[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

-How did Hawkings seem to know so much all the time (desmonds time travel stuff, and the limbo stuff)

-Who actually built the statue etc - Even a brief flashback to some time before Jacob's mum to give a teaser would have been enough? Yes they're making out that it's not really part of "this story" but when they put so much emphasis on them in earlier seasons people expect some resolution on the Egyptian mythology

-Why was Walt special?

Why did pregnant women on the island die? When did it start happening?

What happened to Christian's body (in the original timeline)?

Why did Radzinsky shoot himself?

Jacob/MiB's mother, her past? Her powers, how did she kill all the people in the village for example?

Sooo many more but that's what I can think of to add atm.

and so it ends. the final episode was very touching, not only because of the story, which was well written despite some important omissions, but because a period in our lives ended. we had this show with us for five and a half years, that's a chunk of time. think of all that's happened to you in that time and to the people you know. that time is gone, never to be reclaimed. for those who cared about Lost, a constant has passed, for those who didn't - well, those years have still gone. will miss having an episode of Lost or a season to look forward to, for good and bad. here's to you and here's to lives and times.

EDIT: come on, Jacob's faux mom killed most of the original others because she was already in smoke monster form, duh.

just got done watching it. seems that black folks dont get to go to heaven. :rolleyes: all there but michael and walt. i remember walt was supposed to be this special little boy. the finale left more questions that it answered im afraid.

but that was already explained

Michael doesn't get to move on because he murdered two people

his spirit is trapped on the island

Harold Perrineau confirmed that on Jimmy Kimmel

Rose is black and she is at the church in the end.....

but that was already explained

Michael doesn't get to move on because he murdered two people

his spirit is trapped on the island

Harold Perrineau confirmed that on Jimmy Kimmel

Rose is black and she is at the church in the end.....

But many other people committed murder on the island... Sayid, Ben, Jack, Locke to name a few

or is it because Micheal was selfish, and not doing it for the island?

it was probably something personal/professional that got Harold out of the finale, or maybe he wanted nothing to do with it. who knows. it was an alarming omission, though. and the plane backing out with no pushback was a little disconcerting even though i guess it can be done, sort of.

Live Together Die...With Vincent :p

That part was beautifully done in my opinion :yes:

425.bart.SIMPSONS.lost.tg.052410.jpg

Simpsons chalkboard gag last night. lol.

you see this show was all about vincent...I vote he gets a spinoff

Simpsons chalkboard gag last night. lol.

:rofl:

At least it's better than the way The Sopranos ended :p

Fine episode, could've been better though. Nothing even measures to the way Six Feet Under ended.

Also, I personally think that if anyone starts watching Lost in a couple of months (instead of six years), the ending would have really sucked.

Can somebody please explain the following:

- How could the plane with kate, miles, lapidus, sawyer,.. 'just' fly home when there's clearly no way of leaving the island? For example, the boat Michael & Walt took had the follow a specific bearing 325 (if i remember correctly). The whole 6 seasons made us clear there's no 'just' leaving the island. What with that now?

- Why is widmore dragged in all this? Why did he want to destroy the island with his boat and stuff?

Thanks!

At least it's better than the way The Sopranos ended :p

Fine episode, could've been better though. Nothing even measures to the way Six Feet Under ended.

Also, I personally think that if anyone starts watching Lost in a couple of months (instead of six years), the ending would have really sucked.

funny you say that, I have seen alot of people on Twitter/Facebook today saying that.

- How could the plane with kate, miles, lapidus, sawyer,.. 'just' fly home when there's clearly no way of leaving the island? For example, the boat Michael & Walt took had the follow a specific bearing 325 (if i remember correctly). The whole 6 seasons made us clear there's no 'just' leaving the island. What with that now?

- Why is widmore dragged in all this? Why did he want to destroy the island with his boat and stuff?

Thanks!

The helicopter took a bearing of 305 degrees going too and from the freighter im guessing he took the same bearing in the plane.

Widmore wanted the island for himself, im guessing he knew about the light at the heart of the island and he wanted it. He wasnt trying to destroy the island he was just trying to kill everyone on it.

Thanks!

The island was "offline" or dead when Desmond pulled the plunger, along with its electromagnetic properties ;) Or.... you should also remember Lapedis fly to and back the island twice by helicopter, thus he knew the way.

The island was "offline" or dead when Desmond pulled the plunger, along with its electromagnetic properties ;)

They took off after Jack put the plunger back in and staggered out into the jungle.

Oh ok, then the following question:

- Did the island then eventually REALLY sink as seen in the beginning of season 6? After Hurley & Ben died? Or..?

During the scene with Hurley and Ben, Ben says that it was Jacob's rule that you couldn't leave the island and the Hurley to can change the rules and do it right... so that's how they were able to leave.

789093746.jpg

Back in late January we reported all the details about ABC/Disney's August 24th releases of Lost - The Complete 6th and Final Season on DVD and on high-def Blu-ray Disc' date=' along with (on the same day) a release of Lost - The Complete Collection (with "one full disc of bonus exclusive to the Complete Collection...at least two hours of content" per the studio), also on both DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc.

There hasn't been much to say since then, because everything's been kept covert leading up to last night's big event with the series finale. That's included final package art for the DVDs and Blu-rays of the upcoming titles named above. Following the show's wrap-up last night, though, Jimmy Kimmel (Jimmy Kimmel Live) hosted an "Aloha to Lost" special, featuring live interviews with much the cast, plus some fun videos (montages and parody "alternate endings", etc.) that were a nice bit of icing on the cake. Near the end of the special, as they went to commercial, a picture came up showing the finalized package art at last! We've got a quick screen capture of that for you below; it's not the sharpest/clearest picture you'll find, but it's the best we could come up with at short notice (note that we cropped off the sides of this picture to make it fit better in our limited space, but the rest of the image was just more jungle).

Also, rumors have been flying around the 'net that the DVDs and Blu-rays may contain MORE explanations than the show had time to explore on-air. Material not mentioned in the original announcement info last January (because even showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse wouldn't have known yet that they wanted to do it). Material that they couldn't even squeeze into a 2-and-a-half hour finale. Some rumors say "10-15 minutes", others say "upwards of 20". Some of the websites passing this info along are very reliable, but please keep in mind that this has NOT been officially announced by the studio, so we're not certain yet that this is for-sure.

However, Jimmy Kimmel seems to have heard the same rumors: after the special, he conducted an online Q&A session between the cast and members of the audience, which can be found at his official site as well as on Hulu. It's 11 minutes long, and the first 9.5 minutes of it are full of spoilers for people who haven't seen the show's entire run yet. But the last minute-and-a-half only contain the mildest of spoilers, where cast members admit that even they don't have all the answers to some fan questions. Kimmel responds, "I've heard, and I don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but I've heard that on the Blu-ray there are explanations for certain things that weren't in the finale." So there you go![/quote']

Great finale. I think I preferred the actual ending to the the rest of the episode to be honest though. When it first finished it took a while to sink in, but overall it couldn't have been done much better.

Bit disappointing about the lack of answers, but ultimately it does show that Lost was about the characters and their journeys.

funny you say that, I have seen alot of people on Twitter/Facebook today saying that.

I think it's because the ending felt a bit similar to that of SFU.

from BBC

"It ended as it had begun with Jack lying in the same bamboo forest in which we first met him in episode one. Back then Jack opened his eyes for the first time on the island, this time around he closed them for the last.

Yes, the finale could be accused of being a bit melodramatic and certainly there were many issues left unaddressed.

Whatever happened to Michael and Walt? What was the significance of the Egyptian statue on the island? What about the temple? Why, at the beginning of this series, was the island underwater?

Discussions will likely rage for years to come but if there is any lesson from the final episode, then it is that sometimes you just have to let go."

- every single solitary event from S1-S6 happened, with the exception of the S6 flashsideways

- Jack died in the jungle, Kate/Sawyer/Miles/Frank/Richard/Claire flew away, Ben and Hurley stayed on the island

- Kate and Co. went home, led their lives, grew old, died

- Hurley and Ben eventually died

- Once they all died, they arrived in the flashsideways, which is your purgatory

- They all needed to find eachother and be together again before they could move on

- They did at the end

Do You think Kate and Sawyer got back home safe, and they had MORE sex and they maybe married?

From the sideways, I don't think or got the impression Kate and Sawyer really want each other. It was Jack, who Kate want/miss.

Jate!!!