[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

ok; my question; do you have cpu controller teammates? and if you do, do you have to think about them while killing your way trough the game (guide them, heal them and so on)?

I'm asking because I have HATED every single game where this is a part of the gameplay:p of course, if i can kill them, and then be on my way, then there's even more fun ;)

but if get a game over because "your teammate got killed", then the game goes straight into the junk:p

nice, so i can really go on playing it my own way? and never think about protecting them or anything? theeen maaaybee this game is beginning to sound interesting ;)

Talking about aim assist, would you recommend me turning it off completely? I am a PC FPSer coming to the console, with MP not having assist switching it off would help me?

nice, so i can really go on playing it my own way? and never think about protecting them or anything? theeen maaaybee this game is beginning to sound interesting ;)

You're restricted in your freedom to move about the levels mostly but the game does often give you a few differing methods to achieve an objective (such as flanking and use of weapons).

Talking about aim assist, would you recommend me turning it off completely? I am a PC FPSer coming to the console, with MP not having assist switching it off would help me?

Yes. Turning off aim assist will help your MP progress but it'll be a steep learning curve :)

You know what, I think I was completely wrong, as I turned off my console and turned it on again and launched MW2 and now my 5.1 sound light is on.

Weird though, as like I said it happened to my brother in law as well. So never-mind, seems to be working.

I had just read some earlier comments in the thread that led me to believe it was disabled as well, so I was already fired up. LOL

And I believe I am on the very last mission of the SP campaign, but I really need to get to bed here, already stayed up past my normal time. Will complete it tomorrow for sure.

Thanks for the explanation. I am still not sure if the game definitely does 5.1, but now it appears it may.

my onkyo had the dd light/logo all the time (well not for the first 5 minutes as it wasnt selected in the ps3's audio options) still sounds like crap, gunfire and explosions are ok but surround placement is rubbish and voices not using the centre channel is a disgrace. borderlands on ps3 is equally rubbish, last shooter i played on the 360 was operation flashpoint dragon rising and that sounds great

Yes. Turning off aim assist will help your MP progress but it'll be a steep learning curve :)

Best way to learn, dive straight into the deep end :p ..

I'll give it a go :)

For any xbox livers out there who want to play online etc - add Raktael

:) I'm loving the MP so far, haven't had as much chance on the SP yet, but the MP makes it worth it for me.

Very dissapointed. The way it was hyped i expected more.

Levels while big felt really small as there was only a narrow corridor you run up to the next kill box where waves of enemies come at you then you move on to the next kill box. The sheer amount of enemies thrown at you is ridiculous. I enjoyed the stealth missions more where you had to be conservative of ammo and who you kill so you dont alert the enemy.

The set pieces were brilliant, they are the things i loved most about MW1. The ice climing, skidoos, running along the rooftops without a gun, etc.. Im not even going to comment on the airport mission as i dont really have much to say on the matter that hasnt already been said, i did have to close the game after that section was a little too disturbing.

I did enjoy the varied amount of things you do like the predator missile bits and the variation in locations is brilliant. Dissapointed that Glenn Morshower (Agent Aaron Pierce from 24) only had a supporting voice role, would have enjoyed fighting alongside him, and the ending was very satisfying after what happens in the last half of the game.

Bit short for a ?35 RRP game and its definately a rent not a buy, havent touched on multiplayer as i only borrowed the game to play single player and i played it in one sitting.

Clearly left open for a sequel or a spinoff with Soap and Captain Price, bit dissappointed as i wanted a bit of closure on the story

Edited by Richard Hammond

Clearly left open for a sequel or a spinoff with Soap and Captain Price, bit dissappointed as i wanted a bit of closure on the story

It's a cash cow that keeps on giving.

Part of me wants to buy the PC version, but the other part wants to not buy it at all. Seriously, how could the PC version be so crippled?

• Lack of dedicated servers
  • Lack of 'console' for commands
  • Max player count of 18 (9v9)
  • Small but annoying pauses due to host migration (if a host rage-quits)

You can't even kick people in ranked matches. Honestly, that's just pathetic. I loved Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare so much that I basically told every gamer I knew to get it back in '07. Why? Well, it was an amazing game. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for its sequel. It's just full of cut-features that, for the most part, were present in a game that was released in '07. That's not all though. We're left with the icing on the cake: the game's price. Normally, new PC games are priced at $49.99 which is usually cheaper than their console counterparts. However, that simply isn't the case with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The PC version is priced at $59.99, just like the X360/PS3 versions.

Since when do you pay $59.99 for a PC game that isn't a Collector's or Limited Edition?

Part of me wants to buy the PC version, but the other part wants to not buy it at all. Seriously, how could the PC version be so crippled?

• Lack of dedicated servers
  • Lack of 'console' for commands
  • Max player count of 18 (9v9)
  • Small but annoying pauses due to host migration (if a host rage-quits)

You can't even kick people in ranked matches. Honestly, that's just pathetic. I loved Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare so much that I basically told every gamer I knew to get it back in '07. Why? Well, it was an amazing game. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for its sequel. It's just full of cut-features that, for the most part, were present in a game that was released in '07. That's not all though. We're left with the icing on the cake: the game's price. Normally, new PC games are priced at $49.99 which is usually cheaper than their console counterparts. However, that simply isn't the case with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The PC version is priced at $59.99, just like the X360/PS3 versions.

Since when do you pay $59.99 for a PC game that isn't a Collector's or Limited Edition?

I dunno aye, it's just not worth paying for. I perhaps will just download it from you know where and play the single player campaign especially since the first (Cod4) was quite good. I'm not a big fan of throwing money away for crap or ported games (I'm looking at you EA). To be honest, I'm quite bored of multiplayer games at the moment and games in general, they just don't have that long livability anymore. I'm still waiting eagerly for and Assassins Creed 2 :D and Half Life 2, Episode 3 :D :D :D

Okay, finally finished campaign. And well, whoa, once again. Zimmers score was just perfect. Also very satisfying ending. Id have to say that as far as single player goes this must be game of the year for me. Short but very tight and impressive.

Just finished SP and hmmm... took me about 6 hours but the action was great, much faster and better than in MW1 :) And after you finish it you can play spec ops. I'll wait for my friend so we can play it coop :) But the game guys, it's really that good :)

I dunno aye, it's just not worth paying for. I perhaps will just download it from you know where and play the single player campaign especially since the first (Cod4) was quite good.

So, that's how you do things? You decide it's not worthy to pay for and just steal it?

If it's worthy to play then it's worthy to pay.

I got the game today, and just had time to jump into a MP game, my first game, and got the Accolade "Kill Entire Team without dying" I never had such a great match before, not even in COD4.

Deffinetly going to invest alot of time in MP.

my onkyo had the dd light/logo all the time (well not for the first 5 minutes as it wasnt selected in the ps3's audio options) still sounds like crap, gunfire and explosions are ok but surround placement is rubbish and voices not using the centre channel is a disgrace. borderlands on ps3 is equally rubbish, last shooter i played on the 360 was operation flashpoint dragon rising and that sounds great

Thanks for the reply, was hoping other people would confirm or deny. So okay it is not just me with the sound. Good to know. (Y)

We should start a clan or at least have a few MP games for all of the PS3 owners on this thread - what do you guys think of that idea?