[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

It's not that big of an advantage really, yes it gets the glitcher some kills but 5/10 he dies before he gets close to anyone and I'm playing Hardcore, so they usually take out a teammate as well, annoying them in the process. It was definitely much worse when I was forced to play in regular ( below Rank 19 ).

I messaged one of the glitchers, just said "glitchfag" and he replied to me 10 minutes later "ur 21 get a life" ... The hell does my age has to do with him glitching :laugh: ?

Am starting to enjoy the game, finally - Home on the cheat-free console and past the regular-tard modes, back in Hardcore where I belong :cool: Having a blast. I also just had a hilarious game, before the game started I just blurted out "You puff!" a few guys laughed and for 4 S&D rounds, everyone constantly used it with some variation "Ohhh you ****ing puff", "I got puffed", "OH MY PUFF", "You puff" when someone got shot, died, planted, disarmed etc.

Akimbo options shouldnt be allowed in this game at all

Might as well get teletubbies for characters and friggin lasers for weapons since we're moving towards this unrealistic environment :s

But obviously IW made it an option for pretty much everything to lure in the tacticool kids - they succeeded

Don't be silly. The game isn't supposed to be realistic. Anyway akimbo isn't that great with most guns. I rarely see anyone using it. Though the duel shotguns can be pretty cheap...

Generally Akimbo isn't very practical in the game.

I agree the akimbo shotguns are stupid. They're so damn overpowered it's ridiculous. I shouldn't be able to die from a shotgun blast when I'm like 30ft away from the guy/girl using it.

I agree the akimbo shotguns are stupid. They're so damn overpowered it's ridiculous. I shouldn't be able to die from a shotgun blast when I'm like 30ft away from the guy/girl using it.

Yes you should it's realistic! ;D

I knew it wasnt realistic when you have to unlock the red dot and eotech for every gun despite it having a 1" standard milspec mount which should fit on most guns in the game, got bored of having to unlock everything for each gun.

What do people recommend for weapons? I've heard, and never use, sub-machine guns. It's usually an assault rifle on multiplayer play.

Always hated the unlock system in MW, this new unlock system sounds a lot worse and seems like even more stupid perks which take skill out of the game (akimbo...). Looks like I'll be giving this one a miss.

What do people recommend for weapons? I've heard, and never use, sub-machine guns. It's usually an assault rifle on multiplayer play.

The knife.

Just run around the map knifing people. It gets a one shot kill and other players hate it.

lol just tried the launcher and semtex glitch, have to say highly amusing to run upto sum1 and explode when they kill you, though its seems many know the trick as run upto a few ppl and they try and run away, dont even try and shoot or knife you. I can see it becoming very annoying and i will probs be fixed fairly soon, but could be quite a good defence against the ppl who run around knifing everyone (like i do on certain maps)

Yep SMG's have been nerfed on basically all but one map (Skidrow). Because of the larger maps that IW made, SMG's are just not conducive to the game play anymore. I find it highly disappointing because I quite liked the smaller maps with more frenetic action.

I just started a round 14 - 0 with nothing but knife kills lol. I love this knifing class. P90 + AA-12 + Marathon Pro + Lightweight + Commando Pro.

For my knifing class i have the Vector due to it accuracy and the M9 with tactical knife so stab quicker, thus good chance in winning a knife stand off.

Wonder if they'll do anything about the map glitches, i myself have just found out how to get on top of one of the office buildings in highrise, which is the perfect sniping spot, after watchin a few youtube vids about the glitches

For my knifing class i have the Vector due to it accuracy and the M9 with tactical knife so stab quicker, thus good chance in winning a knife stand off.

Wonder if they'll do anything about the map glitches, i myself have just found out how to get on top of one of the office buildings in highrise, which is the perfect sniping spot, after watchin a few youtube vids about the glitches

So, basically, you're admitting to cheating in a game?

Sounds like alot of people have a knifing class now. I've got and I named it "Mr Stabby" :laugh:

I've pretty much stopped playing this game though, but if I do boot it up for lols, I just use my Mr Stabby class for quick satisfaction.

Marathon

Lightweight

Commando

FTW.

Hmm after readin bowlings twitter page "First title update will be a big one. We've been taking notes since release and working. I'll post details before it ships"

it seems a large update is gettin pushed out soon, so think we can say bye to the various map and weapon glitches, though i wonder which weapons they will nerf, im guessin shotguns. Oh and the PC version should get the javelin fix very soon once testing is done, before the consoles as doesnt need approval from steam

I for one hope they add the option of choosing a map to play, as today i played the same 3 maps over and over again, got very annoying lol

So, basically, you're admitting to cheating in a game?

tbh i wouldnt call it cheating. To get on the roof is quite difficult and i died multiple times. And most of the places are quite open (esp to harriers etc), so yeah some might be great sniper spots but after 2-3 shots sum1 should notice (esp if they watch killcam) and can take them out easily. And they've been used so many times they're one of the first things i look at. I personally dont mind some of the map glitches, just another part of the map to me, just like another hiding spot

Hmm after readin bowlings twitter page "First title update will be a big one. We've been taking notes since release and working. I'll post details before it ships"

it seems a large update is gettin pushed out soon, so think we can say bye to the various map and weapon glitches, though i wonder which weapons they will nerf, im guessin shotguns. Oh and the PC version should get the javelin fix very soon once testing is done, before the consoles as doesnt need approval from steam

I for one hope they add the option of choosing a map to play, as today i played the same 3 maps over and over again, got very annoying lol

I'm sure the 1887 shotguns will have to be nerfed in some way. They can leave the damage where its at, but they really need to decrease the range.

tbh i wouldnt call it cheating. To get on the roof is quite difficult and i died multiple times. And most of the places are quite open (esp to harriers etc), so yeah some might be great sniper spots but after 2-3 shots sum1 should notice (esp if they watch killcam) and can take them out easily. And they've been used so many times they're one of the first things i look at. I personally dont mind some of the map glitches, just another part of the map to me, just like another hiding spot

I think you'll find that's classified as cheating.

I think you'll find that's classified as cheating.

I'm debating with myself whether those areas you're actually meant to be able to reach though. A lot of the places that seem like areas you 'glitch' to get to, usually contain the teddy bears that the CoD games have become synonymous with. The roof on highrise, the ledge bit inside opposite building on the same map (above the desk type bit at the back, you use a ladder to get up to it too. The A capture point if you play Domination.) They're all littered with the teddy bears, perhaps IW designed the maps in such a way that you were expected to get there eventually?

I guess we'll see when the first patch comes out.

Yep SMG's have been nerfed on basically all but one map (Skidrow). Because of the larger maps that IW made, SMG's are just not conducive to the game play anymore. I find it highly disappointing because I quite liked the smaller maps with more frenetic action.

I used to think this, but the SMG's really grew on me after a few games. The Vector can really be very efficient on alot of maps, especially with a red dot sight and rapid fire. Although the maps are quite large they are fairly tight.