[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

His hate for Widmore is what changed him. Ben has always made what he thinks are "sacrifices" for the island, but has never fully admitted he was wrong. The only time he came close to it was when he was talking to Smokey in his daughter's form. We were briefly shown his daughter's death again. This coupled with seeing Widmore moments later brought that anger out. He still blames him for his daughter's death and not himself.

Ben is more than likely still the character we have seen as of late, but he still wanted Widmore dead. Good or evil, this will never change.

Ah, that reminds me of what I think is a big continuity error.

Richard said he buried Alex after Ben left.

Then why was Smokey able to manifest as Alex in the tunnels? We have been led to believe that burying a body prevents Smokey from using it.

Then why was Smokey able to manifest as Alex in the tunnels? We have been led to believe that burying a body prevents Smokey from using it.

I don't recall that ever being established as a limitation for the man in black.

I don't recall that ever being established as a limitation for the man in black.

Then why the fascination with burying the dead? And when have we seen (except for Alex, now) him manifest as an buried body?

It wasn't explicitly stated, but remember when Paul died in 1974? And the first thing they were concerned with doing was burying the bodies of the Others? It wasn't to hide the bodies, because there were much better places to do that.

Kate's name was crossed out because she became a mother. So the Kwon name must have been for Jin and not Sun as Jin never knew his daughter and never connected to her while Sun did. Sawyer has the same thing.

Interesting read. This guy said what I said about Ben but much more eloquently. Also, this definitely plays on my observations that there is a fine line between good and evil. After watching "Across the Sea" it's quite apparent that Jacob as a child and throughout his life has behaved on impulses, whereas his brother has always been a person that takes his time and is quite meticulous. Jacob's brother has to be like this, otherwise he would have never been able to get Ben to stab Jacob.

I really can't wait for the story line to come to a close.

Also, episode. I believe you're wrong. In the series premiere, we see Christian Shepherd appear and was confirmed this season (although it was obvious) that it was Smokey. We all know about Christian's body, so I don't think he is limited to taking the form of only non-buried individuals.

Kate's name was crossed out because she became a mother. So the Kwon name must have been for Jin and not Sun as Jin never knew his daughter and never connected to her while Sun did. Sawyer has the same thing.

Mother on this show has always been treated completely differently than father.

Almost all of the father-son relationships are broken. Besides the sideways, of course.

Also, episode. I believe you're wrong. In the series premiere, we see Christian Shepherd appear and was confirmed this season (although it was obvious) that it was Smokey. We all know about Christian's body, so I don't think he is limited to taking the form of only non-buried individuals.

Christian's body was never seen. Remember the empty casket?

The first unanswered question about him on lostpedia is 'what happened to his body?' So we don't know whether it was buried or not. As we weren't shown, we have to assume it wasn't.

Besides Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley... the only ones left on the island are Ben and Miles and Desmond. We have to find out what they are up to still.

Rose and Bernard :whistle:

And Vincent...unless they all somehow died in the meantime

Christian's body was never seen. Remember the empty casket?

Exactly my point. He was never buried and all Jack was ever able to do was bury a box.

Exactly my point. He was never buried and all Jack was ever able to do was bury a box.

Right, and Smokey manifested as him. We were told that.

When have we ever seen a manifestation of a known buried body? Besides Alex.

Edit: Ah, I see the problem now. I put unburied in a post where I meant buried. Will edit.

Rose and Bernard :whistle:

And Vincent...unless they all somehow died in the meantime

Unless they are in their 90s or so, they're dead. Vincent is for sure.

Unless we do more time traveling.

Right, and Smokey manifested as him. We were told that.

Edit: Ah, I see the problem now. I put unburied in a post where I meant buried. Will edit.

Unless they are in their 90s or so, they're dead. Vincent is for sure.

Unless we do more time traveling.

What makes you think they stayed in the 70's..if they all jumped together in time before, why not the last time ?

Eko's brother.

Eboue: They spent 30 years on the island during the 70's time line. That's what he means about them being in their 90's.

Yemi wasnt buried was he?

He was just dead in the plane ages before the oceanic plane crash then they burned his body.

Eko's brother.

Eboue: They spent 30 years on the island during the 70's time line. That's what he means about them being in their 90's.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Yemi

Yemi's corpse was found on the island when the Drug smugglers' plane was discovered by Boone and Locke. Eko found the plane later on, recognized his brother and took his cross back. Eko burned the plane on a pyre, saying the Psalm 23. His body goes missing sometime between "The 23rd Psalm" and "The Cost of Living".

Not buried.

Then why the fascination with burying the dead? And when have we seen (except for Alex, now) him manifest as an buried body?

It wasn't explicitly stated, but remember when Paul died in 1974? And the first thing they were concerned with doing was burying the bodies of the Others? It wasn't to hide the bodies, because there were much better places to do that.

When he appeared as MiB at the end of season 5 (when you could see the black rock or whatever), he was using his own body, which Jacob buried himself. does that not count? And when he talked to richard when he came to the island

Pretty sure it was only 3 years and once time reset by the bomb they werent from that time period so they will probably have jumped with the rest of the guys.

When he appeared as MiB at the end of season 5 (when you could see the black rock or whatever), he was using his own body, which Jacob buried himself. does that not count?

Jacob didn't bury MiB, he laid him in the cave ... he's 'Adam' remember?

What makes you think they stayed in the 70's..if they all jumped together in time before, why not the last time ?

Ah good point. However, they were 'out'. They said they didn't want to be part of it anymore. That says to me they wouldn't be time traveling, just as the rest of the uninvolved people did not time travel.

Jacob didn't bury MiB, he laid him in the cave ... he's 'Adam' remember?

Well to me that sure as hell counts as burying a dead body. What MiB said when inquired about why he looked like Locke was "because you brought me his body". I thought it was clear the mere presence of the body in the island would do.

Well to me that sure as hell counts as burying a dead body. What MiB said when inquired about why he looked like Locke was "because you brought me his body". I thought it was clear the mere presence of the body in the island would do.

The caves were just open outcroppings of rock. Sunlight came in and everything. They were hardly akin to burying anything.

He looked like Locke because he needed to convince people he WAS Locke to put his loophole in motion.

Most of the castaways wanted to get off the island, so I don't think their desire to no longer be involved should have any effect on them being moved from 1977 to the present.

104 hours :|

Does Ben care that MiB promised him the island to himself to convince Ben to help him, and then a few minutes later tells him he's going to blow up the island? =/