[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

That's horrible. Makes me think that Infinity Ward was drinking some of Treyarch's kool-aid. holy cow.

Btw Audio, I am getting it for Console also, which sucks, because I HATE playing FPS games on the xbox, but no reason to waste my time/money on the PC version with it being some dumb now.

Does anyone know how much Tescos are selling MW2? I have a Tescos Extra near me so I'll probably pop in there at midnight.

I heard if you buy another top 20 game they'll sell you it for either ?20 or ?26, but I have no idea what standard price they are running with.

Probably ?32 to match Asda. It seems no one is willing to match Sainsburys.

Not just the sawn offs

Any smg & pistol can be 'akimbo'ed.

That's perfectly rational, but a sawn off shotgun?! You might as well akimbo a Desert Eagle (Which if it's in the game [can't remember] cannot be akimbo'd).

Also, that Sniper looks badass.

I've been playing multiplayer most of the day today and I've come to the conclusion that there is just too much ****. They've really gone way overboard with all the stuff that is going on in the game and all the unlockables and challenges.

It feels like an arcade game. There is so much clutter and happy meals falling from the sky on parachutes and harriers and helis and airstrikes and uavs and counter uavs all going on at once. It feels like the twelve players are balls bouncing around a pinball machine with pointscore indicatrors flashing all over. It's just crazy times!

Where do I insert the quarters?!

I'm probably going to suck hard at online :laugh:

I heard if you buy another top 20 game they'll sell you it for either ?20 or ?26, but I have no idea what standard price they are running with.

Probably ?32 to match Asda. It seems no one is willing to match Sainsburys.

If Tescos is anything like it was when GTAIV was released. Get their early.

9pm early.

Yeah I heard Tesco is either ?28/32...

Cheers lads, I'll probably pop in at 9pm then >_> And most probably do the shopping at the same time :(o :(

Wut ? so even buying retail you have to use steam :| ?

Yep.

Having it connected with Steam is a good thing, Punkbuster cheat protection is 10x worse.

Although everything else, thoughts already shared :p

I went with the console version, seeing as I got it for the same price the PC version would be and there's actually basically no benefit to getting it on the PC now over console... aside from graphical improvements.

I agree that the steam connection is fine, I like steam :D. Just that HAVING to have an internet connection to install/play is a little shoddy, plus (and i know this is very minor) I can't play it until tomorrow even though it's sitting here :(

well doesn't make much sense having retail copies then. considering the restrictions would have been wiser to save few bucks and go steam exclusive considering they in part already have pretty much even though you're paying insane amount on steam for it.

modern warfare 2/IW in general summed up lol:

facepalm.jpg

Yep, if I'd known it was steam either way I'd have just bought it digital. Ah well. Perhaps, possibly, we can say it can't get any worse for PC users? :D

Plus I think this is more Activision making the big decisions and screwing us over than IW.

Audio you going on 360 or PSpoo? :D

PS3, free online :p

My Live sub ends this month, and I have an abundance of real life friends buying over both platforms. IW made COD4 pretty much identical on both platforms, so I don't think I have anything to worry about in that sense.

I predict Page 87 at least for discussion pertaining to when the game is actually out.

Cmon people, 17 pages in less then 6 hours or so. You can do it. :laugh:

I am somewhat annoyed my friend has his copy from Game and I know someone else has theres from Shopto.net but I don't have mine! Not sure I can wait until tomorrow now.

Cmon people, 17 pages in less then 6 hours or so. You can do it. :laugh:

Well in the UK we can give you another 9 hours :p

Well in the UK we can give you another 9 hours :p

Oh okay cool. I was trying to account for you guys but I just woke up literally so my math is a little off. :p Have a little more than 14 hours here.

Do you know whether in the game you can play multiplayer challanges against just computer opponents rather than over the internet? I know you can do with with Counter-Strike Source etc.