[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

you're really just now realizing that this 2004 timeline we're seeing is different?

Obviously it's a parallel story. But did the timeline split during that 2004 flight or after the bomb in the 70s. That was my question. Because in Jack's previous flashbacks, there was no mention of a kid of his.

Obviously it's a parallel story. But did the timeline split during that 2004 flight or after the bomb in the 70s. That was my question. Because in Jack's previous flashbacks, there was no mention of a kid of his.

Best guess is the split occurred in 1970 and the island being underwater is the best evidence for that. However, it's possible that time reset from the start, though I don't believe that will be the case.

Best guess is the split occurred in 1970 and the island being underwater is the best evidence for that. However, it's possible that time reset from the start, though I don't believe that will be the case.

That makes more sense with Jack's kid & island underwater.

I think that will happen, but I think the island is being underwater from the 50's. Here's why:

What if in the finale they find a way to go back to their very beginnings OFF the island, let's say by turning the frozen wheel again... But for them, everything that happen on island in every timeline (2004/50's/70's/2007) will be their PAST, just that they will not have a 100% memory of it, but deja vu's, like Jack. So that way, they are all born, they live their life but with the subconscious experience from everything they've been through on/off the island. That way the island will exist up until 50's, when the bomb will indeed blow up & sink it because our losties won't be there to stop that. That's why Hugo is happy because he subconsciously knows that you make your own luck (he learned that in his "past"). He doesn't know the numbers because they weren't even broadcasted. That's why Jack doesn't need to "fix" everything and doesn't want to become like his father. That's why Nadia is alive, because Sayid never let her cross that street. That's why Kate tells Claire that she should keep the baby, because she knows she will be able to take care for it, etc. I also think that Desmond will be the only one who will remember the "past".

SO basically, EVERYTHING happened - the crash in 2004/50's/70's/oceanic 6 off the island story/2007 on island story, just that now all that is the PAST of what we are seeing in the "sideways" reality which is basically the only reality that ever existed for them.

If that's the case, seasons 1-5 were actually ALL flashbacks to our character's story, which is the current "sideways" reality, as TPTB call it.

P.S Sorry if there were any spelling mistakes, English is not my native language smile.gif

I think that will happen, but I think the island is being underwater from the 50's. Here's why:

What if in the finale they find a way to go back to their very beginnings OFF the island, let's say by turning the frozen wheel again... But for them, everything that happen on island in every timeline (2004/50's/70's/2007) will be their PAST, just that they will not have a 100% memory of it, but deja vu's, like Jack. So that way, they are all born, they live their life but with the subconscious experience from everything they've been through on/off the island. That way the island will exist up until 50's, when the bomb will indeed blow up & sink it because our losties won't be there to stop that. That's why Hugo is happy because he subconsciously knows that you make your own luck (he learned that in his "past"). He doesn't know the numbers because they weren't even broadcasted. That's why Jack doesn't need to "fix" everything and doesn't want to become like his father. That's why Nadia is alive, because Sayid never let her cross that street. That's why Kate tells Claire that she should keep the baby, because she knows she will be able to take care for it, etc. I also think that Desmond will be the only one who will remember the "past".

SO basically, EVERYTHING happened - the crash in 2004/50's/70's/oceanic 6 off the island story/2007 on island story, just that now all that is the PAST of what we are seeing in the "sideways" reality which is basically the only reality that ever existed for them.

If that's the case, seasons 1-5 were actually ALL flashbacks to our character's story, which is the current "sideways" reality, as TPTB call it.

P.S Sorry if there were any spelling mistakes, English is not my native language smile.gif

The bomb went off in 1977. What you're suggesting would make these two timelines we're seeing one timeline, and honestly it doesn't make much sense. The island is underwater in one timeline, and not in another. It can't be one timeline and the island be both floating and underwater. It would also mean that everyone is doubled in both timelines (if the people are on the island, and also in California...).

What you're suggesting would make these two timelines we're seeing one timeline, It would also mean that everyone is doubled in both timelines (if the people are on the island, and also in California...).

Nope, it will make what we are seeing now one timeline (2007 on Island) that could be a "flashback" to the 2004 timeline ("sideways" one).

This timeline will go something like 2004 plane crash-->2007 oceanic six--->time travel--->50's--->70's--->2007 on the island------> reset in the finale/end of this timeline/losties go back in time for the last time.

In that case everything above (seasons 1-6) would be in their PAST, and they will live their lifes as we see them in the current "sideways" timeline in 2004 (no plane crash/Jack has a son/Locke will soon to be married/Hugo is lucky etc.).

Same as when 2004 was their PAST (because whatever happened,happened) when they were back in 50's and 70's.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong :) This was just an idea that seemed logical to me - otherwise what would be the point of showing us the sideways reality, which TPTB strictly said IS NOT a "parallel" one. (there are no island Jack and California Jack at the same time).

I can't get my head around that one... :pinch: Confused.com

Anyway, here are some teasers for tonights episode.

Episode 6.06 - Sundown - Teasers

1. "Sundown" breaks the mold

2. Ben fails to get an answer out of an old ally

3. Dogen remembers his son

4. Sayid makes a housecall

Source: EW

Read more: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/#ixzz0h117CLES

Nope, it will make what we are seeing now one timeline (2007 on Island) that could be a "flashback" to the 2004 timeline ("sideways" one).

This timeline will go something like 2004 plane crash-->2007 oceanic six--->time travel--->50's--->70's--->2007 on the island------> reset in the finale/end of this timeline/losties go back in time for the last time.

In that case everything above (seasons 1-6) would be in their PAST, and they will live their lifes as we see them in the current "sideways" timeline in 2004 (no plane crash/Jack has a son/Locke will soon to be married/Hugo is lucky etc.).

Same as when 2004 was their PAST (because whatever happened,happened) when they were back in 50's and 70's.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong :) This was just an idea that seemed logical to me - otherwise what would be the point of showing us the sideways reality, which TPTB strictly said IS NOT a "parallel" one. (there are no island Jack and California Jack at the same time).

So you're saying they live 2004 twice? You're also introducing a paradox.

So you're saying they live 2004 twice?

I guess so.:wacko: Hence the deja-vu's they're experiencing.

You're also introducing a paradox.

Losties started do change the course of events on the island from 50's onward when they stopped Jughead to explode, prior to that people came/left the island without their involvement.

So if they are not there in the 50's and Jughead does explode & that explosion is somehow related to sinking of the island, what would be the paradox?

On the other hand, I'm probably wrong about island sinking in 50's, because Dharmaville was shown under water and it was build in the early 70's.... :unsure:

It does introduce a paradox if you are following the parallel universe theory. In that episode where Hugo/Miles are discussing the time travel thing Miles argues that they are in their present while everything else that happened to them is their past. That would make sense for the timeline that IMPSBL posted earlier. So rather than time being the variable in which people exist from certain points from time A to time B in the grand scheme of things from Big Bang to Big Crunch(???). The individuals are the point of reference for time such that being in 1977 would have been their present while the 2004 crash was their past in the time that is relevant to their existence from sperm and egg to ashes and dust. If this were the case the WHH idea would still be valid in the sense that whatever happened to Jack, Kate, etc still happened to them. It was their past and nothing can change what they lived through.

I don't know if this makes sense but I'm just throwing it out there.

For once, I don't want to be spoiled and won't watch that video till after tomorrows episode! :o

just rewatched that clip with the sound turned up

so sayid kills dogen and the translator...damn I liked Dogen!

I'm gonna miss Lennon!!!

:laugh:

How can you explain Jack having his appendix out twice, then?

How can you explain Jack having his appendix out twice, then?

He didn't had his appendix out up until 2004 (on island).

So perhaps if the reset happens and they all go back in time when they were born, 2007 will be his PAST then.

So, he will be born, grow up, get his appendix removed at young age, and when he notices the scar in 2004 he get's a deja-vu from his past (I don't really remember did Juliette operated him in 2004 or 2007).

If she took it out in 2004, then it's reasonable why he gets his deja vu then - because at the approx same time in his PAST , he had it removed on the island.

3 hours :|

He didn't had his appendix out up until 2004 (on island).

So perhaps if the reset happens and they all go back in time when they were born, 2007 will be his PAST then.

So, he will be born, grow up, get his appendix removed at young age, and when he notices the scar in 2004 he get's a deja-vu from his past (I don't really remember did Juliette operated him in 2004 or 2007).

If she took it out in 2004, then it's reasonable why he gets his deja vu then - because at the approx same time in his PAST , he had it removed on the island.

Kate's deja vu moment occurred not long after the flight landed, whereas it was several weeks after being on the island when Claire finally delivered Aaron. Same thing for Jack and his appendix, the moment he saw the scar would've been months before it was taken out on the island.

3 hours :|

Kate's deja vu moment occurred not long after the flight landed, whereas it was several weeks after being on the island when Claire finally delivered Aaron. Same thing for Jack and his appendix, the moment he saw the scar would've been months before it was taken out on the island.

Nevertheless, both deja-vu's were in a time frame of couple of weeks/months of the same year.. Maybe they are not even that tightly related to what happened at that exact same time in "2004 plane crash" timeline.

In the "sideways" timeline, Kate never met Claire before getting off the plane in 2004/hijacking a cab. Kate's deja vu was triggered when Claire mentioned Aaron's name, it wasn't related to the actual several-weeks-after-the-crash birth of Aaron on the island. Even if Aaron was born in 2007 it would still be in Kate's "past" and she would get a deja vu feeling about it.

I don't know, this theory is perhaps quite simple compared to what we all expect from a series finale, but it kind of makes sense so far.

Nevertheless, both deja-vu's were in a time frame of couple of weeks/months of the same year.. Maybe they are not even that tightly related to what happened at that exact same time in "2004 plane crash" timeline.

In the "sideways" timeline, Kate never met Claire before getting off the plane in 2004/hijacking a cab. Kate's deja vu was triggered when Claire mentioned Aaron's name, it wasn't related to the actual several-weeks-after-the-crash birth of Aaron on the island. Even if Aaron was born in 2007 it would still be in Kate's "past" and she would get a deja vu feeling about it.

I don't know, this theory is perhaps quite simple compared to what we all expect from a series finale, but it kind of makes sense so far.

I disagree. It's not simple at all because you're saying the future is the past for those that are in the 2004 timeline, when it can't be the past if it's the future and that that future is still on going while the other timeline is still in 2004. Honestly, how much sense does that really make? And if it does make sense, how is it simple?

I disagree. It's not simple at all because you're saying the future is the past for those that are in the 2004 timeline, when it can't be the past if it's the future and that that future is still on going while the other timeline is still in 2004. Honestly, how much sense does that really make?

They are just showing us the "sideways" 2004 timeline now, it doesn't mean that it goes parallel with 2007 timeline.

Besides, the future was the past for those in 50's and 70's timeline. For them, everything that happened in their life up until 2007 was past, because in terms of their life, they were still in THEIR present in 1950's.

Some of them weren't even born in 50's , yet their past was from 70's on. It maked sense then, why wouldnt make sense now?