[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Yes I've played Wasteland. Notice I said most, not all.

Fair enough.

ANYWAY reviews, here is one off my fav critic C. Brooker. I'll be sensationalist and pick the most critical part of the review and post a link for the rest. :p

The previous Modern Warfare title featured a chilling level set in the immediate aftermath of a nuclear explosion during which the player could do nothing but crawl agonizingly through the flaming carnage for a few moments before expiring with a gasp. Modern Warfare 2's big attention-grabbing setpiece is a terrorist atrocity in an airport in which the player (taking the role of an undercover agent) reluctantly takes part. It's upsetting, chilling and horrifying.

You're supposed to be upset and chilled and horrified, of course ? so on that level it succeeds. But if you must directly evoke the Mumbai massacre, it's probably best to do so with good reason. Since the rest of the game is effectively a dumb Tom Clancy romp (full of characters who say things like "I'll see you in hell")it feels jarringly misplaced, like a cartoonish Bond movie containing a 20-minute scene in which Blofeld tortures his cat to death.i> Ultimately it's only there to make the game's main villain seem more "villainy". Not good enough.

Link

Cold: If you thought the story was good I'd recommend reading a book once in a while, hell even comics crank out better storylines:p:p

Popped down to my local Asda only to find there was about 400 people queuing right around the store!

I sure hope Sainsburys tomorrow morning isn't a complete sausage fest.

Edited by ziadoz

Right, rank 29 almost, blinged out my main weapon with a scope and silence just did the same for my machine pistol. Think I'm ready to mow down some lowbies tomorrow. :>

@ WastedJoker - Queuing, how quaint! ;D :p

It's the British way :p

I also bought a Mat Catz camo controller and a strategy guide :ninja:

Gonna scan that tomorrow methinks!

I seen that Camo controller at Gamestop. It actually looked REALLY good. They had a black one for the PS3 and a white/grey one for the Xbox

Popped down to my local Asda only to find there was about 400 people queuing right around the store!

Sounds about right, 1hr 40 min queue, we got there 20 past 11... queue went all the way from the electrical department, down the long back wall and half way back again lol

I will get flamed endlessly for this one but I'll ask anyways. Why do people wait HOURS in line when they can get the same game the next day after work without waiting in line? Does playing the game 12 hours sooner than somebody else make it that much better?

I will get flamed endlessly for this one but I'll ask anyways. Why do people wait HOURS in line when they can get the same game the next day after work without waiting in line? Does playing the game 12 hours sooner than somebody else make it that much better?

No life

i work night shifts atm, so this is the day time for me :) I dont go bed until 8-9am anyway because of work so there is no point getting it the next day when i am working or sleeping :p

2 mates came along with me, one has an xbox in the post and cant play it yet, the other one has a 9am lecture :p

edit: Saying that, Asda was pretty much sold out by the time me and my mates had our copies, we could only see about 20 more copies and the queue was half the size, A fair few people were going for PS3 which i found fairly odd.

Edit 2: Some people are already lvl70 O.o way too much time on their hands i think...