TuneUp Utilities 2010

anyone know how to remove the "Tuneup Undelete" from the recycle bin i keep clicking that instead of empty and opening the stupid program. (this has been in recent versions however its still annoying.

Setting > General > Intergration

Does this program really work in comparison to other tools like CCleaner and PerfectDisk? I haven't used it for a long time but it's always felt bloated and unnecessary to me...

As an all in one system optimisation tool it is awesome. But it's defrag tool cant compete with PD, which is the best in the business.

Finished playing around with TuneUp Utilities 2010 (and blogging about it).

Not really worth the 30 bucks (upgrade license). Turbo + Live Optimiser aren't critical features and doesnt deserve the price tag. Apple is offering an entire OS upgrade for 30 bucks.

Turbo= Inferior version of GameBooster

LiveOptimiser=some what like ProcessLasso/Process Tamer.

Finished playing around with TuneUp Utilities 2010 (and blogging about it).

Not really worth the 30 bucks (upgrade license). Turbo + Live Optimiser aren't critical features and doesnt deserve the price tag. Apple is offering an entire OS upgrade for 30 bucks.

Turbo= Inferior version of GameBooster

LiveOptimiser=some what like ProcessLasso/Process Tamer.

note: Tuneup 2009 doesn't work with Windows 7

lol at the turbo feature and lol at all the tweak & tuneup programs, I've learnt that you can pretty much put all the "tweaks" you want into one simple registry file without using these crappy utility suites.

now Tuneup Styler 2010 under Windows 7 can't install visual style :(

visualstyler.jpg

Moral of the story:

Stay away from this so-called tuneup utilities. Windows works perfectly fine without them. If such a thing was really needed, I am sure Microsoft would have implemented one in Windows.

note: Tuneup 2009 doesn't work with Windows 7

Yep. Thats is the only thing TuneUp 2010 has got in its favour.

Btw, older builds of TuneUp 2009 run in Windows 7 and all the major components (Registry Cleaner, Reg Defrag etc) work fine. However, TuneUp 2009 officially doesn't support Win 7, so its a risk.

TuneUp 2009 does support windows 7 but you need build 8.0.2000 they blocked builds after that from working to try and force people to upgrade

been using 8.0.2000 with windows 7 RC and RTM without issue

thanks for the software GSDragoon, however didnt really show me much more information :( as far as i can see there are only 3 services with Tuneup, and they're all set manually.. yet it still wants to startup :p

TuneUp Utilities Service is what adds the icon down there, I think it mostly has to do with the Live Optimization and Turbo Mode. I personally have both of these features turned off, and after stopping the TuneUp Utilities Service, the tray icon disappears. If I start the service, the tray icon comes back.

It also appears simply starting TuneUp Utilities starts this service, and it doesn't stop until you turn it off in services or restart. You could try completely disabling it but I am not sure how TuneUp Utilities would respond to not being able to start one of its services.

Great, now I can't see "Pictures Library" in " Desktop Background" :(

Works fine here, I still see the Pictures Library after doing a registry cleaning.

I'm sure they'll add theme's back in an update. So far, I'm liking this, minus the new home UI. The new Turbo mode and Live optimizations look interesting.

Live Optimization doesn't do much for me, but Turbo Mode is handy for those of us that want to play games on less than recent PCs. It's a nice new update to the program, but I'm not sure it's worth the price yet. I love how it's a "set it and forget it" program, though. Oh, as far as the "bloat" goes, the extra two or three services don't bother me at all. I'd gladly take a couple services over a bunch of trivial tasks I have to remember each week.

Live Optimization doesn't do much for me, but Turbo Mode is handy for those of us that want to play games on less than recent PCs. It's a nice new update to the program, but I'm not sure it's worth the price yet. I love how it's a "set it and forget it" program, though. Oh, as far as the "bloat" goes, the extra two or three services don't bother me at all. I'd gladly take a couple services over a bunch of trivial tasks I have to remember each week.

GameBooster is the best for that purpose.

The only big improvement in TuneUp is it's new interface. There is no question that it makes accessing different utilities easier and faster.

I just installed the trial and it had a problem updating. I can't even get tune-up.com to load. DFEOJM says it's up. What the...? I can browse the site fine using the Coralize Network. Here's my tracert:

post-77289-1257665703_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone know of an equivalent program to enable a 'shredding' of programs or recycled as supplied in this program?

I'd prefer something a little simpler because in all honesty it's all I have a use for..:)

the biggest part of TU2010 I don't use or need.

• 3 weeks later...
does anyone know of an equivalent program to enable a 'shredding' of programs or recycled as supplied in this program?

I'd prefer something a little simpler because in all honesty it's all I have a use for..:)

the biggest part of TU2010 I don't use or need.

SPYBOT Search and destroy has a file shred option (plus it protects your pc from spyware/malware)