[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Just seen the last episode.

While I am a little saddened, I would say I am happy with the way it ended.

I am a bit confused on how some people died before, some after, yet they all seemed to be in the same alternate universe thing, which now seemed to revolve around Jack moving on. What happened to the people who escaped? It would have been better to know how Dharma found the island and more of what they did.

It's a shame they didn't have more characters like the French lady, Richard maybe even Jacob, unless they were keeping it specifically for 815 passengers only? BUt then how was Hurley there as surely He was given the power by Jack to be like Richard, a live forever sort of guy, so surely He remains on the island?

Still very good, and at some point in the future, I'll buy the Blu-Ray set, but it'll be a good time yet :)

Just seen the last episode.

While I am a little saddened, I would say I am happy with the way it ended.

I am a bit confused on how some people died before, some after, yet they all seemed to be in the same alternate universe thing, which now seemed to revolve around Jack moving on. What happened to the people who escaped? It would have been better to know how Dharma found the island and more of what they did.

It's a shame they didn't have more characters like the French lady, Richard maybe even Jacob, unless they were keeping it specifically for 815 passengers only? BUt then how was Hurley there as surely He was given the power by Jack to be like Richard, a live forever sort of guy, so surely He remains on the island?

Still very good, and at some point in the future, I'll buy the Blu-Ray set, but it'll be a good time yet :)

Moving on was for all of them, not just Jack. Obviously the moving on part occurred after everyone was dead. When they died and when they were part of the sideways can be picked apart, but I think that's reading too much into it than is intended (it's along the lines of what happens to people that die in the sideways? Is it really them dying or just a memory of that person for the sake of the one going through the experience? And, if they die, are they forever in limbo or is their soul forever dead? It's not vital and over complicates the scenario imho).

Dharma found the island because of the Lamp Post station under the church; they both had pockets of electromagnetic energy that were linked. You can read more about it here: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lamp_Post

Hurley was a member of flight 815, and it wasn't just restricted to those passengers. Desmond and Penny were among the people at the church, and had Ben been ready to move on, he would've been there as well. Jack passed the role of protector of the island to Hurley, not made him like Richard. If anything, Ben likely filled the role of Richard on the island. Hurley died "long after" Jack, but being the island's protector isn't permanent as it lasts as long as they can do it.

If the island is real, and the alternate timeline happened after that,

could someone explain why Claire and Sun already had their babies at the island´s time,

but in the alternate timeline they are still pregnant of them?

Why are so many having a hard time to stop taking things literally.

because alot of the people love the show to much to let it go which is awesome, it's something that was in their life for 6 years so its like a family member.

Why are so many having a hard time to stop taking things literally.

Because in the first season the producers promised everything would be explained in a rational way.

That's what kept many of us intrigued (and hooked to the show) to know what would it be.

And now, they've ended this way...

Right ... don?t take things literally... and is all about characters... :angry:

You guys watch Season 1 again, don't tell me that is was never about redemption. All of the characters had something to fix, something they could change about themselves. John Locke was the only one who knew that being on the island was only a means to end. Unfortunately, he didn't live to see the end.

It was in my life for 6 years too. I loved every bit of it, and I will keep watching it all over again, for many years to come.

You guys watch Season 1 again, don't tell me that is was never about redemption. All of the characters had something to fix, something they could change about themselves. John Locke was the only one who knew that being on the island was only a means to end. Unfortunately, he didn't live to see the end.

It was in my life for 6 years too. I loved every bit of it, and I will keep watching it all over again, for many years to come.

I really want to watched all the seasons again!

Was thinking about Room 23 and the video. "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" Referring to when they tried to to change the future and failed?

[snip]

Right ... don?t take things literally... and is all about characters... :angry:

Totally agree. The whole show was about the characters more then the island and if you rewatch season 1 like I currently am, you see it's all about them. Season 1 is very good IMO

You'll be thinking the same on your death bed, trying to piece it all together, but you'll still die, your story will still end and life will go on for everybody else.

No I won't think the same on my death bed because, seemingly unlike you, I am able to tell the difference between a TV show and real life :D

People that want questions answered about the island and its origins and the mythology that surround it clearly didn't "get" the show.

Nonsense. You are in no position to say anything whatsoever about what other people "got". You are not the ultimate authority on good writing and story-telling. Go back to your corner now.

how was it not a cohesive whole, I understood it.

The ending had got nothing to do with the rest of the show. It was just some generic happy happy feelgood crap with no connection to the storyline.

If you need an answer on who built the statue

I don't. I couldn't care less about answers at this point. Right now I just wish the ending had anything whatsoever to do with the rest of the show.

The show has always been about the characters. The island and the strange activities have always been the second priority.

On the contrary, it has always been a combination. The mysteries and the island have always been key to the show's appeal.

Im starting to think that those that didnt like the ending or the show for that matter, didnt religiously watch it.

No, the people who liked the ending are the casual ones who just want feelgood crap as an ending. I re-watched the previous season on DVD before watching the next season. I also read discussions, analyses, and watched summary episodes.

I think its an important aspect of the show to see it from start to finish to be able to fully appreciate it and understand it.

I did understand and appreciate the show. Which is why it's a kick in the nuts that the ending had nothing to do with the rest of the show.

The last few mins alone made the whole "sideways" make sense.

So? Do you really think people don't get what the sideways was?

There is never going to be a perfect story of this kind of magnitude that lost offered. You will always find plot holes, its concentrating on those plot holes that will ruin it for you.

At this point I'm beyond the regular plot holes. There's just one huge hole that bothers me: The ending has got nothing to do with the rest of the show.

The show is about the people not the island

Wrong. Even the writers described the island as a character, and without the island story, the show would have been amazingly boring. Trying to pretend that the island and mysteries didn't matter is just crazy.

Why, yes it is. Back in 2005, at a Paley Center event, Abrams fielded a question about his favorite fan theories on what Lost is about — and his answer kinda flies directly in the face of the finale.

No, it does not. He was referring to the island.

ABC has sent over full details on the DVD/Blu-ray releases of Lost: Season Six and Lost: The Complete Collection, including images of the box art.

Well well, wouldn't you know... The show that is "all about the characters" does all its promotion and DVD stuff by showing off all the mysteries instead. Nice contradiction there, bozos.

Another contradiction is how the producers want people to let it (mysteries) go and still they want people to keep discussing the (mysteries of the) show for years and years.

All this "all about the character" crap is just a bunch of ****ty excuses for their inability to roll up the loose strings.

Well well, wouldn't you know... The show that is "all about the characters" does all its promotion and DVD stuff by showing off all the mysteries instead. Nice contradiction there, bozos.

Another contradiction is how the producers want people to let it (mysteries) go and still they want people to keep discussing the (mysteries of the) show for years and years.

All this "all about the character" crap is just a bunch of ****ty excuses for their inability to roll up the loose strings.

Seemed to me like it was all based around the characters considering the flashbacks, flash-sideways, and flashfowards were all about the characters . Pretty much the whole season 1 is based around the characters. The island is the environment around them. We knew the answers to a lot of mysteries however the characters didn't.

By the way you don't need to 'attack' others and use violent words because they have a different opinion. No need to post 5 times in a row to get your point across.

Seemed to me like it was all based around the characters considering the flashbacks, flash-sideways, and flashfowards were all about the characters . Pretty much the whole season 1 is based around the characters. The island is the environment around them. We knew the answers to a lot of mysteries however the characters didn't.

Your comment is irrelevant to what you are quoting. I am pointing out how the producers are contradicting themselves with their ****ty excuses for not being able to write a proper story. You are still making the false claim that it was all about the characters, when the actions and words of the producers themselves prove otherwise.

And season 1, too, was based around characters experiencing mysteries. The combination is what made Lost interesting.

Your comment is irrelevant to what you are quoting. I am pointing out how the producers are contradicting themselves with their ****ty excuses for not being able to write a proper story. You are still making the false claim that it was all about the characters, when the actions and words of the producers themselves prove otherwise.

And season 1, too, was based around characters experiencing mysteries. The combination is what made Lost interesting.

Well said (Y)

Maybe I think your comments are completely irrelevant. No need to get so angry over other opinions. I and a lot of others think Lost is a brilliant story with very creative writers. Sure half the questions weren't answered but the ending satisfied me.

Top 50 Episodes! (according to IGN!)

50. "Par Avion" (Season 3)

49. "White Rabbit" (Season 1)

48. "Numbers" (Season 1)

47. "Confidence Man" (Season 1)

46. "Lockdown" (Season 2)

45. "?" (Season 2)

44. "Meet Kevin Johnson" (Season 4)

43. "Enter 77" (Season 3)

42. "The Variable" (Season 5)

41. "Lighthouse" (Season 6)

40. "The 23rd Psalm" (Season 2)

39. "Follow the Leader" (Season 5)

38. "A Tale of Two Cities" (Season 3)

37. "The Substitute" (Season 6)

36. "The Moth" (Season 1)

35. "Deus Ex Machina" (Season 1)

34. "The Man Behind the Curtain" (Season 3)

33. "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues" (Season 1)

32. "Because You Left" (Season 5)

31. "Beginning of the End" (Season 4)

30. "Cabin Fever" (Season 4)

29. "Dr. Linus" (Season 6)

28. "I Do" (Season 3)

27. "LA X" (Season 6)

26. "The Brig" (Season 3)

25. "The Cost of Living" (Season 3)

24. "Happily Ever After" (Season 6)

23. "The Other 48 Days" (Season 2)

22. "Flashes Before Your Eyes" (Season 3)

21. "Not in Portland" (Season 3)

20. "What They Died For" (Season 6)

19. "Exodus, Part 2" (Season 1)

18. "Man of Science, Man of Faith" (Season 2)

17. "The Candidate" (Season 6)

16. "LaFleur" (Season 5)

15. "The Man From Tallahassee" (Season 3)

14. "Greatest Hits" (Season 3)

13. "The Incident" (Season 5)

12. "There's No Place Like Home, Parts 2 & 3" (Season 4)

11. "The Long Con" (Season 2)

10. "The End" (Season 6)

9. "The Shape of Things to Come" (Season 4)

8. "Jughead" (Season 5)

7. "Dead is Dead" (Season 5)

6. "Ab Aeterno" (Season 6)

5. "Walkabout" (Season 1)

4. "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" (Season 5)

3. "Pilot" (Season 1)

2. "Through the Looking Glass" (Season 3)

1. "The Constant" (Season 4)

Source: IGN