[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I did it instore, they just wrote it in a notepad, only 1 other person on the list :laugh:

It was a brand new store, so I don't think they really knew what they were doing. I might try another Asda later.

I just rung that Asda again, and they said they will just phone me when it comes in.

just rang, too late, last date to pre order was 3rd

I canceled, but I tucked that $65 away because I may change my mind next week. Guess I'll wait to see what the early impressions are.

I'm more concerned with how IW.net handles and performs on the PC. I'm fine with using a Steam group to game with friends, but I'm not fine with taking part in a $60 beta test of IW.Net. I'll let someone else handle that.

Good article here regarding the changes IW made & video response from 402.

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=c...78&Itemid=1

Do you guys think this will be sold out everywhere on release day? I am just planning on buying it in town on the day it is released but I'm worrying that I won't be able to find it anywhere.

Do you guys think this will be sold out everywhere on release day? I am just planning on buying it in town on the day it is released but I'm worrying that I won't be able to find it anywhere.

Probably the big places, malls etc

But if you can find a small shop somewhere

I wouldn't be worried as I am going for Midnight Launch. But just check around Target, Best Buy, Walmart should have them.

I would say it depends on the platform.

Xbox 360 might be tough to find, PS3 may not be as tough, and the shelves should be fully stocked with PC versions.

COD:MW2 for ?30 via Littlewoods

Register for an account, order COD:MW2 and use voucher code: ZQ266

No idea what their delivery times are like but it's worth a look for those who prefer to save money than get game first.>

COD:MW2 for ?30 via Littlewoods

Register for an account, order COD:MW2 and use voucher code: ZQ266

No idea what their delivery times are like but it's worth a look for those who prefer to save money than get game first.>

They use either Royal Mail(Priority) or HDNL for delivery.

Is that the ?15 off first order code?

I won't be able to use it, as I already used it to buy 2100 MS points for ?7. Also if it goes through, they have been known to claim the money back in the future, due to fraudulent use of a voucher code(if it isn't your first order).

it's not true. on split screen multiplayer, anyway.

How is it fraudulent? It's a ?15 off ?50 order code.

MW2 is ?55 on their store.

55-15 isnt 30.. it's 40 O.o

Someone just tweeted that there's no hardcore mode. That's not true right?

http://twitter.com/Bwana

That's a lie, I watched a video stream of someone playing the leaked copy and 'Hardcore' is an option that's selectable in options. Also it's the name of a playlist or two.

:D

Someone just tweeted that there's no hardcore mode. That's not true right?

http://twitter.com/Bwana

i really hope thats not true ..i love hardcore S&D and headquarters , it's the 2 game modes i play most

I believe that is the case on PS3, but 360 and PC will be missing hardcore for certain gametypes. I honestly can't remember and it's to tough to find the info again with all the other MW2 hate going on.

PC Gamers are SCREWED!

Poor PC gamers. First they hear the soul-crushing news that Modern Warfare 2 won't support dedicated servers, and now Infinity Ward has broken their hearts yet again. During a Best Buy online chat, the developer fired off a string of bad news, affirming a 9-vs-9 player limit, the inability to kick players from ranked matches and a lack of console commands. Ars Technica has laid out the full list of disappointments, if you've got the stomach for it.

We feel for those of you on the PC side, but largely because you haven't yet had your spirits broken like your console brethren. We don't even notice having our dreams shattered any more (in fact, truth be told, we think we're starting to like it).

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/05/modern-w...o-9-vs-9-on-pc/

Link to interview: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/11...you-thought.ars