[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Alias is an example of how to end a show properly. Or the original scrubs JD ending.

yes! Alias is in my top favourite shows of all time purely because it was ended the right way and yeah like Scrubs you said.

You guys actually thought Alias ended the right way? It's been a while but I don't really remember caring about how it ended. I could have been jaded by how things turned out after the second season though

WTF they explained 90 percent of that stuff in the final season are you dumb?

Now i have thought about it a bit more... SOME where answered however 90% Weren't.

You guys actually thought Alias ended the right way? It's been a while but I don't really remember caring about how it ended. I could have been jaded by how things turned out after the second season though

I think all shows that go on for many a season will have times where its utter bilge and not good at all, Lost has certainly had its times where people on this forum will totally agree it was crap...then it got better and went down again.

I think what CC and DL has done well is creating the conversations around the net about Lost, it will be discussed for years and years. I won't thank them for the show because atm I dont think they deserve it just yet not until I really take it in which could take years.

Eh, what? The island was a metaphor? The whole show was just about Jack?

Hey, if that's where we're going, maybe the whole show happened inside Jack's head! He actually died in the first episode of the first season, but the whole show is what he saw as he was dying.

One could interpret it that way too.

Which, to me, makes a lot more sense. Having read so many comments regarding the sideways timelines as metaphors for purgatory, I'm inclined more to the entire Lost scenario being a figment of Jacks dying mind.

this was quite funny....Mark Pellegrino is awesome!

can we make this thread get to 4000 replies?

this was quite funny....Mark Pellegrino is awesome!

can we make this thread get to 4000 replies?

That video was great! :laugh:

What are we on now?

I think everyone will appreciate the ending more if they watch it in say a few months time.

I think thats what they want you to feel, if you were more concered with the science then you are left feeling empty and like the characters in purgatory have to come to terms with it before you can accept it and move on.

Thats right. It was a character show. If you watched for the characters first, you should be happy. If you watched for the mysteries and the science, you're disappointed because you didn't get enough answers. Heres the thing about the answers though: you would have always wanted more.

The more I think about it, the more I realize this was the only fitting way to end the show.

Which, to me, makes a lot more sense. Having read so many comments regarding the sideways timelines as metaphors for purgatory, I'm inclined more to the entire Lost scenario being a figment of Jacks dying mind.

He was told 'the time you spent with these people was the most important of your life'. So yes, the island was real. Only the FSW were purgatory.

What are we on now?

3634 at this time

I dont think we should worry Jedi will find some fan videos to post :p

i can understand not liking the ending. It veered away from the sci-fi portion of the show to more of a life lesson/tear jerker...

Which is what the show always was. The sci-fi stuff was always just a backdrop.

3634 at this time

I dont think we should worry Jedi will find some fan videos to post :p

Haha :p Should add up all the posts from the past threads, just to see how many posts have been made on Neowin about Lost. Must be about 10,000 :|

PS - You can also add 'The End' to the list of episodes on the first post!

Haha :p Should add up all the posts from the past threads, just to see how many posts have been made on Neowin about Lost. Must be about 10,000 :|

I should really just replace the first post with the end credits :p and a picture of Vincent

I think its more than 10k.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/658010-lost-season-5/page__st__2960 - 2977

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/584452-lost-season-4/page__st__3640 - 3678

Just these three threads are approaching 10k. I don't know if there are S1,2,3 threads, but there are other lost threads.

I'm still wrapping my mind around all that happened. So much has been left for interpretation, that I almost feel like they could have ended the series at the end of last season, when Juliet hits the bomb and the screen goes to white... and we would have been just as satisfied and our own interpretations would have been discussed. Sure a few questions were answered this season, but so many more were created.

This last episode was very moving and, yes, beautiful as they said it would be. But in the last 10 minutes or so, I sat there with a blank stare, thinking to myself, seriously?! I get it, I do, but it was a total mind-blow... Something I thought was so obvious from day 1, that it just couldn't be how it ended --- everyone dies. Then I'm reminded of Jacob's statement at the end of Season 5... "It all ends the same, everything else is just progress"

One other thing I would have liked to see was Richard reconnecting with his wife in the FSW... but I understand why that didn't happen (it would have totally given away the purgatory-like idea)...

I think its more than 10k.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/658010-lost-season-5/page__st__2960 - 2977

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/584452-lost-season-4/page__st__3640 - 3678

Just these three threads are approaching 10k. I don't know if there are S1,2,3 threads, but there are other lost threads.

Check the first post ;)

I was really gutted straight after it. But now looking back I guess it was a good ending. Just hope the encyclopaedia answers some more!

I was really gutted straight after it. But now looking back I guess it was a good ending. Just hope the encyclopaedia answers some more!

That's what I'm hoping on!

lets hope so, theres so much that could be explained.

Didn't they said, they were showing the "Hurley Bird" once again?

They said they would try and answer it's meaning. Something that might be covered in the encyclopaedia.

Sunday?s Lost finale was a ?television event?, but how big a ?ratings event? will it be?

I?d be surprised if it came close to its series viewership highs from past seasons. If that Wikipedia linked chart is correct, its second season premiere was over 23 million viewers. That?s almost twice any episode so far this season.

I wouldn?t be surprised to see its highest viewership and 18-49 ratings for this season, but I don?t think that series highs are in any danger of falling.

For reference, this season?s Lost premiere episode averaged 12.09 million viewers (Live+Same Day), and the most recent Tuesday episode (5/18) averaged 10.47 million viewers

just got done watching it. seems that black folks dont get to go to heaven. :rolleyes: all there but michael and walt. i remember walt was supposed to be this special little boy. the finale left more questions that it answered im afraid.

just got done watching it. seems that black folks dont get to go to heaven. :rolleyes: all there but michael and walt. i remember walt was supposed to be this special little boy. the finale left more questions that it answered im afraid.

Rose was there.

Michael is a tortured soul roaming the island and Walt isnt dead.

Walt died eventually, as did everyone else that was still alive when Jack died. There is no time in the flash sideways. Would have been nice to have seen him though.