[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The other thing I think that really needs to be pointed out again is the lack of true 5.1 surround sound. For such a high-profile Triple A title, I seriously need to know WTF were they thinking and how can anyone release a game these days without 5.1. I just am dumbfounded by the lack of it. I truly am.

And I checked the back of the box, it indeed only says In-Game Dolby Digital, and my fancy new Onkyo Receiver I just purchased specifically for this game, well the little orange light that usually comes on when 5.1 (or higher) is enabled and being output comes on, and yep, no little light. I thought perhaps I had somehow changed a setting, but put in another game and light came on right away. My brother in law actually just called me as well bitching about it, his blue light on his receiver is not on either, and honestly I am just left scratching my head, and the sound really does get almost muddy when there is to much going on.

:iiam:

Shepherd's script and voice actor are terrible.

Otherwise, being only 2 missions in, I have no complaints. Very fun so far (Y)

Why oh why did they have to botch the multiplayer part!?! Single Player campaign is just ****ing epic. I usually find single player in games mostly just a snorefest, but this is tight. I mean wow. Also you can see what they have inspired from in some places.. The Rock (I mean, the movie with NC) im looking at you. Graphics are quite ok as well. You can still tell its same old cod engine with touchups, but still thers lots to see.

Otherwise, being only 2 missions in, I have no complaints. Very fun so far thumbs_up.gif

Well, seemed fine to me. And voice acting in general so far seems perfect. For bad voice job go and see arma II :D

The other thing I think that really needs to be pointed out again is the lack of true 5.1 surround sound. For such a high-profile Triple A title, I seriously need to know WTF were they thinking and how can anyone release a game these days without 5.1. I just am dumbfounded by the lack of it. I truly am.

And I checked the back of the box, it indeed only says In-Game Dolby Digital, and my fancy new Onkyo Receiver I just purchased specifically for this game, well the little orange light that usually comes on when 5.1 (or higher) is enabled and being output comes on, and yep, no little light. I thought perhaps I had somehow changed a setting, but put in another game and light came on right away. My brother in law actually just called me as well bitching about it, his blue light on his receiver is not on either, and honestly I am just left scratching my head, and the sound really does get almost muddy when there is to much going on.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1428110...vdr_111009.html

IGN said good Audio in its review. :/

I've been playing multiplayer and decimating, i'm level 10 and have gotten all these weird titles and emblems. I haven't enjoyed the single player so far (i just can't seem to get into it) and multiplayer feels just like CoD 4, with some touch ups.

What is the difference between Dolby Digital and true 5.1 surround sound? My 3-4 year Onkyo receiver has Dolby digital, but I have never seen anything else come on when playing games on the 360.

What is the difference between Dolby Digital and true 5.1 surround sound? My 3-4 year Onkyo receiver has Dolby digital, but I have never seen anything else come on when playing games on the 360.

Dolby Digital is a codec... it doesn't necessarily have to be 5.1. You can have Dolby Digital with 2 channels.

You should check that in your Xbox 360 settings you have Dolby Digital 5.1 checked.

Unfortunately Xbox 360 doesn't have anything better than DD 5.1. So that's the best you'll get, regardless of HDMI existence.

You know what, I think I was completely wrong, as I turned off my console and turned it on again and launched MW2 and now my 5.1 sound light is on.

Weird though, as like I said it happened to my brother in law as well. So never-mind, seems to be working.

I had just read some earlier comments in the thread that led me to believe it was disabled as well, so I was already fired up. LOL

And I believe I am on the very last mission of the SP campaign, but I really need to get to bed here, already stayed up past my normal time. Will complete it tomorrow for sure.

Dolby Digital is a codec... it doesn't necessarily have to be 5.1. You can have Dolby Digital with 2 channels.

You should check that in your Xbox 360 settings you have Dolby Digital 5.1 checked.

Unfortunately Xbox 360 doesn't have anything better than DD 5.1. So that's the best you'll get, regardless of HDMI existence.

Thanks for the explanation. I am still not sure if the game definitely does 5.1, but now it appears it may.

You know what, I think I was completely wrong, as I turned off my console and turned it on again and launched MW2 and now my 5.1 sound light is on.

Weird though, as like I said it happened to my brother in law as well. So never-mind, seems to be working.

I had just read some earlier comments in the thread that led me to believe it was disabled as well, so I was already fired up. LOL

And I believe I am on the very last mission of the SP campaign, but I really need to get to bed here, already stayed up past my normal time. Will complete it tomorrow for sure.

Thanks for the explanation. I am still not sure if the game definitely does 5.1, but now it appears it may.

hmm, still no center channel for voice, tho... but then again,

maybe thats not such a bad thing after all

Arg! I should just stop reading this thread and get back to studying. At a minimum I shouldn't touch the game until late Thursday night unless I want my grades to suffer. :p A huge test and report being due this week has to be the worst timing ever.

Although I did play for 20 minutes earlier today after I got it. Just enough time to run through the training course three times to get the achievement (under 30 seconds).

Anyone else getting malware messages from Chrome on the previous page of this thread?

The website at www.neowin.net contains elements from the site dl.dropbox.com, which appears to host malware ? software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

Anyone notice how the game jacket feels very cheap? :/ It has some weird shape cut off from both sides. When I was opening my mail, almost thought the disk has broken because it was flexing easily.

Although I did play for 20 minutes earlier today after I got it. Just enough time to run through the training course three times to get the achievement (under 30 seconds).

nice, oh! how I suck at this game. I never got the one in MW1 and even in this my best time is 50+ :D

Pretty fun - better than COD4 is my impression cause I like the co-op ability

mind you Co-OP isn't Story Co-op.. it's more like 'other features' co-op.

on that note.. anyone want to do some Spec-Ops with me? lol

Few missions into the SP and really enjoying it. Though it doesnt feel quite as special or 'new' as CoD4.

Tried some MP, and can see the huge potential there for it to be awesome, but the match-making system just really destroys it.

Oh, and what the hell happened to lean left and right?! Could you really not be bothered to add that in IW? Only notice how much I used it now it's gone.

Few missions into the SP and really enjoying it. Though it doesnt feel quite as special or 'new' as CoD4.

Tried some MP, and can see the huge potential there for it to be awesome, but the match-making system just really destroys it.

Oh, and what the hell happened to lean left and right?! Could you really not be bothered to add that in IW? Only notice how much I used it now it's gone.

Knowing activision probably implied it as cheating this time round and decided to go counter strike full body doorway/corner sweeping lol.

Knowing activision probably implied it as cheating this time round and decided to go counter strike full body doorway/corner sweeping lol.

Thats pretty dumb, afaik soilders do lean left & right. :laugh:

Coming from the PC, where I played almost all my FPS games including the first Modern warfare, I decided to buy the PS3 version (?26 a too good to give up, considering the limits on the PC version) .. anyway I was quite surprised how well I played considering this is myfirst> FPS game on a console. Yes I've played 3rd Person shooters (e.g. Uncharted 1 & 2) but FPS is a bit different. The controlling system is OK, I see that there is a bit of aim assists (playing on regular) I guess each level adjusts how much assist you get???

I do like the "rumble" from the control feels more immersive.

Only played the SP for about an 1hr or so and I jumped on MP for an hour and wasn't hammered:pp

Really enjoying it....and yes thats surprising as I thought...controller vs Mouse & Keyboard...surely M & KB wins! ... not really:pp