[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Interesting that Star Wars line though...

Maybe Jack has really gone to the dark side, but in the end WILL be bought back to the good side AKA the Anakin line via Hurley

Just watched it. Loved it, especially the flash sideways. Ending was also pretty good!

Based on the promo pictures for next week on Dark UFO, I don't think Jack has turned to the dark side because it clearly shows him unlocking all the losties who are in the Dharma cages.

Below in my theory are big big spoilers that may be true. Warning to anyone who does not want to know any deaths/plot for the next few episodes!!!! Just don't want to ruin it for anyone

[Major Plot Spoilers!!!!!!!!]

The promo picture for next week with Flocke loading some explosives into his backpack seems to correspond with the major spoilers of the losties on Widmore's sub escaping the island - where the bomb explodes and Sun dies in a similar way to Charlie's death. My guess could be that Flocke gave the backpack to either Jack or Sawyer and told them they could take the sub and leave the island however Flocke's secret agenda is to kill them all by the explosives, drowning the sub.

[Major Plot Spoilers!!!!!!!!]

Good episode :) Thought the ending was going to be better but still good, and we got a few answers.

Just one bone to pick, now we know hat Christian was MIB. But we saw Christian in Season 5 at Dharmaville, so how could MIB be Christian and John Locke at the same time? And if needs a boat to cross the water, how did he appear to Michael on the freighter in the season 4 finale?

Really?

I just watched it and i dont have a damn clue.

It's Jack. The episode's name was "The Last Candidate" and at the very end Locke is left with only one person and saves him. Candidate /= Claimed.

It's Jack. The episode's name was "The Last Candidate" and at the very end Locke is left with only one person and saves him. Candidate /= Claimed.

The episode's name was 'The Last Recruit'.

The next episode is 'The Candidate'

I was about to point that out! :)

No it was the last recruit which is why i was confused.

No it was the last recruit which is why i was confused.

Ahh, well then. :p Thanks for correcting me.

It's kind of disconcerting that there's only 4 episodes left and the alt timeline is only beginning to come together. With each episode it seems more likely that it will be a quick and short resolution to that whole deal.

Wired: Do you still see that as the central issue, man of faith versus man of science?

Lindelof: The paradigm has shifted from that to, were we brought here for a very specific reason, and what is that reason? Locke is now the voice of a very large subset of the audience who believes that when Lost is all said and done, we will have wasted six years of our lives, that we were making it up as we went along, and that there?s really no purpose. And Jack is now saying, ?the only thing I have left to cling to is that there?s got to be something really cool that?s going to happen, because I have really, really ****ing suffered.?

Best quote from the article. :)

The names I see

Jack

Locke

Kate

Sayid

Jin

Boone

Benard

Juliet

Hurley

Claire

(Ben) Linus No it's actually (Frank) Lapidus looks like.

(Malvin) Candle

Penny

Sun

Rose

Christian

Sawyer

Charlie

Libby

Desmond

Walt ??? Nah it's not Walt, it's (Richard) Albert.

Friendly

Shannon :woot:

Isabella

Jack is Neo.. the One, so to speak :p

I've used this reference as well before, but I'm not sure if it is going to do justice. I have an idea of how they are going to end the show and have for a while, but I'm going to keep it to myself. It's somewhat stupid and I don't want Akuma, episode and Richard to laugh. :)

On the other hand, if I'm correct, I'm going to jump with joy in knowing I knew the ending for 3 months without spoilers (besides ep names).

Edit: BTW, congrats to Rob with his GMod status. Now you can read the spoilers for us and make sure they are properly tagged for the next month! :laugh::laugh::yes:

Episode 6.14 - The Candidate - Press Release

JACK IS SUSPICIOUS OF LOCKE?S INTENTIONS WHEN HE?S ASKED TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON A DIFFICULT TASK

Jack must decide whether or not to trust Locke after he is asked to follow through on a difficult task.

Written by Elizabeth Sarnoff & Jim Galasso

Directed by Jack Bender

Cast

Naveen Andrews as Sayid

Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert

Emilie de Ravin as Claire

Michael Emerson as Ben

Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus

Matthew Fox as Jack

Jorge Garcia as Hurley

Josh Holloway as Sawyer

Daniel Dae Kim as Jin

Yunjin Kim as Sun

Ken Leung as Miles

Evangeline Lilly as Kate

Terry O?Quinn as Locke

Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana

Guest Cast

Dale as Charles Widmore

Kevin Tighe as Anthony Cooper

Sam Anderson as Bernard

Katey Sagal as Helen

Fred Koehler as Seamus

Maile Holck as nurse

Casey Adams as Wheeler

Ken Elliott as orderly

Christopher McGahan as Paul

Alan Seabock as sub captain

Source: ABC

It's kind of disconcerting that there's only 4 episodes left and the alt timeline is only beginning to come together. With each episode it seems more likely that it will be a quick and short resolution to that whole deal.

Exactly!

"The Last Recruit" shows exactly what WAS wrong with Season Six for me. Can you imagine where we could be, and the stories that could have been told, if the pacing used in "The Last Recruit" had been used for the previous three months!?

Sure, it was nice to see the often-talked-about Temple, but they wasted A LOT of time there, and all we have to show for it are a zombified Sayid and a bunch of extras in the background. I know that single-centric off-Island episodes have been the norm in previous seasons, but I think that that form could have been dropped this season - sticking to it seemed to force the need for filler situations and dialog, and it *felt* like filler. Sure, Richard's episode contained some filler, but it was executed perfectly. Plus, it's explanation of a couple of the show's mysteries didn't come off as half-assed or incomplete, like those of the numbers, the whispers, and (all of) Christian's appearances did.

So, Season Six has been total garbage until now, right? No! I just think that it could have been executed better.

On a side-note: I'm guessing (hoping) it'll be covered, but I find it curious that we haven't actually seen a Smokey-to-(F)Locke or (F)Locke-to-Smokey morph - surely they have the budget.

Edit: BTW, congrats to Rob with his GMod status. Now you can read the spoilers for us and make sure they are properly tagged for the next month! :laugh::laugh::yes:

out of courtesy to the people who love this show (my love has dwindled this season but that's another story for another thread!) I will not post spoilers in or out of tags just none full stop so everyone can enjoy the ending as it is meant to be seen. But I will post this last promo released today!

244397842t.jpg