[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I hope all of you bad pirate people upgraded to 1.61 iXtreme otherwise expect the ban hammer :ninja:

1.61 wont stop the banhammer either tho

How many times does it need to be said:

If you play a legit copy on Live you will not get banned.

how many times does it need to be said: that isnt true. I know 2 people now who have been banned in the last week playing legit retail discs, each of them now has to send proof of purchase to MS and they will be unbanned on release day. MS isnt playing around, they want no one playing this game early.

Seriously? Toys R' Us is becoming a revolving door for me. Thanks to them when I got ODST, I got a $20 gift card from them effectively making MW2 cost only $40. So it now looks like I will be receiving another gift card from them!

Yes, seriously. I actually made a mistake. It's from 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M., not to 1:00 P.M. as I previously mentioned. :) I went to TRU for the Batman $30 GC deal at 12:00 last time for the PS3 version and they were sold out. So don't delay going to go it!

Also, Boz, that video was just wow. :yes:

how many times does it need to be said: that isnt true. I know 2 people now who have been banned in the last week playing legit retail discs, each of them now has to send proof of purchase to MS and they will be unbanned on release day. MS isnt playing around, they want no one playing this game early.

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Don't worry folks, anyone who bought a copy early is ok. In general, if you got a receipt, play away. These are illegit copies we're hitting

http://twitter.com/Stepto/status/4929023990

@Stepto I just called xbox customer support, and he said even if I have a legit copy of #MW2 and an unmodded xbox, I will get banned...?
@iMitch_AvA Incorrect. Legit copy of MW2, Unmodded Xbox, A-ok

http://twitter.com/Stepto/status/5523814460

Guy above clearly called no one, he's just scared because internet knowledge guy #2535 on piracy forum number #3242 pulled some BS out of his ass that you get banned with a legit copy.

For the love of god people stop spreading BS like this. I don't know if you're closet pirates upset there's people legitimately playing early whilst your favourite groups haven't done a good rip for you yet, or just jealous your copy is still in the mail, but it's complete **** and bull that you get banned with a legit copy playing early. End of.

then can you explain why my friends are banned?

How well do you know your friends?

Either

a) Mistake, which does not equal MS banning for playing copies early, it means it's an automated system detection error

or

b) They've dabbled in modding and you don't know, MS don't ban instantly for offences they ban months later usually / They've bought their 360s second hand and previous owner has dabbled in modding

or

c) You're talking out your ass, why you would do that I don't know, but "thousands" of people seem to love doing it every time we get a topic on 360 piracy

I agree though..people shouldn't be allowed to play this game early, regardless if it's true they might reset stats on midnight on release day. The fact that people already played and know maps will give them a huge advantage and the number of people who got their copies seems quite large.

They should've just prevented with Xbox Live update or something that as soon as you start the game, it won't allow you to play until the release date.

I'm just jelous and upset I'm not playing :)

How well do you know your friends?

Either

a) Mistake, which does not equal MS banning for playing copies early, it means it's an automated system detection error

or

b) They've dabbled in modding and you don't know, MS don't ban instantly for offences they ban months later usually / They've bought their 360s second hand and previous owner has dabbled in modding

or

c) You're talking out your ass, why you would do that I don't know, but "thousands" of people seem to love doing it every time we get a topic on 360 piracy

like i said i could care less if you believe me, but im not spreading BS people are getting banned with legit copies.

I agree though..people shouldn't be allowed to play this game early, regardless if it's true they might reset stats on midnight on release day. The fact that people already played and know maps will give them a huge advantage and the number of people who got their copies seems quite large.

They should've just prevented with Xbox Live update or something that as soon as you start the game, it won't allow you to play until the release date.

It's usually a few days early at best, really not worth splitting ends over that with "ohhh player advantage".

MW sold 11 million copies on consoles, not all 11 million people bought it day 1, you can buy it months later and still be fine.

Resetting stats is fair, people getting it early, fair enough as well that's happened for decades with games :p

Really? A select few people having now a couple days to play some maps is a huge unfair advantage? It takes like what, 10 minutes to learn a map.... and with only 9 enemies to worry about, it's not like this game is going to be chaotic like the first one. They got lucky with early copies, stop hating.

like i said i could care less if you believe me, but im not spreading BS people are getting banned with legit copies.

Yes you are, this is the biggest piece of BS quote in this topic

MS isnt playing around, they want no one playing this game early.

I outright disproved that remark with official word.

Stephen Toulhouse, his job?

Director of Policy and Enforcement for Xbox LIVE, writer, PR and political junkie, Rock Band video game rocker. Be pure. Be vigilant. Behave!

Sorry bud, I'll believe him over you.

If your friends were genuinely banned it's because of one of my three points, A, B or C.

@Stepto someone claims that MS support told them you would be banning people playing legit copies of mw2 early - is this true?
@Rjsamson nope. Not true. Legit copies on legit non tampered consoles are safe.

http://twitter.com/Stepto/status/5492630712

I have a question, is there split-screen? I REALLY would love to play with my brother online and the campaign, like in Halo 3 and other games.

Also, you can play the game early. They were banned because Microsoft does not know that you have a legit copy or not. Just tell them to send in their proof of purchase and they will be un-banned. Simple as that. ;)

Yes you are, this is the biggest piece of BS quote in this topic

I outright disproved that remark with official word.

Stephen Toulhouse, his job?

Sorry bud, I'll believe him over you.

If your friends were genuinely banned it's because of one of my three points, A, B or C.

you sir seem to getting a little to raged over my comments. I still cant comprehend how you cannot imagine someone getting banned for playing a game BEFORE release date, yes thats what happened, no im not making this up.

I have a question, is there split-screen? I REALLY would love to play with my brother online and the campaign, like in Halo 3 and other games.

Also, you can play the game early. They were banned because Microsoft does not know that you have a legit copy or not. Just tell them to send in their proof of purchase and they will be un-banned. Simple as that. ;)

No co-op on the campaign, split screen on local MP, Spec ops. Not sure if you can bring a friend on live as I haven't got a second pad sorry.

Resetting stats is fair, people getting it early, fair enough as well that's happened for decades with games :p

Stats ok but GED OFF MEH TITLES! :(

Took me ages to get a kill streak with a pistol, I like my cool badge! :D

I still cant comprehend how you cannot imagine someone getting banned for playing a game BEFORE release date, yes thats what happened, no im not making this up.

AB has proof, we have your word. Take a photo then. I'm, at this moment, on live and have been since Friday with my copy of MW2. Never once had MS looming over me saying: "So son, what do you have there?"

ding ding ding we have winner

you sir seem to getting a little to raged over my comments. I still cant comprehend how you cannot imagine someone getting banned for playing a game BEFORE release date, yes thats what happened, no im not making this up.

And I can't comprehend how official word from someone in charge of Xbox Live itself never seems to get through the skulls of those constantly running around saying MS ban anyone who plays games early.

No co-op on the campaign, split screen on local MP, Spec ops. Not sure if you can bring a friend on live as I haven't got a second pad sorry.

Stats ok but GED OFF MEH TITLES! :(

Took me ages to get a kill streak with a pistol, I like my cool badge! :D

AB has proof, we have your word. Take a photo then.

Take a photo of a banned console?

And I can't comprehend how official word from someone in charge of Xbox Live itself never seems to get through the skulls of those constantly running around saying MS ban anyone who plays games early.

maybe not anyone, but some have and i know for a fact that ive seen it.

Take a photo of a banned console?

maybe not anyone, but some have and i know for a fact that ive seen it.

All you may have seen is a banned console, there is no special code telling you what you've been banned for, it's a generic code. Hence why you wouldn't ever even know 100% what the console was banned for, couple that with MS doing a yearly ban wave, not immediate bans, and you get complete chaos and confusion from people spouting belief over fact.

Hence why I asked how well do you know your friends? Is there a chance they do have a modded console? Is the console second hand?

Either way the dispute of MS purposely banning for playing early is over, Xbox Live staff AND Infinity Ward themselves both saying it's okay to play early.

Nooooooo! What do you mean "local MP"? So if I were to say to go and play a game of MP with my bro, I can't play against others? Just people on the local LAN (2 PS3's or X360's connected)?

If so, can anyone tell me if you can't play actual MP with split screen on Live or PSN?

ding ding ding we have winner

:yes: That's all, just tell them to send it in. It's not that MS does not want people to NOT play, it's that they don't know if it is pirated or not. ;)

correction i spoke with one of them and its his gamertag thats banned not his console, which makes more sense to me IMO. He is still able to use the other live account on the box and play on xbox live, just the one he played COD early with.

correction i spoke with one of them and its his gamertag thats banned not his console, which makes more sense to me IMO. He is still able to use the other live account on the box and play on xbox live, just the one he played COD early with.

Are you sure his box isn't modded?

The only time MS have banned Gamertags was a few weeks back for people playing a 2~3 week early botched rip of Forza 3. They tend to ban consoles normally for piracy, not Gamertags.

Sounds like his Gamertag may have been banned for something else, like complaints from online conduct.

Nooooooo! What do you mean "local MP"? So if I were to say to go and play a game of MP with my bro, I can't play against others? Just people on the local LAN (2 PS3's or X360's connected)?

If so, can anyone tell me if you can't play actual MP with split screen on Live or PSN

No idea tech, as I said I don't have two pads to test it with. So I can't tell you if you can bring a guest online. From what I've played so far I've not seen anyone with a guest.

It isnt modded and i know this for a fact. From what ive read they tend to ban consoles for mods and hacks, usually GT if its a temp thing. All i know is i can still play with him on the other account, and according to support it was because he was on CODMW2 early, but was told he will be unbanned upon release.