Windows 7 - Sleep Option?

Alright, so here's the problem i'm facing in Windows 7: even though in control panel > power options, the option is set to: "Never" for the following tasks "Choose when to turn off the display / Choose when the computer sleeps" my computer screen gets locked after a minute if don't move the mouse, and to get it back to normal i have to click on my account display picture.

So, how can i not let my computer go to sleep?

PS. i'm using "Balanced (recommended) power plan".

Uncheck the "Require Password on Resume" option in the Screensaver's configuration dialog box.

There's no such option in Screensaver's configuration dialog box. Here's how i accessed screen saver config box: desktop, right click, personalize, screensaver.

also make sure your settings here too are right , in case.

These settings are right.

Still the same problem.

The screensaver option actually says "On resume, display login screen". Make sure that's unchecked.

I've always had problems with Power Options in every version in Windows. I found in Windows 7, it helped if I created my own power plan. In Power Options, you'll see "Create a power plan" in the left column.

If all else fails, this little program runs in the background and prevents your system from idling.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscel.../Caffeine.shtml

The screensaver option actually says "On resume, display login screen". Make sure that's unchecked.

Is there any other way to uncheck that option without creating a power plan?

You don't need to modify sleep to stop Windows from locking itself when it sleeps. I think. :/

You misunderstood me. I was just mentioning that the text says "On resume, display login screen". They changed it in Windows 7, it used to say "On resume, password protect" in XP.

It's not under Power Options, it's under Personalize >> Screen Saver. Either make sure that option is unchecked, or the screen saver is disabled.

post-57213-1251933100_thumb.png

The second thing I was trying to say is I had similar problems to yours, where Windows would basically ignore my power settings. It helped me if I created a new power plan, instead of trying to reconfigure one of the default plans.

You don't need to modify sleep to stop Windows from locking itself when it sleeps. I think. :/

hmm... :s

You misunderstood me. I was just mentioning that the text says "On resume, display login screen". They changed it in Windows 7, it used to say "On resume, password protect" in XP.

It's not under Power Options, it's under Personalize >> Screen Saver. Either make sure that option is unchecked, or the screen saver is disabled.

post-57213-1251933100_thumb.png

I can't uncheck that option in Personalize > Screen Saver. Even though, I have selected Screensaver "None" and the wait time is: 1 minute. Therefore, the windows locks itself after 1 minute.

hmm... :s

I can't uncheck that option in Personalize > Screen Saver. Even though, I have selected Screensaver "None" and the wait time is: 1 minute. Therefore, the windows locks itself after 1 minute.

That has to be set in group policy or something. Try running gpedit.msc and look around there.

Alright, so here's the problem i'm facing in Windows 7: even though in control panel > power options, the option is set to: "Never" for the following tasks "Choose when to turn off the display / Choose when the computer sleeps" my computer screen gets locked after a minute if don't move the mouse, and to get it back to normal i have to click on my account display picture.

So, how can i not let my computer go to sleep?

PS. i'm using "Balanced (recommended) power plan".

edit your registry

That has to be set in group policy or something. Try running gpedit.msc and look around there.

It worked, gpedit.msc > administrative settings > screensaver > enabled, set time to 0.

thanks ! :)