WFP Gift email notification

I just received the email today, anyone else get their? and why doesn't it tell what the gift is?

Hello Windows User,

We appreciate your continued participation in the Windows Feedback Program! As a token of our appreciation, we will be sending you a copy of

Before we ship your gift, however, we ask that you please update your current mailing address. Follow the link below to update this information:

https://wfp.microsoft.com/PanelistUpdate.aspx

Please use the same email address that you used to register with the Windows Feedback Program. In order to avoid shipping delays, please update us with your updated mailing information by November 24th 2009.

Thanks!

The Windows Team

* No purchase necessary to participate. Open to residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C. 18+. This free gift offer is good only to Windows Feedback program participants who receive a first party offer to participate. This invitation is non-transferrable. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of gift. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Offer is non-transferable.

Privacy

Microsoft respects your privacy. You may visit our website to review the privacy statement for this program.

Stop receiving these emails

If you would prefer to no longer receive communications from the Windows Feedback Program you must discontinue your participation in the program. To stop participating, visit our opt-out page and enter the email address at which you received this message.

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

I got a copy. No, you can't tell what the "gift" is. From the document source, it looks like they composed the message in Microsoft Word.

I got the same e-mail. Hope the gift is something cool.

So any update any one?
We realized that we did not identify the thank you gift. This email is to let you know that you will receive a copy of Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate as a token of our appreciation.

So much for:

we will send you a copy of the commercially released version of Windows 7 Ultimate as a gift* within 3 months of its general availability

I can't be critical of a free gift, obviously, but this whole thing has been bizarre.

Edited by BaikenGuro

my mail today says Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate :(

I'm sure my new gift copy will enjoy sitting next to my current, now unused license of Vista that I can't sell.

I received two different "gift" offers for WFP. The first was around January for Vista Ultimate, the second was a month or two later and said "Windows 7 Ultimate" within 3 months of general availability. Yesterday I got an updated mail saying they missed the gift description and it would be Vista Ultimate. :( I have 0 problems with Vista, but I'm not using it anymore. Hopefully the Windows 7 "gift" is still in the pipeline...

i did this as well however i have still never received anything.

I received the "dud" e-mail with no gift listed on the 17th:

Hello Windows User,

We appreciate your continued participation in the Windows Feedback Program! As a token of our appreciation, we will be sending you a copy of

Before we ship your gift, however, we ask that you please update your current mailing address. Follow the link below to update this information:

Please use the same email address that you used to register with the Windows Feedback Program. In order to avoid shipping delays, please update us with your updated mailing information by November 24th 2009.

Thanks!

The Windows Team

The second was Monday (the 1st):

Hello Windows User,

Thank you for your continued participation in the Windows Feedback Program. We realized that we did not identify the thank you gift. This email is to let you know that you will receive a copy of Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate as a token of our appreciation.

Please use the same email address that you used to register with the Windows Feedback Program. In order to avoid shipping delays, please update any mailing information by December 8th 2009.

I also got a survey in-between that said there was a drawing to win 1 of 16 copies of Windows 7 Ultimate. I can't find the e-mails from when the program started, but I definitely received one that said Vista and later another that said Windows 7.

I can't find the e-mails from when the program started, but I definitely received one that said Vista and later another that said Windows 7.

We would like to thank you for your participation in the Windows Feedback Program during Windows 7 Beta. As you may be aware, Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) is now available and can be obtained by clicking on the following link:

http://microsoft.com/windows/windows7

We greatly value your participation in the Windows Feedback Program and would like to take this opportunity to remind you to please install the Windows Feedback Program software on your machine(s) running Windows 7 RC. The Windows Feedback Program software can be installed by clicking on the following link :

https://wfp.microsoft.com/app_client/setup.exe

During the installation process, please use the same email address that you used when you signed up for our program.

To encourage your continued participation in the Windows Feedback Program using Windows 7 RC, we will send you a copy of the commercially released version of Windows 7 Ultimate as a gift* within 3 months of its general availability in the US provided that:

1. You are a US resident of age 18 or older;

2. You signed up for the Windows Feedback Program through the Windows 7 beta Community Preview Program; and

3. You have sent data using the Windows Feedback Program automated instrumentation software from Windows 7 RC for at least 4 months.

We would appreciate it if you continue your participation in the Windows Feedback Program after receipt of the gift and send us data using the automated instrumentation software on the commercially released version of Windows 7. However, it is not a condition of the gift. We may offer more incentives if you do.

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

I got my Vista Ultimate from the WFP today finally. They sent an x86 and x64 disc shrink-wrapped together. No case, and they're marked as promotional copies. Strangely, they have separate keys, so in effect they sent me two copies. Still no word on the elusive Windows 7 Ultimate gift they mentioned mid-year.

I too received a copy of Vista Ultimate via UPS yesterday. It actually came from a company called Market Strategies International, who must be running the market research for Microsoft's Windows Feedback program. To bad I've long since made the switch to Windows 7.

Update:

I got my Vista Ultimate from the WFP today finally. They sent an x86 and x64 disc shrink-wrapped together. No case, and they're marked as promotional copies. Strangely, they have separate keys, so in effect they sent me two copies. Still no word on the elusive Windows 7 Ultimate gift they mentioned mid-year.

It isn't inconceivable that they're obliged to honor both offers. I wouldn't dismiss the Windows 7 e-mail until February.

It isn't inconceivable that they're obliged to honor both offers. I wouldn't dismiss the Windows 7 e-mail until February.

Actually, they say in the letter that came with the Vista gift that the program is going to be continuing for several years, so there is probably a good chance that future gifts will distributed to those who keep running WFP.

I was furious when I read Vista Ultimate after being promised Windows 7 so I complained to Ballmer and yesterday got an email saying "(Those who got those emails) are qualified for the Windows 7 Ultimate offer 3 months after general release of Windows 7. The current deadline for this offer is January 22nd and they have no plans to delay or push this date out. " Relieved since then. Why can't the WinPanel respond?