[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

No offense but if you were that drunk, I'm not sure why you are spouting off your opinion.

lolwut?

Being drunk doesn't stop you remembering an experience unless you're blind drunk, if anything it'll probably make him more honest about the experience than be caught up in the "OMG IT'S MODERN WARFARE 2" hype.

New rule on Neowin, Drunks don't have an opinion? :rofl:

So after going to a mates Halloween party getting very drunk and completing this in 7 hours. I can say: It's MW1 with new guns and a 24 esq plot.

No really. It's almost the same!

The COD series has been like that since...forever

Shoot enemies that dont really matter, they come in waves and no matter how many you shoot its a matter of time before you can move on to next spot lol

They just keep on coming

Did you have a chance to try out multiplayer?

Vaguely, was only playing on a shoddy 26" TV so splitscreen, as you can imagine, wasn't all that fun. From what I did play it's very, very slick. It's like MW on steroids, the weapons selection is about the same as the original but the customisation is more rounded allowing you to slap mods on to everything my personal fave being the silenced shotgun ala No Country For Old Men ;D

if anything it'll probably make him more honest about the experience than be caught up in the "OMG IT'S MODERN WARFARE 2" hype.

To be honest I haven't been following it. I did enjoy the original and have been rather skeptical about this with the whole- "Yeah PC gamers won't see any chang- YEAH NO MORE DEDICATED SERVERS LOL."

But my biggest beef with the SP in the original, the AI, is much improved and rounded. The enemy's no longer appears to be spawning from magical door in a terrorist version of Narnia, they don't spam nades and use them much more effectively and they flank you a lot more. The story is... Alright... It's not great it's like a badly written Tom Clancy novel and uses the whole dying gimmick from the first far too often this time round taking the edge off the n'th time it happens. It does use it for some rather movie-esq scenes though in it's defence. Other than that as you'd expect it's Modern Warfare. It hardly deviates from the path of the last game and not in a Uncharted 2 good way either. Some of the set pieces you've come to expect are beginning to smell a tad stale.

Biggest question of all I guess: Game of the year? Pfft, I'm sure the media have already made up their mind regardless. IW could produce a turd and they would herald it as the second coming of Christ. In my opinion, it's good, no doubt about that. It isn't GotY material though. It most definitely feels that a majority of the time was spent improving the MP and they are running out of ideas for the SP side of things. Is it worth buying? Well. Depends if you like the MP or not.

I've been playing it at a friend's house the last couple days, sp and mp, and my opinion is that it is an upgrade, but not worthy of a sequel. A mod at most. I've played better mods actually... With the fact they removed mods and servers from the pc version I can't justify purchasing it myself. I just bought Borderlands, so that will keep me busy until bad company 2 hits stores.

If I get cod withdrawal I'll always have mw1 and waw to get my fix. Hell, I still have cod1 and cod2.

Edited by s1k3sT

lolwut?

Being drunk doesn't stop you remembering an experience unless you're blind drunk, if anything it'll probably make him more honest about the experience than be caught up in the "OMG IT'S MODERN WARFARE 2" hype.

New rule on Neowin, Drunks don't have an opinion? :rofl:

Slightly impedes his ability to critically think, no? He is going to see the surface of the game and not look past it for any changes being drunk.

Slightly impedes his ability to critically think, no? He is going to see the surface of the game and not look past it for any changes being drunk.

Ahhh I get it, Mystics a lightweight who can't function on more than 2 beers :rofl: :beer:

I was holding out buying Uncharted 2 because I wanted to get MW2. Now I think I'll just go ahead and spend the cash I was saving on Uncharted 2 instead!

Be a man and buy both :p

Ahhh I get it, Mystics a lightweight who can't function on more than 2 beers :rofl: :beer:

I'm just saying playing video games drunk is a completely different experience. For me, I'm very functional but it just involves like 20x more swearing.

At least there's a confirmed bolt action rifle in the game, the interceptor. Awesome rifle too.

wow.. i need to know more about this gun!

*hopes its a 1 shot kill gun with no zoom, just like the mosin nagant from waw*

and do u think we will get cod4 maps on dlc? would like to keep maps like crossfire in there

and do u think we will get cod4 maps on dlc? would like to keep maps like crossfire in there

You want to pay for dlc that was in the original mw? The only way I can see people wanting to do that is if the don't own the original.

02/11/2009 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

01/11/2009 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.

01/11/2009 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

Wahooo! :D

You want to pay for dlc that was in the original mw? The only way I can see people wanting to do that is if the don't own the original.

i'll pay if they are the levels i like

infinity ward can make this game into a ?150 game if they wanted, dlc options are endless. multi maps, special ops maps, they can also add in a zombies mode if they want

I hope that Asda and Tesco bring down the prices again, if they do I might go to one of their midnight launches.

They'd have to sell em at a bit of a loss to do so. I wouldn't keep your hopes up.