[Spoilers] Lost - Season 6

The show is going to no direction more than never. Its pretty hard to follow, more when like me, watch lost since day 0... Its obvious that will end that was a dream or a screensaver of a computer in the future or at best, like Life on Mars (US).

Richard Hammond, can we disagree, cant we?.

If that four letter word is LOST im gonna be ****ed.

The show is going to no direction more than never. Its pretty hard to follow, more when like me, watch lost since day 0... Its obvious that will end that was a dream or a screensaver of a computer in the future or at best, like Life on Mars (US).

The shows producers already stated that it wont all be a dream or something made up in someones head.

I wasn't impressed about last nights episode...

It seems these characters as so easily tricked into doing anything. Sayid just picks up a knife and goes after Locke? He's known Locke for months now, and is gonna trust a guy who tried to kill him twice?

Cool ending tho (Y)

You clearly don't pay attention to anything with the show. I may find an episode or two disappointing, but at least I pay attention. They've said from like season two that it isn't all a dream. If you don't like the show anymore, which you've complained about it for years, then WHY do you keep watching it? :rolleyes:

It seems these characters as so easily tricked into doing anything. Sayid just picks up a knife and goes after Locke? He's known Locke for months now, and is gonna trust a guy who tried to kill him twice?

Cool ending tho (Y)

Sayid knew Locke was dead, so when he saw him, he knew that it wasn't the real Locke. Sayid is also a character torn with doing something bad for the greater good as well as redeeming himself for his past, so I don't necessarily see it as him being so easily tricked.

Cool ending tho (Y)

The ending was awesome. It is so weird to see a Locke that knows what he wants, where he's going and how to do it. I know it isn't Locke, but I always seem to forget that. I'm still not convinced that Jacob's nemesis is the bad guy, which is why I allow myself to forget that. I've always connected more with Locke and really have enjoyed unLocke. Terry O'Quinn is such a great actor.

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, even tho I've watched LOST from the very beginning. I'm going to offer my opinion a couple of points brought up, but just to clarify, they're my opinion only.

Sayid wasn't easily tricked. I believe that he made the deal with FLocke for the benefit of Nadia. When Ben found Sayid at the pool, Sayid said something to the effect of "There's no saving me anymore", or something like that. My guess is, that FLocke offered Sayid the chance to bring Nadia back to life, at the cost of his allegiance. Sayid didn't join FLocke's camp because he's bad, he joined to save another.

As for questions being answered last night, we now know ( for the most part ) who's on each side. We divided the players, with Claire, Sayid, possibly Sawyer on FLockes side and Hurley and Jack on Jacobs side. Kate and Jin are questionable, as with Ben and Sun. We're narrowing down the playing field, setting up the pieces like a huge chess game. If I had to guess, Jacob and MIB have done this several times in the past ( as per the season 5 finale where we saw the two arguing about bringing people to the island ). My belief is that the game replays itself out, just adding new players every so often. The show is influenced by Egyptian symbolism, and the Egyptians believed in balance with nature and perpetual struggle to maintain that balance.

Ancient Egyptian Religion - Cosmology

In Egyptian belief, the universe was governed by the force of ma'at. This Egyptian word encompasses several concepts in English, including "truth," "justice," and "order." It referred to the fixed, eternal order of the universe, both in nature and in human society. This was the most fundamental of all natural forces, believed to have existed from the creation of the universe, which ensured the continued existence of the world. Among humans, ma'at meant that all people and all classes of society lived in harmony. Any disruption of ma'at was inherently harmful, so all people were expected to behave in accordance with it.

In nature, ma'at meant that all the forces of nature existed in balance. It included the cyclical patterns of time?the cycle of day and night and of the seasons, and of human generations. While the Egyptians recognized that time is linear, they also saw it as cyclical, in that each of these patterns represented a renewal of ma'at and a defeat of disorder, and thus a repetition of the original creation of the universe. Therefore, the theme of cosmic renewal was present in many Egyptian rituals.

The island could be the epicenter of existance, and the fight between MIB and Jacob could be the battle for order that's played out over and over.

Just my opinion, discuss/flame as you will.

Just stating that last weeks promo clearly said Questions Will Be answered. Didn't seem like questions were answered but I do have a few new questions though. The second half of the episode was pretty good though the first half lacked. Flash sideways just wasn't anything important IMO. However I do agree some episodes are not for everyone.

LOL. You have only yourself to blame. I learned not to trust any ABC promos since Stranger on a Strange Land (I hope I got the episode name correct).

Anyway, I thought it was a great episode. Yeah, it didn't answer anything, but I still got pretty excited. And Sayeed vs Dogen Kungfu fight was pure WIN.

What has been bugging me is that Widmore has had absolutely no role in this season. I mean they made so much of his character in S4 and 5. And now, he has suddenly lost context.

Sideways Timeline let this episode down. Just pointless at the moment :(

However, Sayid killing was awesome, didn't expect!

So?What Is the Island? It's described as a four-letter word. There's your first clue! Shall we play Hangman? There are no A's or E's in the word?Wanna buy another vowel? Okay, but you only get one.

Or how about simply

L O S T ? Which DOES fit 100% as well!

Also could be DOOM or a POOL of dead souls

Also could be DOOM or a POOL of dead souls

There was a hint in that sneak peak. Ben said an island with a 4 letter word...

Sideways Timeline let this episode down. Just pointless at the moment :(

However, Sayid killing was awesome, didn't expect!

totally agree, though I didn't like the whole episode but I dont like the sideways timeline stuff atm.

totally agree, though I didn't like the whole episode but I dont like the sideways timeline stuff atm.

I think next weeks episode might be different! :D

I think next weeks episode might be different! :D

hope so, I am only really looking forward to one episode this season in all honesty!

hope so, I am only really looking forward to one episode this season in all honesty!

Episode

by any chance? ;)

LOL. You have only yourself to blame. I learned not to trust any ABC promos since Stranger on a Strange Land (I hope I got the episode name correct).

Anyway, I thought it was a great episode. Yeah, it didn't answer anything, but I still got pretty excited. And Sayeed vs Dogen Kungfu fight was pure WIN.

What has been bugging me is that Widmore has had absolutely no role in this season. I mean they made so much of his character in S4 and 5. And now, he has suddenly lost context.

Not quite sure how I have myself to blame for misinterpreting a promo which says something and shows tiny snippets because anything else it showed would ruin the episode. They could have put together a whole promo and it wouldn't have spoiled the episode.

It can, if another reset happens in the finale, erasing everyone's memory and bringing them back in time at the moment of their birth, for example. Then their lives will lead to 2004-no-plane-chrash timeline we are seeing now, with all their past experiences buried in their subconscious, therefore making them take the right directions in their lives (from what we've seen so far, most of the characters don't run away from their problems like in their "previous" life.)

In this scenario, Desmonds "see you in another life, brotha" makes much more sense.

Although I personally don't think the flash sideways will become the future (after a finale reset) of the losties, if it did reset I'd say it would reset to just before Jacob interfered with anyone, which will probably be the start of time! I think in reality the flash sideways are more of a "what would have been" (before interference) to help tie up and give resolution to the losties characters', as I imagine they'll all end up dead (except maybe one of two candidates who get 'selected' to become jacob/mib at year 0?).

Remember, fate/destiny vs free will. It was Ben's free will to kill Jacob, so he died. It was not Sayid's destiny to kill Smokey, so he didn't die.

Weren't they both manipulated? I'd even say that Ben was more heavily manipulated, Sayid was only given a short speech.

I can see me having a sour taste in my mouth at the finale. Things I want to know (but might not be answered):

- Importance of Walt - why is he special?

- Why were they banging on about Aaron being raised by another and all that?

- What's the significance of babies, Tawreet (sp?) and pregnancy

- Whidmore's importance, what were the rules between him and Ben in reference too

- Desmond's "the island isn't finished with you" statement.

Disappointing episode (N) The entire episode felt like it could have been told in about ten minutes. The flash-sideways felt even more useless the before.

Actually, I disagree. It seems as though the characters we are seeing in the flash sideways seem to have a parallel of sorts.

Kate and Claire end up together again in both time lines. Sayid goes back to his old ways in both time lines, ie killing people. Jack has interactions very similar to his on the island. So far the only character with flash-sideways that didn't have too many parallels was John, and for obvious reasons.

I think the parallels are going to continue to grow.

Quick note: Isn't Claire going to kill Kate? :p

Claire is super. SUPER scary now :l it actually freaks me out.

Quick note: Isn't Claire going to kill Kate? :p

Claire is super. SUPER scary now :l it actually freaks me out.

Miles is right, she's still hot :p

This may be a stupid question, but occurred to me recently. How did the smoke monster get on the Hydra Island to resurrect "Locke"? There are 3 "wisps" going around the island, right?

Locke was never resurrected. That is not Locke. Locke is dead and buried on the island.

Yeah I know, but his body was on the Hydra Island, so how did the Smoke Monster get there basically what I'm trying to ask?