WFP Gift email notification

so I complained to Ballmer

I hope when you say 'complained' you mean 'inquired in a polite manner.'

That's why I can't get too up-in-arms about all this, Microsoft isn't obligated to give me anything.

Actually, they say in the letter that came with the Vista gift that the program is going to be continuing for several years, so there is probably a good chance that future gifts will distributed to those who keep running WFP.

And I'm right again. They've sent Vista as they initially promised, AND sending Windows 7, which they promised later on during the program.

Hello - ,

We would like to thank you for your participation in the Windows Feedback Program <https://wfp.microsoft.com/> during Windows 7 Beta, Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) and have continued to send us data 4 months after the RC release.

As a token of your appreciation, we will be sending you a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

In order to do so, we need you to update us with your name and shipping address. We would like to ship your gift as soon as possible, so please follow these steps to enter your information:

1.) Go to https://wfp.microsoft.com/PanelistUpdate.aspx in your internet browser

2.) Update your name and mailing address

3.) Click submit

In order to expedite the shipping process, we ask you to enter your information by Friday, January 29th, 2010. Your gift may be delayed if you do not do so by that time.

We would appreciate it if you continue your participation in the Windows Feedback Program after receipt of the gift and send us data using the automated instrumentation software on the commercially released version of Windows 7.

Thank You

The Windows Experience Team

Privacy

Microsoft respects your privacy. You may go onto our website to review the privacy statement <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=103443&clcid=0x409> for this program.

Stop receiving these emails

if you would prefer to no longer receive communications from the Windows Feedback Program you must discontinue your participation in the program. To stop participating, visit our opt-out <https://wfp.microsoft.com/Removal.aspx> page and enter the email address at which you received this message.

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

* The gift will be sent to a postal address in the US only, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Limit one gift per Windows Feedback program participant. Gift is not redeemable for cash. If the gift is returned as non-deliverable, it will not be resent. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

Two Vista licenses and one (or more) of Windows 7 - not a bad reward for this program. Props to Microsoft for making the program lightweight and completely unintrusive.

Edited by Relativity_17

I just got another email this afternoon:

We would like to thank you for your participation in the Windows Feedback Program during Windows 7 Beta, Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) and have continued to send us data 4 months after the RC release.

As a token of your appreciation, we will be sending you a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Not too shabby, but I wont believe it till I receive that UPS package. Fingers crossed.

Microsoft isn't obligated to give me anything.
Yes they're not obligated to give you anything. But they are to me if they collect data from my PC and promise me earlier and then backtrack.

Yes they're not obligated to give you anything. But they are to me if they collect data from my PC and promise me earlier and then backtrack.

Technically, they are not required to give you anything. Ever wonder why they always make it a point to refer to it as a gift? It establishes unambiguously that it is not compensation. While you might feel entitled to compensation, with the terms they used, I don't believe they're legally obligated to give you anything.

That said, they're not withholding the gift.