[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Ive just come to a personal revelation.

I was trying to make sense of the show, there has been many themes running throughout the show, life vs death, good vs evil.............. and science vs faith, as a man/mind of science its left an empty hole but as man/mind of faith i think it explained quite a lot and came to a wonderful ending with purgatory trying to put themselves right before they can move on into the afterlife which mirrors what Jack as been throughout the show he was a man of science struggling to understand John being the man of faith and ultimately in the end having faith, its pretty clever what they have done actually its quite an intelligent show just a shame not many people will understand.

Im not calling anyone thick its just what i feel and by looking at this thread all the people who were more concerned with the science and mystery are left with an empty hole and those that are more concerned with the faith are left fulfilled can accept it and can move on :p

Ive just come to a personal revelation.

I was trying to make sense of the show, there has been many themes running throughout the show, life vs death, good vs evil.............. and science vs faith, as a man/mind of science its left an empty hole but as man/mind of faith i think it explained quite a lot and came to a wonderful ending with purgatory trying to put themselves right before they can move on into the afterlife which mirrors what Jack as been throughout the show he was a man of science struggling to understand John being the man of faith and ultimately in the end having faith, its pretty clever what they have done actually its quite an intelligent show just a shame not many people will understand.

Im not calling anyone thick its just what i feel and by looking at this thread all the people who were more concerned with the science and mystery are left with an empty hole and those that are more concerned with the faith are left fulfilled and can move on :p

I'm still slightly confused to be honest.

(I'm too lazy to read the last 10 pages of the topic) Everything happened on the island is really, the sideways was purgatory?

I'm still slightly confused to be honest.

(I'm too lazy to read the last 10 pages of the topic) Everything happened on the island is really, the sideways was purgatory?

Yes everything from s1-s6 really happened including the flash back and fowards, the flash sideways from s6 where the characters after their death trying to come to terms with dying.

I kinda want my 6 years back, I still stand by Season 2 was my favourite season, Season 6 was all over the place but yeah it was a good series but in my eyes was it the best ever...no not by a long way.

I kinda want my 6 years back, I still stand by Season 2 was my favourite season, Season 6 was all over the place but yeah it was a good series but in my eyes was it the best ever...no not by a long way.

I think thats what they want you to feel, if you were more concered with the science then you are left feeling empty and like the characters in purgatory have to come to terms with it before you can accept it and move on.

I think thats what they want you to feel, if you were more concered with the science then you are left feeling empty and like the characters in purgatory have to come to terms with it before you can accept it and move on.

Pretty much what they did at the end. Time to let go. The ending was great, but the journey to end was fantastic :)

And thanks for clearing that up.

maybe I just never really liked Season 6 from the first episode so I suppose I would of hated the finale

*shrugs*

maybe I just never really liked Season 6 from the first episode so I suppose I would of hated the finale

*shrugs*

You are damned to roam purgatory forever then!!!!!!!! :)

good call Richard. I loved the last episode (as heart wrenching as it was.)

really made me reflect on my friends and family (the people around me). cheers to the writers for a great show!

I'm a bit ambiguous about the ending right now, but right now I feel it's a cop-out. Purgatory? For real? What a cheap way to be able to kill characters and then bring everyone together and be happy again.

I actually think I would have liked it more if the flash sideways thing was an alternate reality created by Hurley (or whoever was the current guardian of the island), and everyone would be able to live their lives there. But purgatory?

And was this purgatory thing something Jacob or one of his successors made? Is it related to the island at all? Or is it just the way they picture Christianity?

It just feels so cheap and cheesy at the moment. I'll need to give it some time.

I also feel that I want to know more. Since Hurley said Ben was a good #2 he presumably became the "immortal" guardian. But now he's apparently dead. So he handed the job to someone else. Who? Do I sense a spinoff coming up? :p

Forget about the spoilers. I think if you think about it, it's somewhat predictable about what will happen.

And what was that?

Also a call sheet and a script page was leaked.

URL?

It just feels so cheap and cheesy at the moment. I'll need to give it some time.

+1 I think as I said I will need to go back one day but not for a few years....atm bitterly disappointed.

So they denied Pugatory in the earlier seasons... many people thought it was that back then :|

They said the island wasn't a purgratory. The alt timeline was.

The plane Sawyer, Kate, etc were on may have crashed later because the light/electromagnetism brought it down again?

The plane didn't crash. It probably landed safely. And they all lived normal lives. Then they died, and ended up in (ugh) purgatory/limbo.

The problem with this, of course, is the obvious contradiction from the authors: They said people want to see what happened to the characters they love. Yeah, we saw Jack die. But what about everyone else? We did not see what happened to them. The characters. Even though the writers said that was what really matters.

She caught a glimpse of what the flash sideways and everyone coming together at the end.

So what worked? They would have come together anyway. Unless MIB had to be dead for it to happen, but there's no

I think what troubles me is that what happened on the island has no real relevance to the ending. Jack could have won. Smokey could have won. Eventually they would all die, and they would end up in this purgatory thing anyway. The island is just irrelevant to that.

So the ending didn't really affect the island, whereas I would expect the island to be at least relevant, seeing as it's what we've been looking at for six damn seasons.

Yeah, I think that's one of the things that trouble me about the ending.

The plane didn't crash. It probably landed safely. And they all lived normal lives. Then they died, and ended up in (ugh) purgatory/limbo.

The problem with this, of course, is the obvious contradiction from the authors: They said people want to see what happened to the characters they love. Yeah, we saw Jack die. But what about everyone else? We did not see what happened to them. The characters. Even though the writers said that was what really matters.

So what worked? They would have come together anyway. Unless MIB had to be dead for it to happen, but there's no

I think what troubles me is that what happened on the island has no real relevance to the ending. Jack could have won. Smokey could have won. Eventually they would all die, and they would end up in this purgatory thing anyway. The island is just irrelevant to that.

So the ending didn't really affect the island, whereas I would expect the island to be at least relevant, seeing as it's what we've been looking at for six damn seasons.

Yeah, I think that's one of the things that trouble me about the ending.

I understand what you're saying, fair point :/

I didn't expect answers and wanted resolution, and boy did I get it.

How did you get resolution? I don't feel that I got it at all. I could try to explain it, but just read my last few posts in this thread ;)

If we are supposed to care about the characters, why don't we see what Kate, Sawyer and the rest care about after they leave on the plane? Oh, because the show wasn't about the characters after all even though the writers said it was? Geez.

I think what troubles me is that what happened on the island has no real relevance to the ending

The whole point of the island was for Jack to go through all these 'trials' to understand what was missing in his life. dont take the island as a piece of land - its more of a metaphor.

If kate, claire and sawyer didn't die... and went away on the plane...

They did die, after some years. And then they ended up in purgatory. Just like Hurley, who probably lived for centuries until he got someone else to take over as guardian of the island

Why were they in purgatory

Um, because, um... Christianity or something? Yeah. That is indeed a good question.

Is the island relevant for the purgatory at all? If their experiences on the island is what brings them together in this purgatory, where do they end up?

I didn't mean left hanging so much as I meant what I now realize was just another a huge misdirection done by the writers which in a lot of people were led to believe that there was some bigger thing happening with Eloise/Whidmore, the electromagnetism, etc, etc. Ultimately they left us with a much better ending anyways.

What you are saying is that they strung us along, and made us believe that the ending would be related to the electromagnetism and all that, but then they pulled a cheap shortcut instead of closing it in a creative and proper fashion?

I'm sick and tired of these Sopranos, Lost and other shows that end like this crap.. all trying to be "artistic" and they don't wrap up anything.

Oh, Lost was wrapped up. It's just that it was done in a cheap way.

My theory toward the end was that "sideways" was a construct built by Hurley, to give everyone a happy-ever-after.

Yes, this was what I thought about too. But instead it was this "go to heaven" stuff. Which seems cheap.

I was actively avoiding coming to the "purgatory" theory because it was debunked around season 1. I was a little disappointed it turned out to be it, though.

No, the island was not a purgatory. That was what they debunked.

haha, I like how all of these big overarching shows nowadays have to jump to mysticism and spritiual ideas to cover up the massive plot holes and unexplainable ideas they have created over the years. "God/A wizard did it"

Battlestar Galactica was the same, Ashes to ashes was the same (tho that made sense) Quantum leap was the same back in the day.

That's not to say I didn't like these shows, it's just I think it's lazy story telling.

The whole point of the island was for Jack to go through all these 'trials' to understand what was missing in his life. dont take the island as a piece of land - its more of a metaphor.

Eh, what? The island was a metaphor? The whole show was just about Jack?

Hey, if that's where we're going, maybe the whole show happened inside Jack's head! He actually died in the first episode of the first season, but the whole show is what he saw as he was dying.

One could interpret it that way too.

haha, I like how all of these big overarching shows nowadays have to jump to mysticism and spritiual ideas to cover up the massive plot holes and unexplainable ideas they have created over the years. "God/A wizard did it"

Battlestar Galactica was the same, Ashes to ashes was the same (tho that made sense) Quantum leap was the same back in the day.

That's not to say I didn't like these shows, it's just I think it's lazy story telling.

Alias is an example of how to end a show properly. Or the original scrubs JD ending.

I personally don't care for how things turned out - having some spiritual meaning etc. This I don't agree with though. I think it was clear that if Jacob's brother won, there would be an end to it all - including the afterlife