[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

wow..just to get online and play some multiplayer and it is SICK! If they defined the genre with COD4 for multiplayer fragging, MW2 takes it to a whole new ball game. It's sooo much fun.

And they fixed all of the issues I had with COD4. When playing non-hardcore modes it felt that all guns were really underpowered and it took you a damn clip to take someone down even if they had no perks.

MW2 is so sick with the abilities and perks and all the other crap it's amazing. The guns feel pretty damn real and with Stopping power and certain guns you now really can take them down with 1 or 2 shots which almost feels as good as old Hardcore mode did.

I love the setup I have now:

If I want to be silent:

scar with silencer and holographic sights

secondary: that small uzi like gun you have from the start

stopping power pro

stun nades x2

semtex

steady aim

scrabbler

killstreaks: 3: UAV, 5: Sentry Gun, 7: Harrier

if I don't want to be silent, I take off silencer and bling and replace it with scavanger pro so I can also pick up ammo and get additional clip.

I'm level 21 now. Just started playing this evening. I can't even imagine what happens when you get higher up and unlock other cool stuff.

Awesome, awesome game. As I was a bit disappointing with the story execution in single player, MP is just sick.

Also, I LOVE Spec-Ops. I played Solo to try it out and The Pit (27.99 secs) and I played the Sniping Spec-ops where you have to go through an area packed with guards and dogs. Pretty intense.

Sounds like I'm screwed then. I'll be able to play MP for the first time Friday but man I am getting nervous my KDR is going to take a dive from the start.

Wasn't this how matchmaking was more or less in the original though (level matchup wise)?

Well first off I am sure you will be fine, you have a true skill at this game and I do mean that, you are pretty much the most consistent really damn good player from MW I played with, and I think that will overcome the people who are just not that good but know the maps like the back of their hand. Me, I am only okay, so the same people own me, no other way to put it.

And yeah I guess it is how it was in the orginal, but I guess I just got to know the maps so it did not bother me as much as it does right now.

Glad to see other people getting it. I was like there's no way the game has sold 6 million copies and counting and so far and EVERYONE is level 25+ :laugh:

Heck there's always level 1~9 characters in games, even months later.

It's pretty poor IMO, not that beginner friendly. I mean it does try to balance in that I had like a level 30+ player, and two high teens, where as the other team were in like the low/mid 20's. However me at level 1 trying to combat level 20's with better weapons/perks ect is rather unfair.

I was playing last night against people who had already prestiged. I am a Level 14 myself and I think the highest we had in our party was a 24 maybe. So yeah, not a great job of matchmaking there. LOL

But I do have to say with the whole CopyCat perk and being able to pick up other peoples weapons if they die and some other aspects, I actually do think they try their best to make it a little more beginner friendly.

The PIT record from IW is 22.10 secs I think. Crazy.

Jeez, I got it down to about 29 seconds, enough to get the trophy for it.

Don't think I'll ever get it to anything below 28 though.

How does The Pitt play in Spec Ops, do you both go through the same one? :blink:

When I got 31 seconds in spec ops mode I was rather chuffed with myself. Then I saw the IW record. I can't see how it can be done that quickly.

Also, +1 on the matchmaking being poor.

Perhaps the game was desperate to put you with people at first given the garbage server set-up they had, and soon everything will be better.

I was playing last night against people who had already prestiged. I am a Level 14 myself and I think the highest we had in our party was a 24 maybe. So yeah, not a great job of matchmaking there. LOL

IMG_0044.jpg

:laugh:

It doesn't matter what rank they are, Matchmaking wont go by that, it'll go by overall skill and quite simply the games available at the time. Remember, they added Death Streaks to level the playing field so matchmaking can focus on getting you into the best game quickly.

It doesn't matter what rank they are, Matchmaking wont go by that, it'll go by overall skill and quite simply the games available at the time. Remember, they added Death Streaks to level the playing field so matchmaking can focus on getting you into the best game quickly.

That's great Kushan but many games with matchmaking have a setting to pair you with similarly levelled players and I prefer that.

It's a few days after release so no, no one needs to come back and say to me "BUT EVERYONE IS LEVEL 20+ ALREADY", cause they aren't.

Levels aren't just about skill, it's about map awareness as well.

I would prefer to be matched with someone on the same skill level as me rather than level. People can be horrible bust still have a high level.

I personally only have a K:D ratio of about .75 and would hate to vs. people with a 2.0 or such.

I would prefer to be matched with someone on the same skill level as me rather than level. People can be horrible bust still have a high level.

I personally only have a K:D ratio of about .75 and would hate to vs. people with a 2.0 or such.

I do understand that, but not when I'm rank 1-10, it's hardly about k/d ratio then, it's about being completely new to the game and knowing nothing.

They should match noobs with noobs :p

I do understand that, but not when I'm rank 1-10, it's hardly about k/d ratio then, it's about being completely new to the game and knowing nothing.

They should match noobs with noobs :p

I haven't been able to follow the entire post, but did you say whether or not you had played the original at all?

I haven't been able to follow the entire post, but did you say whether or not you had played the original at all?

Decent amount of experience with the first, but IW can't really make a game based off the belief EVERYONE who'll buy the sequel played the hell out of the first.

Anyway before it looks like I'm angry about this I'm not, I just think it's a little careless and kicks off MW2 as frustrating more than fun for me when I finish with 2 kills, 16 deaths :p Most of that not because I'm REALLY bad, but I have no clue about the maps and I'm playing with rank 30+ players who know them back to front.

For the first couple of ranks at least it should try to keep you with players say 10~13 and under, then after that for the sake of speed open it up to higher ranks. Just IMO anyway. Obviously 9 months after the games released and you're playing it for the first time that might be harder.

Do most of you use your sights when you are shooting? I think I die a lot because of it.

Only with long range kills mostly. If someone is right there next to me I learned by watching the kill cam one to many times that most people shoot from the hip, especially when you are pretty close to the person, so it really depends on the situation. But for awhile I just always tried to shoot aiming down the sights, and as I said I learned quickly that did not work all that well.

Only with long range kills mostly. If someone is right there next to me I learned by watching the kill cam one to many times that most people shoot from the hip, especially when you are pretty close to the person, so it really depends on the situation. But for awhile I just always tried to shoot aiming down the sights, and as I said I learned quickly that did not work all that well.

I think this is why I'm dying so much.

Ok guys I need help with the Pitt so I can get the achievment! Could someone please tell me the combination of guns to use because I have a feeling it's just a matter of using up one gun and switching guns instead of reloading (be ause it's faster) and the using your knife for the last target before the final run to the finish am I wayy off?

WHOA!!! That ac130 is ****ing amazing!!

Just playing the hedge map, killed three with a pred drone, then got ac130 from a care package.

The other team kept respawning/staying in groups of 3 :laugh: got about 10 kills with it!, and it ended up as the winning kill :)

If they did what they did for the PC version to bring it into parity with the console versions, why aren't I getting GFWL achievements then? I don't want Steam achievements which don't add to my gamerscore! :D

Plus, where's my cross-plat play then damn it.

how many total MP maps are there?

15, with several re-skinned from CoD2/4 though.

And 23 Spec Ops missions I believe.