[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

I don't think Jack passed his powers to Hurley correctly as he didn't say the same prayer as Jacob did when he passed it off.

Hurley telling Ben that he was a great #2 on the island pretty much nullifies that question.

does anyone here actually have a grip on what just happened.. I loved the finale, but i'm so confused as to waht's real and what wasn't

Everything before S5 was real. Everything that happened on the island was real.

Everything that happened during S6 off-island (besides the few scenes in Ab Aeterno) was in 'purgatory' (for lack of a better term). So basically, everything in the sideways timeline was fake.

I am pretty sure Bernard and Rose where there in the church. My guess is they have been ready to move on the whole time.

Yea just went back to that, completely missed them the first run through :p

So they denied Pugatory in the earlier seasons... :|

Well the island wasn't a purgatory. The flash-sideways was.

Hurley telling Ben that he was a great #2 on the island pretty much nullifies that question.

While I think that Hurley probably did get them since that water was already "blessed" by Jacob and MiB's "mother" if Jack didn't do it right, he didn't necessarily need to have the powers to protect the island.

Everything before S5 was real. Everything that happened on the island was real.

Everything that happened during S6 off-island (besides the few scenes in Ab Aeterno) was in 'purgatory' (for lack of a better term). So basically, everything in the sideways timeline was fake.

Once they died on the island they had to come to terms with it in the flash sideways. Still not sure where the people on the plane died, but it must have been after Jack died.

While I think that Hurley probably did get them since that water was already "blessed" by Jacob and MiB's "mother" if Jack didn't do it right, he didn't necessarily need to have the powers to protect the island.

I think simply the act of offering the drink and maybe saying, "Now you are like me." was all it took. The pre-drink prayer may have just been their way of ding it before.

Jack passed on the title. That is a much easier explanation than saying 'he didn't do it right but the water was already blessed'.

Also, Jack's dumb ass should have climbed out of the pool of water sooner.

Once they died on the island they had to come to terms with it in the flash sideways. Still not sure where the people on the plane died, but it must have been after Jack died.

No. Once they died. Doesn't matter if it was on the island or not. Christian did not die on the island.

Make sure you guys send @DamonLindelof and @CarltonCuse a tweet and thank them, even if you didn't fully love the ending.

so everything on the island was real.. MIB, jacob, smokey etc..?? It would have made more sense if that was purgatory imo..lol

Darkness. Evil incarnate.

Wonder if it was supposed to be a whole God/Devil thing then with Jacob and MiB. They overcame their flaws in their life and defeated the "Devil" and so when they all died they went to purgatory and then went to the afterlife.

so everything on the island was real.. MIB, jacob, smokey etc..?? It would have made more sense if that was purgatory imo..lol

Yes, everything on the island was real.

He should have, but he probably still would have died. It does not seem him being down in the pool of water really injured him in any way, he woke up outside, then went on a bit longer before lying down and dying.

Right. They said 'the island isn't purgatory'. It wasn't.

And why did Juliet said "It worked" with the bomb? If someone tells me "it worked" means I am still going to die, then I don't think it worked. :p

Wonder if it was supposed to be a whole God/Devil thing then with Jacob and MiB. They overcame their flaws in their life and defeated the "Devil" and so when they all died they went to purgatory and then went to the afterlife.

It was stated in the recap that while they were hinting toward that, it wasn't what they were exactly pointing toward. Good vs evil, light vs dark, god vs devil, its really all the same thing anyway.

Jack passed on the title. That is a much easier explanation than saying 'he didn't do it right but the water was already blessed'.

No. Once they died. Doesn't matter if it was on the island or not. Christian did not die on the island.

Good point about Christian, that clears up my thinking.

And why did Juliet said "It worked" with the bomb? If someone tells me "it worked" means I am going to die, then I don't think it worked.

She was getting the bleed over from her meeting Sawyer at the snack machine. She said the exact things there.

'It worked' and 'We can go dutch'.

Another thing I'm not sure I understand is Aaron in the purgatory. Other than making Charlie, Kate, and Claire remember, he shouldn't have been dead yet, so why was he there?

wow...

I had discussed with my wife several weeks back that the Losties were in some type of purgatory and they had to prove themselves somehow before moving on

The plane Sawyer, Kate, etc were on may have crashed later because the light/electromagnetism brought it down again?

JKL up in half an hour... I want to see the alt endings.

I have a feeling the alternate endings will just be spoofs... but I could be wrong :)

And why did Juliet said "It worked" with the bomb? If someone tells me "it worked" means I am still going to die, then I don't think it worked. :p

She caught a glimpse of what the flash sideways and everyone coming together at the end.

Another thing I'm not sure I understand is Aaron in the purgatory. Other than making Charlie, Kate, and Claire remember, he shouldn't have been dead yet, so why was he there?

'Some died long after you'.

No way to know how long that was. Also, it seemed like they could create things as they liked in purgatory, as we know Jack never had a son.

It was stated in the recap that while they were hinting toward that, it wasn't what they were exactly pointing toward. Good vs evil, light vs dark, god vs devil, its really all the same thing anyway.

Yeah, I was mostly thinking of it that way since "God" created the "Devil" in both the Bible and this story.

The purgatory was a timeless instance, I think. Some of the people in the room may have died decades after Jack (for Hugo, maybe centuries), but they all met in their most important forms, so to speak. It's unfortunate that Aaron's most important stage in his life was before he could walk.

'Some died long after you'.

No way to know how long that was. Also, it seemed like they could create things as they liked in purgatory, as we know Jack never had a son.

Yeah, I was mostly just wondering why he was a baby though and not the 3 year old that Kate took care of.