[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hey DirtyLarry which version are you getting? I know you are a huge PC gamer like myself.. With the way they are screwing us, which version are you getting?

Hey DirtyLarry which version are you getting? I know you are a huge PC gamer like myself.. With the way they are screwing us, which version are you getting?

I'd imagine there will be more people on neowin with the 360 version.

Edit: I ****ING LOVE the slow mo match winning replays. Nothing like watching your self pop someones head off from half a mile away with a SCAR using only ironsights. :D

I'd imagine there will be more people on neowin with the 360 version.

Neowin, 360 fanboy site confirmed :rofl:

My Coolshop order still isn't cancelled but they added this to their site

Due to the release of Modern Warfare 2, our system has been under enormous pressure all day. This means that orders that have been placed today, may not be shipped make it out today. We apologize for the inconvenience and expect to be fully up to speed again by tomorrow.

They've cancelled other peoples so I'm sure I'm in the waiting line.

I have my Asda training all day tomorrow so I won't get to play anyway, and I might just pickup a copy in Asda tomorrow. With staff discount my mate will get me it for ?29.

Im going to cry :( Our delivery at work has "Gone missing" so we have 0 copies on sale until the next delivery on thursday/friday, nearest store other than ours is 23miles away

Amazon are price matching Asda at ?32, I just ordered first class (?33.94), just incase I can't be bothered to go supermarket trawling tomorrow.

If they do dispatch it tonight, and i've gone supermaket trawling I can always return it(to a supermaket or amazon) or cex it.

Also regarding Tescos, saw an advert in The Sun earlier, that its ?25 (i think) when bought with another top 20. They could change later tonight though, so i'd keep checking hotukdeals.com

Edited by acnpt

Sainsbury's@ ?26 is a killer deal, plus with the fact that it's not limited. I'll get my mum to go this week on Thursday or something when I'm at school.

Game arrived this morning, PC version, and it REQUIRES steam and an internet connection to install. I've got my PC sitting here with no internet at the moment due to building works, and am now forced to use my laptop to play it which has wireless connection. Another kick in the teeth for PC users, thanks Activision.

Edit/ and now it's saying my CD key is invalid -_-' I'm running out of teeth activision...

Edit2/ because it's not released yet so steam stops you installing and says code is invalid. So i get it delivered a day early and cant play even single player, yet console users can. Awesome.

Yep, if I'd known it was steam either way I'd have just bought it digital. Ah well. Perhaps, possibly, we can say it can't get any worse for PC users? :D

Plus I think this is more Activision making the big decisions and screwing us over than IW.

Please post something about how IW.Net works. Depending on how it works, I might pick it up. I'm trying to keep an open mind to MW2, but I can't afford to pay $60 for their beta test of IW.net.

Yay rank 21 and I just unlocked my bling perk \o/
Will you be upset when they do the big reset tomorrow?

Will you be upset when they do the big reset tomorrow?

IW have confirmed they aren't resetting any stats whatsoever. The leaderboards maybe, but not levels and unlocks.

Getting a bit bored of the respawn system. It consists of:

Respawn

Walk three feet

Get shot in the back

Respawn

Walk three feet

Die to pred missile

Respawn

Walk three feet

Die due to jet

This maybe unique to TDM though.

Edited by Spookie

Getting a bit bored of the respawn system. It consists of:

Respawn

Walk three feet

Get shot in the back

Resapwn

Walk three feet

Die to pred missile

Respawn

Walk three feet

Die due to jet

Youre playing the wrong mode

Go hardcore

Im going to cry :( Our delivery at work has "Gone missing" so we have 0 copies on sale until the next delivery on thursday/friday, nearest store other than ours is 23miles away

LOL so someone at the store stole all the copies?

Game arrived this morning, PC version, and it REQUIRES steam and an internet connection to install. I've got my PC sitting here with no internet at the moment due to building works, and am now forced to use my laptop to play it which has wireless connection. Another kick in the teeth for PC users, thanks Activision.

Edit/ and now it's saying my CD key is invalid -_-' I'm running out of teeth activision...

Edit2/ because it's not released yet so steam stops you installing and says code is invalid. So i get it delivered a day early and cant play even single player, yet console users can. Awesome.

i just went to the steam site and it says:

Available: November 13th, 2009

This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 10 hours

so no pc players can play it until steam allows the unlock? that means there's no point in trying to pick it up tonight. thanks activision/iw/valve.. ********ers

LOL so someone at the store stole all the copies?

It seems that way lol, i wasn't in work today but i text my co-worker and asked if we had a delivery and got a yes and no answer, the paperwork etc was all signed etc but no sign of the package lol

OH well, Going to asda at midnight for the launch ;)

so no pc players can play it until steam allows the unlock? that means there's no point in trying to pick it up tonight. thanks activision/iw/valve.. ********ers

Calm down, if you buy it on DVD it'll work on Steam on the 10th, the 12th/13th release dates are just for people who purchased it as a digital download off Steam.

My biggest factor was the 360 version is by far the version that the most people I know will be playing the game on.

I was actually going to get it for the PC eventually as well, just so I could put my graphics card to good use finally and take advantage of those things one can usually take advantage of when having the PC version, but now unfortunately I have no reason at all (right now at least) to get it, so just sticking to the 360 for now.

I know you are on my friends list so if you get the 360 version as well feel free to join whatever party I am in at the time. (Y)

I will say this though for everyone on my friends list, in the first few days of release if you send me an invite to play MP and I do not respond, etc., it is because I am really going to try my best to stick to my routine of playing the SP first and then go online for MP. It is a tradition of mine if you want to call it that, and honestly I am all about getting immersed in a SP experience and enjoying that to the fullest, so although it is going to be real tempting to jump online, the way I see it the MP is not going anywhere, I never even prestiged in the last game, so since MP is all about the fun for me, I can wait for it and beat the SP first. With that said if for whatever reason the SP sucks, then I will be online. :laugh: