[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

So I'm back from Uni for the weekend, and that means it's finally time for a bit of MW2!

Now, I've only played about 1hr30 of the SP and about 30min of the MP and I can't see that the appeal is going to last. Once I complete the SP and go back through it for the intel (I'm a bit of a trophy ######), I think that other games will steal its thunder (eg. Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed 2, etc).

Doubt I'll be able to finish the SP this weekend either, so it'll be another 3 weeks until I break up properly for Christmas before I can polish that off.

I'm glad I payed ?26 for it rather than ?40 or whatever, I'd be very dissapointed with what I got if I had.

The ping situation for the pc is a bit annoying, as whoever hosting (as long as they're good) are always at the top and extremely hard to win a knief v knief situation. Its kinda depressin watching it find a game as well, cycling through the differents pings <50ms nope, <70ms nope, <100ms nope <150ms nope, <200ms yes found a server for you lol. I just hope they do improve it soon a base it on proper location, but majority of players on the server are in the same situation so cnt complain too much.

Btw anyone notice lag on SpecOps, a few times me and my mate play it gets very jumpy/laggy in parts even if both of us have 30-60ms pings, which makes me think something up with IWnet???

Btw anyone notice lag on SpecOps, a few times me and my mate play it gets very jumpy/laggy in parts even if both of us have 30-60ms pings, which makes me think something up with IWnet???

Tried it, once, friend connected to me who was also on Be*. Got a ping of 40 and a tonne of rubber banding. :/

Still not completed the forced co-op missions! :s

Edit: ROFLLOLSPELLINZ.

Edited by Spookie

For some reason I've had really bad luck today with hosts having really crappy bandwidth, on the 360. I kept having to quit the match because I couldn't even move, then my char would just start warping around the map. The switching hosts thing doesn't really work that well in this case, because it usually just drops you out of the game saying the connection to host was lost.

When it does the host migration thing, that it does quite often on the PS3 with me, it usually picks me as the host and all is well then, and everyone seems to have a pretty good ping to me.

For some reason I've had really bad luck today with hosts having really crappy bandwidth, on the 360. I kept having to quit the match because I couldn't even move, then my char would just start warping around the map. The switching hosts thing doesn't really work that well in this case, because it usually just drops you out of the game saying the connection to host was lost.

Join the club. :>

When it does the host migration thing, that it does quite often on the PS3 with me, it usually picks me as the host and all is well then, and everyone seems to have a pretty good ping to me.

Aye, that's the thing. Why the hell doesn't it choose us with the better connections and uploads first? Why does it always pick the same host as long as they are still connected? It should reassess the host before leaving the lobby. Too busy rushing the game out the door to improve the netcode! ;/

Aye, that's the thing. Why the hell doesn't it choose us with the better connections and uploads first? Why does it always pick the same host as long as they are still connected? It should reassess the host before leaving the lobby. Too busy rushing the game out the door to improve the netcode! ;/

That's what I thought. I don't exactly have the best speeds in the world, but I'm better than most of the people on there. Some of the games I've had are just so damn laggy, yet it doesn't try to find another host. ?? Ah well, I think I'm only going to play it with my friends now anyway, and I'll be the host because even they have crap connections.

Had all sorts of issues last night and today trying to get games started. It seemed at first it was any time we invited a new person into the party it would screw up. We'd always have to back out and re-search.

But today it's x10 worse. We have to back in and out multiple times before we can stay together, and then even when we did, people kept being kicked from the XBL party chat :confused:

Had all sorts of issues last night and today trying to get games started. It seemed at first it was any time we invited a new person into the party it would screw up. We'd always have to back out and re-search.

But today it's x10 worse. We have to back in and out multiple times before we can stay together, and then even when we did, people kept being kicked from the XBL party chat :confused:

You can't do party chat with MW2!

Yeah like Chris said, there is certain game modes which let you, Ground War (the one we play) for instance.
You will be able to use Party Chat in these play modes: Mercenary Team Deathmatch, Free-For-All, Third Person Teams.

However, you won't be able to use Party Chat in the following: Domination, Ground War, Demolition, Sabotage, Headquarters Pro, Search & Destroy, Hardcore Search & Destroy, Capture The Flag, Team Deathmatch, Hardcore Team Deathmatch, Third Person Cagematch.

Source: http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/games/c/cal...036;1338219.htm

:blink:

Says you can't for Ground War?

Source: http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/games/c/cal...036;1338219.htm

:blink:

Trust teh Munky :p

There is 3 different "rules" over party chat.

You have the game modes which completely disallow it. Then you have game modes which allow party chat as long as they aren't MW2 parties and then you have others which allow party chat even on MW2.

Doesn't sound too hard, esp if you have scavenger equipped so you can keep loading up on ammo.

Just gotta be good at the game and not die :p

mw2loadout1.jpg

Can't aim without the red dot sight, takes too long to zero in with irons! I just blast them, move to a new location and keep getting the drop on them without giving my self away to the rest of the team all the time. Can camp in a location some times till I get my pred missile, double kill on that to my harrier then airstrike to my emergency. Job done. :D

Fortunately, as you can see, lucky me I ran out of ammo on my primary and secondary :E

Wish you could scroll through kill streaks though. Pain in the arse to get my drop and still need to use my harrier!

mw2loadout1.jpg

Can't aim without the red dot sight, takes too long to zero in with irons! I just blast them, move to a new location and keep getting the drop on them without giving my self away to the rest of the team all the time. Can camp in a location some times till I get my pred missile, double kill on that to my harrier then airstrike to my emergency. Job done. :D

Fortunately, as you can see, lucky me I ran out of ammo on my primary and secondary :E

Wish you could scroll through kill streaks though. Pain in the arse to get my drop and still need to use my harrier!

Agreed! That's been ****ing me off actually. Esp if you have a UAV and want to use an airstrike but can't see them on the map.

Yeah last night was annoying enough but today takes the cake for the worse I have ever seen Live behave personally. I could not stay in the party at all which was so weird. I was actually going to suggest we tried the game chat but did not want to have to hear the idiots that I know would have been on and especially since I was only playing for like an hour.

Without a doubt Ground War supports Live Party Chat. It is what we play the most as a result.

Longest range, most accurate gun and almost no recoil. But, does as much damage as an M4. If you can aim for the head take it over the SCAR.

I think I'll take it over the SCAR-H when its available then - the massive lack of recoil would be even better on my PS3 due to the sway effect.