[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/20/end.lost.next/index.html

"There's a lot of respect the show has for its viewers ... and it flies in the face of the so-called dumbing down of America. And I think that level of respect that the programmers extended is reciprocated by the love of the viewers," he says. "That level of intimacy and familiarity has been helped along by their very canny use of social media." He believes that the broadcast networks can have success by using the same strategies.

As the finale approaches, the wisdom of the decision is obvious. The show is earning the kind of attention most shows never get: a huge cover story in EW, a New York Times-hosted chat with producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof, expansion of the finale -- which will air in theaters in some locales -- to 2½ hours, with 30-second ads selling for $900,000, which approaches Oscar territory. Even the show's soundtrack composer, Michael Giacchino, was the subject of a major story in The New Yorker's "Innovators" issue.

ABC isn't skimping on "Lost" programming in general: the pilot will re-air Saturday and a two-hour retrospective will precede the finale, which will be followed by a special "Jimmy Kimmel Live." Moreover, the network is auctioning the props this summer, an event that should gather a pretty penny.

"I often wonder if the appeal of 'Lost' [is due to] some giant metaphorical structure -- people feeling marooned in their own lives, cut off," he says. "I think there's something about that show people can identify with and emotionally bond with over their own situation as well."

Jensen is getting ready to cut the cord. Once Sunday night is a memory and he's posted his last "Lost" blog, he's going to join a Time Inc. Habitat for Humanity house-building project in the Los Angeles, California, area.

"After being so in my head for so long about 'Lost,' this is a way to almost ritualistically honor the end of 'Lost,' " he says. "I can get out of my head and do something good."

He confesses he'll miss it, though. He can't help it. He's saying goodbye to friends, and he's hoping for a worthy send-off.

"As much as sometimes the mysteries have frustrated us, what has remained true through it all is these core characters -- we love them, and we're really invested in them, and we want to see how they end up," he says. "They're just really compelling people in a really exotic world."

Here's a line that still makes absolutely no sense:

Richard Alpert: Yes, I was here 30 years ago and yes I do remember these people. I remember meeting them very clearly because...I watched them all die.

Also, regarding the whole 'MiB vs buried/unburied bodies, on/off the island, etc'

Jack: Why John Locke?

The Man in Black: Because he was stupid enough to believe he had been brought here for a reason. Because he pursued that belief until it got him killed. And because you were kind enough to bring his body back here in a nice little wooden box.

Jack: And he had to be dead before you could look like him?

The Man in Black: That's right.

Richard Alpert: Yes, I was here 30 years ago and yes I do remember these people. I remember meeting them very clearly because...I watched them all die.

yeah that was an interesting line :pinch:

Also, regarding the whole 'MiB vs buried/unburied bodies, on/off the island, etc'

Jack: Why John Locke?

The Man in Black: Because he was stupid enough to believe he had been brought here for a reason. Because he pursued that belief until it got him killed. And because you were kind enough to bring his body back here in a nice little wooden box.

Jack: And he had to be dead before you could look like him?

The Man in Black: That's right.

I was meant to ask about that Richard Albert quote. Does he mean that when they time traveled after Juliet made the bomb go off? :/

About the MIB and dead bodies, it's too confusing..

Q&A from the NY Times hosted event. Very interesting answers from D&C, nothing spoilerish:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/17/your-lost-questions-answered/

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/19/more-lost-answers/

Jedi, please take note of this:

Q: In your 2005 interview with The Times you said, ?There can be things that are happening that are quote, phenomenal, but there?s always a scientific answer to it.? With ghosts and immortals (to name but two), you have clearly moved out of the realm where a scientific answer is possible for everything. Did you know that back in 2005 or realize it as the series went on?

?Alex, Seattle

DAMON LINDELOF: While we certainly don?t want to rewrite history (or do we?), the context of that quote applied to the show at the time. Certainly, the pilot strongly hinted at supernatural elements and by the end of Season 1, we saw ?the monster? was a being made of black smoke. Since that time, we?ve gone on record as ?letting our freak flag fly? into the realm of the supernatural, and although it has probably cost us some members of our audience, from the moment Locke got out of his wheelchair (in the fourth episode of the series) we knew the reason behind it was not going to be ?scientific.?

God, they didn't give a single freaking thing in those answers.

oh jeeze....this is going to be one massive mind **** come sunday night leaving you wanting more and not getting it :pinch: at least this thread will certainly continue with fan videos yay </sarcasm>

Perfect quote to sum up all 6 seasons of the show. I posted my similar thoughts on the show in the Finale thread. I'm surprised that they're revealing this before the finale:

Damon and Carlton spoke a LOT on the struggle of faith, reason, religion, empiricism, etc. Damon summarized the show in this way ?you have the Bible, it tells you, you do this and this, or there are consequences? and at the end of the day, you have to choose to have faith in that book, or not. So it really isn?t about that book, it?s about whether or not you decide to trust it.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/ny-times-talk-lost-live-event-writeup.html

I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of frustrated people on Sunday night. I can see the anger building already. :p

:rofl:

fWgw0.jpg

that's how its going to start :shifty:

More pics rappy! :p

Better than Fan Videos..

It's the writers fault not ours. So if the finale turns out to be lacking, I won't be recommending this show to anyone and my opinion of Lost would certainly decline.

Just because Richard is now dead, doesn't mean he isn't still on the island in some form.

VAGUE - haha. That reminds me of when Matrix Revolutions came out.

I don't get why so many hate Jack, cuz he is really a good man, just sometimes stubborn.... Still though, for the large part, he is NO worse than Sawyer!

God, they didn't give a single freaking thing in those answers.

Q. Will those of us who watched ?Lost? faithfully over the years have our faith rewarded like the characters of the show? Locke died confused and without answers.

?Clay, Brooklyn

A. MR. LINDELOF Clay, excellent question. Really, REALLY excellent question.

I wish we could know more of whats on this map, I mean I know alot has been explained but some hasn't like the closed off stations

738736287t.png

I still can't believe the whole Widmore fiasco isn't really expanded.

I didn't know there was much more to learn about him.

He wanted to exploit the island in season 4

Jacob showed him the err of his ways in season 6

I wish we could know more of whats on this map, I mean I know alot has been explained but some hasn't like the closed off stations

Was the map before or after the purge? It could of been a planned map (like with the cross out stations etc)

738736287t.png

Is the center spot the light perhaps ?

Is the center spot the light perhaps ?

They said it was the 'Pearl' Station. But I've always said, the question mark below it is the 'Pearl' Station. But how would Stuart know about 'Light' you have to be taken to it by the protector.

[images snipped]

Edited by John S.
don't circumvent the swear filter