[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

Pretty much the whole synopsis for the next ep has leaked because of an early showing this week. Very interesting...

The statue isn't Taweret. That's just what people guessed. And the statue has nothing to do with the pregnant women of the show.

So what was the pregnancy thing anyway?

Also, I've been a strong proponent to "they make it up as they go along." People seem to think that TV writers write scripts or plotlines 6 years in advance

They obviously didn't write the whole show before shooting it. When they realized during season 1 that they had a huge success on their hands they started talking about the big picture. When they knew how many seasons they had, they planned for that. The overall story was finished early on. They filled in the smaller details as they made the show.

So Lost sucks because you choose to dwell on the meaning behind a statue with mildly symbolic value? ...

I'm not saying Lost sucks. I'm saying that this is somethig that sucks about Lost.

LOL :laugh:

You disagree that Jacob didn't exactly come across as bright and clever? :)

Hey, let's talk where is that light cave now?

I'm guessing that what we saw in episode 15 is important for the last episode. I wouldn't be surprised if the rivalry between the brothers becomes important, and the light will be explored further. That's just my guess, though.

After she died, Miles found out she said "It worked"

I wonder what "worked"...

So be honest, from multiple people's point of view, is the show worth starting to watch now?

I didn't really start watching the show until season 3 or 4, just caught glimpses of it every now and then. Before season 4 or 5 I went back and watched everything from season 1. I actually think this was a cool way to do it because I noticed all sorts of things in the first seasons that pointed to things that would come later on.

Start with Season 1 if that doesn't pull you in, hell don't know what will.

I started watching the pilot, but got bored. So I gave up on it.

They obviously didn't write the whole show before shooting it. When they realized during season 1 that they had a huge success on their hands they started talking about the big picture. When they knew how many seasons they had, they planned for that. The overall story was finished early on. They filled in the smaller details as they made the show.

With the amount of deux ex machina in the show, all signs would point to no

Hey, let's talk where is that light cave now?

Too bad we'll never find out what the light in the cave is (according to Jorge Garcia's podcast).

Also, I'd personally like to think that the light in the well only looks like that as an interpretation of a society before science existed. If the Losties saw the same cave, it would looks completely different.

Also, I'd personally like to think that the light in the well only looks like that as an interpretation of a society before science existed. If the Losties saw the same cave, it would looks completely different.

What? The light looks like how it did in the last episode. Watch Season 4 finale and Season 5 Episode 5 where Ben and Locke both turn the wheel. Its a goldish light.

Did anyone esle hear the trumpet, notmally assosiacted with Smokie, just before Esau killed his mother?

There was no trumpet. There was some music and lots of background creatures, but no horn sound like the one the monster makes.

[...]

I wonder what "worked"...

I believe she was referring to the detonation of the core of the nuclear bomb on the island. They thought (and hoped) that it would prevent their plane from crashing. What they don't know is that it worked, just not for them. The result of the detonation is the second timeline.

George Lucas sends letter to 'Lost'

George Lucas sent a letter to the producers of "Lost" where he finally admits he didn't plan "Star Wars" in advance. The letter was read aloud at a series finale-related party Thursday night. Here's the text:

Congratulations on pulling off an amazing show. Don't tell anyone ... but when 'Star Wars' first came out, I didn't know where it was going either. The trick is to pretend you've planned the whole thing out in advance. Throw in some father issues and references to other stories -- let's call them homages -- and you've got a series.

In six seasons, you've managed to span both time and space, and I don't think I'm alone in saying that I never saw what was around the corner. Now that it's all coming to an end, it's impressive to see how much was planned out in advance and how neatly you've wrapped up everything. You've created something really special. I'm sad that the series is ending, but I look forward to seeing what you two are going to do next.

After which, "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof reportedly said: "I just want to apologize to Mr. George Lucas for everything I said about the prequels."

http://livefeed.holl...lucas-lost.html

Pretty sure Lucas was joking, playing off the idea that people have always said Damon and Carlton were making up Lost as they went along.

But Damon's tweet of

'George Lucas' letter to us made me feel like I was staring into the twin suns of Tatooine all over again. My life is complete.' is just awesome.

Also awesome:

Just listened to an interview with Carlton on an ESPN podcast where he basically admitted that they knew 'Stranger in a Strange Land' was pointless and they only produced it to get an end date for the show.

Said that 'Across the Sea' was 'an unnamed time BC'. So theres that.

'Lost was the first show that the fans were an organic part of the show ... the show was meant to be discussed ... us being part of the community was important.'

'The final shot of the show was the final shot we planned during Season 1'

What? The light looks like how it did in the last episode. Watch Season 4 finale and Season 5 Episode 5 where Ben and Locke both turn the wheel. Its a goldish light.

I meant the light in the cave. Actually the cave itself. We've never seen it before Across the Sea. I just stated that I thought it would be interesting if how a person from 2000 years ago would perceive it vs a modern person would perceive it. Of course a person from 2000+ years ago would perceive it as magical vs a scientific approach a modern day person would see it.

Just listened to an interview with Carlton on an ESPN podcast where he basically admitted that they knew 'Stranger in a Strange Land' was pointless and they only produced it to get an end date for the show.

Said that 'Across the Sea' was 'an unnamed time BC'. So theres that.

'Lost was the first show that the fans were an organic part of the show ... the show was meant to be discussed ... us being part of the community was important.'

'The final shot of the show was the final shot we planned during Season 1'

Haha, I remember them saying that 'Stranger in a Strange Land' was the worst episode they produced :laugh:

Watching Saving Private Ryan right now.

Its unbelievable to me that Jeremy Davies (Faraday) doesn't get more work. He's an amazing actor.

I didn't think much of him in SPR, but I guess that was because of the character he was playing. Loved him in Lost though. :)