N64 Emulator For Xbox

I didn't see this mentioned but there is a new N64 emulator for the Xbox, it has sound and runs some games very well, I've played with Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart, both work quite well....

There was a previous N64 emulator but it did not have sound....

cpx-p64x.rar

Release Info: ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMPLEX is proud to present PJ64-X the first ever working N64 Emulator

with sound support. based on Project 64 sources.

Supported

=========

- Graphics

- Sound

- 4 Controllers with full analog support

- Mempaks

- Savestates

- 8, 12 and some 16Meg Roms like Banjo Kazooie.

- expermimental 32Meg support.

Notes

=====

- Roms in /ROMS

- 'X' toggle between filebrowser and rombrowser.

- 'B' for Credits page.

- Back + Black = Save State

- Back + White = Load State

- Left Thumb + Right Thumb to quit current rom.

- 32Meg roms should be launched with the 32M Optimized versions.

(*Most 32Meg+ roms will lock, this is still experimental)

- Source Code has been released.

Generally speaking, most things will work fine with Rice's Plugin.

But ROMS like Mario Kart 64, Banjo Kazooie and Starfox 64 work much

better with the Daedalus 0.08 plugin. Be sure to experiment with this.

---------------

it works ok with a couple games. If it ever gets anywhere near 100% compat it will be heaven:DD

I tried Super Mario 64 on it today. Plays very well. Mario Kart 64 was ok, but not as good as SM64. I think I'm gonna check out Banjo Kazooie tomorrow, as it's supposed to play well also.

yea, i was very impressed with how mario 64 played...almost perfect emulation on that one. mario kart 64 still had a few pauses here and there...but still playable. i just tried diddy kong racing...and the graphics are totally screwed on this one. let's just hope they update this often to fix the glitches. i'm just happy that there's sound now! wooohoo!

Nintendo games are just kids games, why do you want to play Mario or whatever on an XBOX? XBOX's are for us macho men and women who want blood and guts! Not some whimsical farce or jumping around nonsense!

Next you?ll be telling us you want to play Playstation emulator so you can play Spyro the dragon!

Being slightly more serious, why on earth do you wish to play Nintendo games on an N64? On most gaming boards, all I see is mine is better than yours and Nintendo is just a kids console etc, yet you talking about the very fact of playing Nintendo games on the console that has mature gaming for the masses.

Might aswell go and buy a GC if you appreciate awesome platformers. Which I have to say Nintendo does them best...nobody comes close! PS2 owners who claim Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is awesome has clearly a frontal lobotomy. Nintendo rules the world of platforming which is why XBOX hasn?t really tried.

Nintendo games are just kids games, why do you want to play Mario or whatever on an XBOX? XBOX's are for us macho men and women who want blood and guts! Not some whimsical farce or jumping around nonsense!

Next you?ll be telling us you want to play Playstation emulator so you can play Spyro the dragon!

i have nothing to say to u...that is just pure ignorance

oojaxxoo,

You have no sense of humour! If you read my post above yours you will see that I was only joking! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WTF!!! Mario is one of the best games ever, a classic, it isn't just for kids at all.....anyway XBox is just a dummed down PC, no wonder it can play N64 games fine on an emulator...

I got the emu. But haven't installed it yet. going to wait a few hours more. have some things to do first. can't wait to test it :)

btw: Ad_Enuff, there is already a playstation emulator :p

there is always a daedulus-x n64 emulator which is very good, it won the xbox n64 contest. never used project x for xbox but the previous mentioned should be given a look.