[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I hope that Asda and Tesco bring down the prices again, if they do I might go to one of their midnight launches.

My friend who works there says it doesn't look like it.

I will never fully understand why people waste their time like that. Woo hoo, you made it up to a spot where you are completely open to being shot.

Somebody kill me the day I start playing a video game because I want to find glitches.

Kotaku just posted an article saying no private chat will be allowed during some ranked game types. I think this is one of the sweetest additions ever. For game types like S&D, the experience was ruined when you have somebody on your team private chatting with the other team so they all know your location.

I dunno most of the glitches give the glitcher the advantage - was playing Overgrown a few weeks ago and this guy somehow got inside the side of the 'canyon'

He couldnt be touched and could pretty much kill everyone from there :(

I went there to teamkill him but he just killed me and I had no idea how to get in :/

I dunno most of the glitches give the glitcher the advantage - was playing Overgrown a few weeks ago and this guy somehow got inside the side of the 'canyon'

I went there to teamkill him but he just killed me and I had no idea how to get in :/

that was one of the ones i was really hoping got fixed in the last update on the 360 but unfortunatly it didn't happen :\

Sometimes yes but in the time they took discovering that one glitch, they could have play the game and leveled up endlessly. Instead they have something that makes them "cool" for a couple days until it gets patched.

If they are to the point where they are completely done leveling and are just playing the game to find glitches, wow then I just feel sorry for them.

Sometimes yes but in the time they took discovering that one glitch, they could have play the game and leveled up endlessly. Instead they have something that makes them "cool" for a couple days until it gets patched.

If they are to the point where they are completely done leveling and are just playing the game to find glitches, wow then I just feel sorry for them.

meh... the glitches on that site are minor looking, like their 'physics glitch' is just a gun clipping through a character model... i wonder when they will post more info on the 'high elevator' trick tho, that looks more like a real glitch

omg that game is crazy :woot: , can't remember that much WTF and oh snap!! moments!!! whoaaaaaaaaaa it's like sex ......well no, almost

Yeah, same offer applies if you pre-order it, so I pre-ordered it. However, I thought there will be special versions of the game (like the one with the NVG)? When you pre-order your just pre-ordering the basic $59 version are you not?

Meh, I don't really care...I just wanted the $10 gift card lol

It is launch night so pretty much it should be all there.. if you pre-orderd any copy (whether it's normal, hardened or NVG editions) you will get your copy.

socom had the best glitches lol. inside tankers, spiderman, ladder, skywalker glitches, ect..

these glitches dont seem sever to opposition at all. vulnerability outweighs its reward.

I heard Game Informer had a review, but it may be in the magazine, because I can't find it on the website. Reviews may not start coming in until Sunday though.

Edit: Game Trailers posted their video review this afternoon.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/movie/333900

Edit 2: If you don't want to see any spoilers for the single player campaign, do NOT watch the Game Trailers review. Wish I would've known that before I got halfway through it.

Vaguely, was only playing on a shoddy 26" TV so splitscreen, as you can imagine, wasn't all that fun. From what I did play it's very, very slick. It's like MW on steroids, the weapons selection is about the same as the original but the customisation is more rounded allowing you to slap mods on to everything my personal fave being the silenced shotgun ala No Country For Old Men ;D

To be honest I haven't been following it. I did enjoy the original and have been rather skeptical about this with the whole- "Yeah PC gamers won't see any chang- YEAH NO MORE DEDICATED SERVERS LOL."

But my biggest beef with the SP in the original, the AI, is much improved and rounded. The enemy's no longer appears to be spawning from magical door in a terrorist version of Narnia, they don't spam nades and use them much more effectively and they flank you a lot more. The story is... Alright... It's not great it's like a badly written Tom Clancy novel and uses the whole dying gimmick from the first far too often this time round taking the edge off the n'th time it happens. It does use it for some rather movie-esq scenes though in it's defence. Other than that as you'd expect it's Modern Warfare. It hardly deviates from the path of the last game and not in a Uncharted 2 good way either. Some of the set pieces you've come to expect are beginning to smell a tad stale.

Biggest question of all I guess: Game of the year? Pfft, I'm sure the media have already made up their mind regardless. IW could produce a turd and they would herald it as the second coming of Christ. In my opinion, it's good, no doubt about that. It isn't GotY material though. It most definitely feels that a majority of the time was spent improving the MP and they are running out of ideas for the SP side of things. Is it worth buying? Well. Depends if you like the MP or not.

IDK it does have to compete with AC2, Dragon Age, and Uncharted 2. Dragon Age and AC2 are unknowns but all I hear is great things for Uncharted 2 and it make sme want a PS3 lol.

Man that GT review was terrible. The reviewer for the most. Damn near put me to sleep if it wasnt for the footage.

I don't want to watch it but what was the final point score?

I heard Game Informer had a review, but it may be in the magazine, because I can't find it on the website. Reviews may not start coming in until Sunday though.

Edit: Game Trailers posted their video review this afternoon.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/movie/333900

Edit 2: If you don't want to see any spoilers for the single player campaign, do NOT watch the Game Trailers review. Wish I would've known that before I got halfway through it.

I don't think that was the official GT review. More like some random user did it and put it up.

epic game.... story is like tom clancy on crack, steroids and meth. toke about 10 hours on hardened. Story is crazy, can't wait for the next one by IW. Gameplay is a lot more fun then MW1. Different weapons, more weapons, shield is cool. Action is even more intense. Loved every second of it.

behind uncharted 2, this is my game of the year so far.