be rather ****ed off if it did end with large, open questions =/. If you're making a story, please do finish it! Don't leave it to us to make up =/

Mercy :rolleyes:

Sadly. the consensus is most people were disappointed in this episode everywhere.

If I were the writers/producers, I would make sure the Series Finale is mind-blowing and equally what viewers expect (NOT exactly, but similarly), cuz this is not a good thing I fear that this show is becoming a joke if questions are not getting answered in the end.

I completely disagree.

Mythology (Indus Valley Civilization disappearances, Sumerian culture's association with aliens, Maya use of technology way beyond its time, etc) is such a potent storytelling framework because we cannot reasonable ascertain what actually happened. Many times, the answers aren't nearly as interesting as the questions.

Abrams published a pretty interesting article in Wired a while back, and I would advise you to check it out:

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/17-05/mf_jjessay

Ultimately, I feel like shows like Lost give people a sense of the unknown in the age of immediacy and information. If the show attempts to answer everything, it will be disappointing because it will effectively eliminate the show's most potent element. I think this is exactly why Lindelof and Cuse said that they only have an obligation to answer only a portion of the questions associated with the show.

• Like 2

And, I disagree, because at this point if they don't answer, it will seem like this show was "Made up as they go along" the whole time.

NO fan should ever likes a show like that.

And, believe me, I have thought that was the case many times, but I HOPE it isn't so. I had some faith that the writers were knowing what they were doing from the beginning.

I agree that Mystery was the most potent element, but that's only for majority of the show but not the end. In the end, No mysteries!

Granted, we still have 3:30 hours left (So I will give them that benefit of doubt) ... anyone know series Finale will have commericials?

If so, really just about 2:30

Granted, we still have 3:30 hours left (So I will give them that benefit of doubt) ... anyone know series Finale will have commericials?

You can't be serious. Of course there will be commercials.

Anyone knows what language were they speaking at the beginning of the episode?

Sounded like Latin. I heard some dative constructions in the dialog that are distinctly that language. I would assume it sounds so odd because we aren't really sure how latin was spoekn.

It's Spanish.

Gracias is said. Unless another lanuage also say Gracias as Thank You.

You can't be serious. Of course there will be commercials.

I remember in the past there was on 24 I think or X-files, only 1 commerical that's the sponsor only at the beginning and the very end, but rest of the episode 0/Zero commericials.

No I did not photoshop it. :rolleyes:

What I did, if you are not familiar with Youtube.

1) goto www.youtube.com

2) Search for 'Lost'

3) Sort by 'Today'

No need to be patronizing. The reason why I asked is because the description already changed by the time I checked