[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Is it getting cheaper for PC as well or what? I'd rather buy it for PC because that's my preferred format generally.

I'm a PC gamer and say get it for the 360. The loss of so many features makes it not worth it.

One thing im disappointed with i dont think there is an equal to mile high club is there? (replaying cod4 now :p)

Yeah. Spec ops. It's only 2 players for who ever asked.

If Audioboxers receipt is anything to go by... Sainsbury's? :p

They didn't break the date. They sold a copy, then realised their mistake and refunded the customer.

looking forward to this, but just watched the airport slaughter scene, and wow, it's a lot heavier than i thought it would be... regardless of context, it just seems a little wrong. but i guess i'll give it a final judgement when i've completed the game.

my main concern is how it'll affect more messed-up/pursuadable kids. also, it certainly won't help quash certain establishments hatred for video games.

my main concern is how it'll affect more messed-up/pursuadable kids. also, it certainly won't help quash certain establishments hatred for video games.

It's rated 18, only adults should be playing it. If not and the parent's know their kid is a bit messed-up and bought it them. Well...

ive noticed that quite a few copies were sold/ shipped early and a lot of people have already passed the game and have given their critiqued on it. I wonder if any prestige editions have been taken home and opened yet? I've been dieing to hear about the quality of the night vision goggles! soo if anyone has seen anything online about the verdict on the goggles please post it here! :)

In the NE of the USA? Come on down! (and get your copy of MW2 now that is) Edit: Image of the receipt

Edit II: A couple of thoughts, copied from twitter, from one of my fave critics, Charlie Brooker- "MW2 is fun, and brilliantly made, and spectacular, but it's basically 'Bond Goes to War', but more pretentious. The 'nasty level' is pretty hard to justify given how daft the rest of it is. The story is pretty incoherent & dumb if you ask me. The pompous use of historical / philosophical quotations each time you die just underlines how stupid it is. It's the A-Team. BUT the level design is first-class, and it's all as immersive, exciting & scary as being chased by a rabid dog would be in real life. Yes, nitpickers, I KNOW all the CoD games have pompous quotes in them; it's just that the juxtaposition seems even dumber here"

"In summary: it's very good, but it's not the flippin' messiah or anything. And it has the intellectual depth of Die Hard 4."

Edited by Spookie

In the U.S. Toys R' Us is doing a $20 gift card if you buy the game from 10A.M. to 1P.M.

Seriously? Toys R' Us is becoming a revolving door for me. Thanks to them when I got ODST, I got a $20 gift card from them effectively making MW2 cost only $40. So it now looks like I will be receiving another gift card from them!

That's ridiculous, of course games are art.

Indeed.

Games say more about our social state, our holistic well-being and group intelligence at the time of its release than some ridiculous abstract picture of a chicken with a bisons head.

You know what I don't understand?

How are people who have somehow got this game early playing online?

I see all these new youtube vids of ppl playing online but doesn't it

ban you or something?...

You know what I don't understand?

How are people who have somehow got this game early playing online?

I see all these new youtube vids of ppl playing online but doesn't it

ban you or something?...

Yeah thats one way of getting banned easier.. play it safe lol

Yeah thats one way of getting banned easier.. play it safe lol

How many times does it need to be said:

If you play a legit copy on Live you will not get banned.

Semtex nades are ace, if you're getting chased you can throw them to roofs so when the moron following you catches up they head a head full of shrapnel. Good for clearing out campers on 2nd floors too since most will think the nade has landed on the roof above.

Can't cook it off though which is a pain. Knife is a 1 shot, 1 kill item but takes skill to hit someone with.

Looks great Boz. The only thing that frustrates me is that there is going to be so many high levels already if they have stopped banning people.

A few of my buddies managed to get it early from some friends at gaming stores, I am told the stats all reset on the official release date.