US Open 2009

Federer played so badly that I almost crushed my remote when I saw him blow his lead. He was so close to finishing up the match in four sets and just absolutely blows it. Absolutely disappointing!

Congrats to Del Potro. Amazing how Federer loses his cool when he is on the back foot!

The one thing I don't like about the US Open is the crowd noise level, especially during the point. One thing that I personally feel puts Wimbledon over the US Open is the discipline required from the spectators for total silence during the point. The constant banter in the background must be a real put off at times.

Well done JMDP! Federer really played crap in the ending sets, lost his cool and missed so many chances to end the match. Would have been happier if Fed had played well and still JMDP would have won.

Anyone know where I can watch the final again? Due to other occupations I couldn't watch it till the end and with this amazing outcome I would love to see it fully.

Anyone know where I can watch the final again? Due to other occupations I couldn't watch it till the end and with this amazing outcome I would love to see it fully.

Torrents.

Congrats to Del Potro. Amazing how Federer loses his cool when he is on the back foot!

The one thing I don't like about the US Open is the crowd noise level, especially during the point. One thing that I personally feel puts Wimbledon over the US Open is the discipline required from the spectators for total silence during the point. The constant banter in the background must be a real put off at times.

Federer is always a cool tennis player but he seems to just have that determined spirit that day.

The US Open is unique in that way. Us, Americans, are quite rambunctious when it comes to sporting events and we turn it into a football game. That's what makes US Open a unique hard court venue. The crowd cheers on anyone that captures their emotion rather than technique so if the Wimbledon final happened in US Open, Federer would in no way keep returning Roddick's fantastic serves and buckle under the pressure.

Federer was completely off yesterday. His first serve percentage was horrendous (< 50%).